All reviewslow tidelast momentlarge poolenjoyable staystunning locationfresh fruita great stayrooms are cleanour honeymoonbungalowstanleynetssandchilljambianibeachfan
Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

Comfortable stay with awesome food and service. The menu selection and the preparations were excellent. Spending time on the beach was a memorable experience. Mr. Ramesh was very helpful throughout our stay. Will come back especially for the food.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Pinky L
Reviewed 4 November 2017

I wonder how this hotel gets positive responses because my stay there was not pleasant.

The room was ok, I really liked the artwork with the towels and flowers. I must add that the beach views are good.

It took more than 1 hour to get my order served. What a disappointment, when my tea pot was served, the tea did not look or smell fresh and honestly looked like left over from someone's tea pot or some left over tea. It did not even fill a small cup. Needless to say I could not take it. The fruit platter consisted of one very sour pineapple slice and an equally sour orange. Totally not worth the wait or price!

Food portions are small even for someone on diet!

Some staff were asking inappropriate questions which were unnecessary and not their business. If you want details, I can provide.

I spent my last night in Zanzibar at Hakuna Majiwe and really had to work to keep my spirits high, I was not going to allow them to spoil my otherwise very good holiday.

I would not recommend a stay here, unless they make improvements on small things that can be really irritating.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Juliet R
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Travel to Hakuna Majiwe Beach last month, Its was truly a memorable experience in regards to food. The food they serve is cook to perfection as well as delicious. Special mention about the seafood, you are bound to fall in love. Surely will recommend more family and friends.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 19 October 2017

Pros:
Beautiful and clean beach that stretches for miles
Friendly staff
Quiet/relaxing
Well maintained/charming
Close to village life, with local women harvesting algae from the sand during low tide at sunrise
Nice pool area
Can arrange excursions all over the island

Cons (some are relative):
Uninspiring meals/food options
Swimming limited to high tide times
Expensive transfer from the airport ($60)
No Wi-Fi/TV in rooms, but that can also be a plus
Lack of nightlife nearby (again, that can be a plus)
No gym, but can safely jog on the beach

Overall a great stay, highly recommended for whomever wants to relax in a beautiful beach setting and does not mind swimming only at certain times and the lack of luxury, amenities, and nightlife.

Room Tip: the closest to the ocean, the better and possibly not close to the dining area
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Have to say having walked the full length of the beach, this looks to be the best place and most private.
Nothing in the town and nowhere else really worth eating nearby.
Food was disappointing.
Cocktail of the day never changed. Cocktails we did have were horrible!
Service was attentive but too attentive- you were not allowed to even put down your own glass!
Lodges are amazing. White sand beaches. Well kept grounds. Perfect pool.
Swimmable sea.