“Disappointing and overpriced”

Suwadivi Ayurveda Health Care
Ranked #3 of 7 Spas & Wellness in Ella
Reviewed 4 February 2015

My partner and I booked the one hour package here for 3700 each. We had reasonable expectations after reading mixed reviews, but having climbed Adam's Peak the day before, we were in need of a massage. The package was meant to include a head massage, full body massage, and facial. The head massage involved smelly oil being rubbed through our hair for ten minutes. The body massage was perfunctory - despite us both having sore calves, the masseuses didn't appear to realise this. The facial involved two different products applied to our faces and then wiped off. The whole hour wasn't used, and our masseuses were pushy in their request for tips. No showers were offered to clean the oil from our hair.

Overall, a disappointing and expensive experience that didn't seem to involved any particular Ayurvedic methods.

To note, there are actually two centres with the same name. The "real" one is on the right down a driveway as you walk up the hill from the main street.

5  Thank mizzSK

Reviewed 15 January 2015

Do you want all of the maladies you have and will ever get to be a fading memory... you just have to do what the "doctor" in this center tells you to do. Of course, this will mean that you should buy their stuff and stop consulting other physicians. The prices are quite high, a similar pack of black pepper or cinnamon in Zanzibar cost a twentieth of the price here (I was there August 2014).
I strongly advise that you do not waste your time here.
I stated that there is no entrance fee. There isn't but tips are expected.

2  Thank mazda65
Reviewed 16 November 2014 via mobile

This is absolutely rubbish. Fair enough it is cheap when converted into GPB but its no way near worth it. My self and my mate got two amature massage people who just literally gave us a rub and didnt feel anything apart from drips or oil touching the body. Avoid this and dont be fooled. My dog will give you a better massage if u contact me and il charge you 20 rupees.

4  Thank Dharmesh S
Reviewed 29 October 2014

100% healthy and Ayurveda Herbals using for massages ,Facials seerodara so i will recommend this Place to visit and get the 100% Pure Stuff

1  Thank JoyRoo
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Went there with my 3 children (14 and 16 years). By the "consultation" which shold be focussed on our needs/ ailments/ health- the manager simply showed us a card with different therapies and the price (which was high compared to other places we were during our trip). I was fortunate to have a seasoned therapist. However, my children (who were taken to a different room) had very negative experiences with their therapists: as mentioned in other entries in tripadvisor, the rooms are very brightly lit (bald hanging light bulbs) - and the therapists were talking to eachother the entire time and treated them indifferently / half-heartedly. I would not recommend this to anyone, there are at least 3 other Ayurveda places in Ella, perhaps they have not yet lost the sense of delivering good treatments.

1  Thank susan h