“Great value for Money”
Review of Hotel Aditya

Hotel Aditya
Ranked #24 of 89 Hotels in Haridwar
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Hotel is located just beside shore of holy river Ganga. I stayed for 2 days, enjoyed completely in this hotel,especially rooms having Ganga river facing. One more good thing is that, all sightseeing places of Haridwar are just walkable distance from this hotel. No need to hire any extra commute. One end of hotel has full-pact hotel and other is with Ganga river.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

Hotel with the best possible location to have the best connection with the river - right on the banks and in the middle of the market. Thats the best part. In fact thats the only best part. Food served is average, you can get it easily by peeping outside the hotel. Room is not so clean, scary of the bedsheets and blanket. Staff-average. Though it is atleast 1km away from the main Har-ki-pauri spot, considering other factors, the Hotel is located at a very strategic location and can go for it, even though it looses a bit on the factor of value for money.

Room Tip: River view room ob GF is the best, even though the charges are almost double.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank balajivrao
Reviewed 10 February 2012

My husband and I stayed three nights at the Hotel Aditya in Haridwar. We stayed in one of their best rooms, with private balcony overlooking one of the quiet ghats and footbridges. The room was clean but the sheets were a bit stained. We had a comfortable kingsize bed and the room was quite spacious. They provided a two quilts and a room heater, as it was quite cold when we were there. The windows are mirrored from the outside so it was nice to be able to see outside while not having to keep the curtains closed for privacy. The location was good so easy to walk to most of the popular sites. We enjoy walking and only occasionally hired a bicycle rickshaw to get around. Haridwar isn't the cleanest place, and people often put trash directly into the beautiful river Ganga, so being able to come back to a clean hotel was a blessing. Our biggest complaints about Hotel Aditya is there is no internet access, so we had to search to find what little shops may have it. The staff were extremely nice and accommodating. We enjoyed the food at the hotel, especially their Indian breakfast in the mornings. If we return to Hardiwar we'd definitely stay there again (although we liked Rishikesh better as it has a more welcoming energy for westerners and is much cleaner).

Room Tip: I'd advised getting one of their best Ganga View rooms with private balcony. We stayed in Room 7...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ElephantDreamer
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I'm from the US and it was my first time in India. My friend arranged a stop on the way to Rishikesh but didn't tell me where we were going - just that it would be beautiful and I would love it. When we reached Hotel Aditya, I was so amazed by the balcony view of the River Ganga that I thought it was my final destination and was glad to be there. The room was clean and bright, The service was swift and the food was awesome. I spent a lot of time on the balcony just enjoying the view of the people and the activities on the river below. It was peaceful and relaxing. Next time I go, I will stay again. I highly recommend the Hotel Aditya as a must do experience when traveling to North India.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank mariamia730
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I have been to this Hotel 2-3 times. The best part of the Hotel is its view from Balcony... its truly amazing. Staffs and the owner of the hotel are very friendly.
I will recommend this hotel if you are visiting Haridwar and want to see the real City.

Room Tip: rooms at ganga view. And dont forget to call them in advance.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo