21 people are viewing this hotel
Priceline$236
Hotels.com$243
Trip.com$212
2,058 results
All reviews double bath the cliff main restaurant animation team huge room swim up bar ocean suite infinity pool buffet style our honeymoon stone town water aerobics all inclusive package hakuna matata evening entertainment general manager asante sana
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 January 2020 via mobile

I guess this is my first bad review ever! As I mostly write them when I realy had a great experience and want to share it.
So i went to this hotel with family on Dec 29th 2019. and stayed for 9 days.
I could write a lot but I wont. Most inportant - It isnn't 5 star, not eaven by african standards. Nothing is as in pictures axcept for a beautiful beach. But there are a lot of other hotels on the same beach. Food is bad, hotel is unkept, rooms ( standard room) are horible!! And it was very expensive. Not worth the money at all.
Constructive advice, if you are going to Zanzibar look for new hotels beecause as local agent told me, they all get bad within a year :) or just opt for smaller private accomodation if you are on budget.

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank Sasha0403_12
GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2020

Dear Sasha,

We're very sorry to have been your first bad review. I'm also sorry to hear that a local agent would do such a disservice to the many wonderful resorts in Zanzibar that have been open for years and are still very well thought of and reviewed, including Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort in most cases.

We take a great deal of pride in the fact that many of our guests tell us the resort is even better than the photos, something I much prefer to having great photos and a resort that doesn't match. The only area I would agree is that the Superior Room bathrooms need updating, something we plan to do later this year.

I'm very sorry that you were disappointed.

Reviewed 7 January 2020 via mobile

A faking 5 stars, really expressing a 2stars services, not able to accomplish any problems such as air conditioning or insects in the rooms, noisy and dirty, insufficient for electric supply, food poor and always the same; many guests were suffering enteritis. A place to avoid

Date of stay: January 2020
5  Thank alessandropJ5438QM

Dear Alessandro,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us and that you didn't feel your concerns were addressed. While it's true that we occasionally have problems with the AC units, they are normally quickly addressed and we have never had a situation where a number of guests were suffering enteritis. We do everything that we can to ensure that the resort is quiet and are usually very successful so the noisy comment comes as quite a surprise. The insufficient electric supply is actually incorrect as we have two substantial generators, each capable of powering the resort. When the power goes out one of them is turned on for as long as the main power remains off. I can only assume that you're not blaming us for the power outages when they are simply part of the experience when traveling in the developing world and entirely out of our control.

I'm sorry once again that you were so disappointed by your stay and wish you pleasant travels in the future.

Reviewed 3 January 2020

Me and my wife stayed at this hotel for two weeks, in that time we did not have hot water in room or did not have water at all, renovation was in progres so we had constant banging,terrible food...
The WORST THING is that general manager and my wife many emails in which gm promise refund, btw we paid 4168 e , at the end gm told us that they can offer us 250 e but EVEN THAT WE DID NOT RECIVE
DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL , IT IS FAR AWAY FROM 5 STAR HOTEL

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bogdanvidovic14
Reviewed 30 December 2019 via mobile

Great resort, great beach, great pools and great service. Loved our stay at this resort. Wonderful staff and service. The restaurant service was excellent with plenty of choices. The beach was super clean and the white, sugary sand was amazing.

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank travel4asa
GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2020

Thank you so much for your terrific review of Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort!

We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your vacation so much. Chef Richard and his team were particularly pleased that you had enjoyed the food and we all agree that the beach is beautiful!

Thank you once again for choosing Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort for your stay in Nungwi, we hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 December 2019 via mobile

Me, my husband and 2 couples of friends will arrive in this resort on the last day of 2019.
In this moment I am a little afraid of very bed reviews. I really hope to have an amaising vacation. Me and my husband booked an Ocean view suite.
I have some walking difficulties and I hope I will have a suite without too many stairs to climb. My agent wrote to the hotel. PLEASE DO NOT RUIN OUR VACATION. We alll work hard in tv series industry and we need to rest. I choose the place, and I really hope to avoid disappointments.
Many thanks in advance.
Ruxandra Ion and all the Romanian group

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank ruxandra2015
GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2019

Dear Ruxandra,

I'm not sure that this is the appropriate forum for your text, Trip Advisor is intended to be used after you have stayed. But we thank you for the anticipatory 5 stars and assure you we will do everything we can, as we do for every guest who stays with us, to ensure you have a great vacation. I hope that your travel agent explained that our beautiful Ocean Suites are at the very front of the property, about a 5 to 7 minute walk from reception. I will check to ensure that you have ground floor suites without stairs.

We look forward to welcoming you on the 31st and I trust that after your stay one of your travel companions will post the review of your terrific, relaxing vacation.