“Best diving center in Zanzibar”

Zanzibar Parasailing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: WELCOME TO THE NUMBER 1 WATER SPORT CENTRE IN ZANZIBAR Join us in the North of Zanzibar - Kendwa or Nungwi for your adventure to begin! PARASAILING - your chance to fly like a bird … to defy gravity. From about 300 meters in the air, see the brilliant colors of the coral reef around the northern tip of Zanzibar - stretching over 2km into the ocean. Gaze at the sandy, white beaches of Nungwi and Kendwa (rated top 10 in the world!), surrounded by tropical trees, and dotted with resorts and local fishing villages. JETSKI SAFARI - The tour starts from Nungwi and heads out towards the mysterious island of Tumbatu - known amongst the locals for its seclusion and with craft. We will cruise with our Jetskis by the island and admire its perfectly pristine settings. Near Tumbatu Island we will take a stop about 15 minutes to relax and swim. The tour will continue on towards Kendwa (rated top 10 beaches in the world) and from there we will cruise along the coastline admiring all the hotels and beaches along the way back to Nungwi. The Jet Ski Safari is guided by one of our Jet-Ski Guides. WATER SPORTS - Ringos, Banana Boat, Super Mable, Kneeboard, Water Ski, Wake Board, Flyfish...all for your pleasure! DIVING - Diving Zanzibar offers a variety of diving spots to satisfy all divers. Renowned for its picturesque coral reefs Zanzibar has vibrant and colourful marine life. Situated in the North of the island Zanzibar divers is an ideal location to access some the best dive sites on the island. We offer three locations for our dives. Local area The local area is an ideal and safe location for those experiencing there first ever dive or those wishing to dive without spending too much time on the boat. We have a few local sites all abundant with butterfly fish, parrot fish, surgeon fish and the opportunity to see lion fish, scorpion fish and the occasional turtle! Tumbatu Island Just a 30 minute boat ride across from our Kendwa base is the infamous tumbatu island, well known for its mystery and voodoo. The reefs surrounding the island are teeming with marine life and with the reef starting at 5m and going down beyond 20m it is suitable for all levels of divers. A favourite location for us this area has a resident turtle family which are often spotted while diving as well as large groupers, blue spotted stingrays, large moray eels and the chance to see larger schools of fish passing through on the deep ocean side. Mnemba Mnemba Island is definitely one of Zanzibar's most talked about diving areas. The reefs surrounding this island provide a variety of diving areas from shallow corals to deep walls at up to 30m. The boat ride from our base gives you the opportunity to see the whole northern coastline and often during the journey we are accompanied by inquisitive pods of dolphins! Mnemba has a rich and diverse marine life with divers often seeing turtles, large schools of fish and sometimes a passing whale shark (seasonal). For the lovers of smaller things colourful nudibranchs,leaf fish and mantis shrimps can all be seen here.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

This is the best diving center in Zanzibar with very modern boat and equipment. I took the OW license with the Bel the in-house instructor. She is very professional and well prepared I did also six diving in following days. AAA+ instructor and services
Special mention to Ismail the skipper, during one of the diving suddenly the sea condition got bad and he drove us safely back.
Everything at Top.

Date of experience: March 2018
Toto V, Marketing Manager at Zanzibar Parasailing, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2018

Thanks for your review and we are happy to hear you had a great experience with us!
We hope to see you again! ☺️

All reviews
"session"
"equipment"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 2 March 2018 via mobile

We have made 2 dives near Tambatu island. Wery nice dives, full of diferent sort of corals, all between 8 and 12m.
Dive center have the nevest equipment on Zanzibar (I have tryed 5 dive centers in past thre visit in one year). Good boat, nice stuff.
All at all I can higly recomended.

Date of experience: February 2018

Hi! Thank you for your response! We are happy to hear you had a good experience with us! We look forward to seeing you again! ☺️

Reviewed 28 February 2018

Unfortunaly the weather did not let us to enjoy this experience but the boss was very cool with us; He will never take a risk if the wind is not just fine for you and for your security. I really recommand this place and i do hope that next time we will meet again

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 8 January 2018 via mobile

I've just done my DSD and it was amazing. Josh, my instructor was really professional and nice. Highly recommended.

Date of experience: January 2018
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 January 2018

I decided for Jet Ski Safari as I love snorkeling and like Jet Ski, so combining the two sounded perfect. Also organsing just the day before was easy via WhatsApp.
Pick-up 10.00 a.m. Driver was perfectly on time. It took us less then 30min. At arrival I was told that I was early and had to wait 30min. two minutes later I was told at least one hour. O.k. I´m in Africa -I´m used to this. So I went for walk at the really nice beach. at my return I was then announced that that there would be no snorkeling possible. It was explained by wind etc, and that I can´t get Money back as I paid before. By the way cost was 250 USD incl, Pick-up. Without the snorkeling I would never have booked 1.5h Jet Ski, but rather 15 minutes for 50 USD and they knew this! After 1.5h waiting we went to the beach (the other couple was called before that start was at 12.30) Is it so difficult to manage the booking for 4 Jet Skis? We went to the beach and had to wait another half hour and explanation was that Jet skis had to be refilled with fuel, but instead they were busy running banana boat and one couple for a 15 min Jet Ski. So after 2 hours waiting we went. The couple was totally unexperienced and first time on Jet Ski. The sea was indeed busy and for unexperienced not easy to ride, so why selling 1.5 hours to such customers? We had a few breaks to relax them and also went to an Island which was not very spectacular. Jet Sking was fun, but no need for 1.5 hours. As compensation for the waste of (waiting time) and the missed snorkeling I was offered a beer which I have obviouisly refused. Funny enough when leaving some customers got handed out snorkeling equipment. So make sure you know what you get to avoid dissappointment as I had to go back to Europe without snorkeling relying on Parasailing who took me this experience.

Date of experience: January 2018