15 people are viewing this hotel
Priceline$236
Hotels.com$243
Trip.com$212
2,058 results
All reviews double bath the cliff main restaurant animation team huge room swim up bar ocean suite infinity pool buffet style our honeymoon stone town water aerobics all inclusive package hakuna matata evening entertainment general manager asante sana
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 September 2020

Kim Bird is general manager who told us , last year , that we would get refund because we had terrible 14 days in this hotel
but she just stop answering my emails
we had no hot water and sometimes we had no water at all only small problem in this hotel

Date of stay: September 2020
5  Thank vesna c
Reviewed 29 March 2020

I spent five blissful days at the Royal Zanzibar last year and am sorry I've taken so long to post my review. I loved my time there and am longing to return. The location is pure paradise, and the grounds are beautifully maintained. I fully enjoyed the thrice-daily buffets and the endless swimming pools (because there are so many, most are wide open). The staff were all very friendly. Extra thanks to Rukia for the special attention, which truly enhanced my all-too-brief stay.

Date of stay: April 2019
1  Thank ErikaSelvon
GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2020

Dear Erika,

Thank you very much for such a terrific review of your stay with Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort.

We haven't been able to decide which part we liked the most, your use of the word "blissful", your longing to return, being called "pure paradise" or your lovely descriptions of the property but we were grateful for all of it. Rukia was particularly pleased to be mentioned by name.

Thank you once again for choosing Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort for your stay in Nungwi, we are already looking forward to your return!

Kind regards, we hope that you are staying safe,

Reviewed 8 March 2020 via mobile

The resort is extremely well made and the rooms are totally comfortable. The hospitality is on point and the staff is always greeting you with big smiles on their faces. I was here with my wife and overall it was an awesome resort to stay at. They definitely have the best beach access. And the best pools. Large pools and in Abundance! Few negative points I noticed -

Multiple waiters coming asking for drinks order when the order was already placed.
Once during our breakfast, the egg station had no onion. I inquired with the chef for scrambled eggs and the chef confirmed no onions were available. It was disappointing that he Did not initiate sending someone to kitchen to get chopped onions.

Buffet timing was 9:30. By 9 things started running out. And they did not replenish which is fine. I understand. What I don't get is that the staff was coming in and getting food on plates and some even packing food to take away. Not sure if this is hotel policy.

Other than this it was a great vacation!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your very kind review and your helpful comments.

It was terrific to hear that overall you had an awesome stay and a great vacation. We were glad that you enjoyed our beautiful resort and gorgeous beach and of course our lovely pools and wonderful staff.

I very much appreciated your specific comments and we have discussed them with the food and beverage team. They should not be overlapping as they have assigned stations for drink service and like you I'm very disappointed that no one went to chop an onion for you, such a simple step! You are also correct that they staff are not allowed to remove food from the buffet, it is not policy and has also been addressed.

Thank you once again for choosing Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort for your stay in Nungwi. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 February 2020 via mobile

My 1 week stay was everything I hoped for in Zanzibar. Hot tropical sun, great hotel and facilities. The friendly staff with their nothing is too much trouble attitude made my holiday. Included in the All-inclusive was the dinner on the beach and by the pool area which was welcome surprise to eat alfresco. I have to mention The best fresh fruit section I have ever seen in a buffet and plenty of local dishes to taste what the island offers.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2020

Dear Leanne,

Thank you so much for your terrific review and very kind remarks regarding your stay with Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort!

We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourself and were pleased that you liked our fresh fruit and had sampled some of the local dishes! Although the set up for our beach and pool dinners is a lot of hard work, we love surprising our guests with the opportunity to dine outside and enjoy more of our beautiful locations. As for our staff, we never cease to appreciate what a positive impact their friendly natures have on our guests and love being able to share reviews such as yours with them all.

Thank you once again for choosing Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort for your stay in Nungwi. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2020 via mobile

Choose this a hotel for 4 night stay for the valentine's weekend. I was prepared to pay a little extra expecting better quality. Even chose the all inclusive option but this was a absolute mistake. Poor quality everything from breakfast to lunch to dinner to drinks. The most ridiculous things was this hotel bars seemed to run out different things each day. Some days there was no snacks. Some days they only had one option beers available as the others had run. Other days some sodas where out. Cocktails are poorly made with no attention to detail and overused and scratched glasses.

Buffet was of poor quality. Breakfast identical offerings everyday and most pots empty half the time.

Pool chairs was always a problem as people leave the towels early in the morning to book the seat and dont use the entire leaving to have a poor out of way seating.

This hotel lack of management attention in all facets. I would rate this a 2 star hotel in terms of the experience. There much better options in the area at a cheaper price.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Vinesh R
GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2020

Dear Vinesh,

Thank you for your review of Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort.

We're so sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your stay with us. The team works hard to ensure that our guests have a great stay and it's both personally and professionally disappointing when we fail in that goal. Unfortunately with many of our supplies coming from mainland Tanzania, we are often at the mercy of the suppliers when staples such as Coca Cola are simply not available or some of the beers we carry. But we would agree that these problems shouldn't affect the experience of the guest. I'm also sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the breakfast. Although I would agree that the items are the same most mornings, we do offer eggs made any way you like, to order, the standard bacon, mushrooms, sausages, baked beans, grilled tomatoes and hash browns for an American Style breakfast, salads, cheeses and cold cuts for a European Style, pastries, toast and jam, hot and cold cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt, pancakes and waffles with the appropriate accompaniments plus an Asian Style corner with 3 or 4 dishes depending on the number of Asian guests in the resort. While it may be similar each day, we hope that it's a wide enough selection for our guests to make different choices each day.

I'm also sorry about the situation with the pool chairs. We will try to find better ways to remove guests personal belongings to free up chairs that have been held empty for too long.

Thank you once again for choosing Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort for your stay in Nungwi. Should you be returning, please do contact me directly. We would appreciate the opportunity to improve on this stay.