13 people are viewing this hotel
Priceline$320
Hotels.com$243
Trip.com$212
2,058 results
All reviews double bath the cliff main restaurant animation team huge room swim up bar ocean suite infinity pool buffet style our honeymoon stone town water aerobics all inclusive package hakuna matata evening entertainment general manager asante sana
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 January 2020 via mobile

A faking 5 stars, really expressing a 2stars services, not able to accomplish any problems such as air conditioning or insects in the rooms, noisy and dirty, insufficient for electric supply, food poor and always the same; many guests were suffering enteritis. A place to avoid

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
5  Thank alessandropJ5438QM
GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2020

Dear Alessandro,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay with us and that you didn't feel your concerns were addressed. While it's true that we occasionally have problems with the AC units, they are normally quickly addressed and we have never had a situation where a number of guests were suffering enteritis. We do everything that we can to ensure that the resort is quiet and are usually very successful so the noisy comment comes as quite a surprise. The insufficient electric supply is actually incorrect as we have two substantial generators, each capable of powering the resort. When the power goes out one of them is turned on for as long as the main power remains off. I can only assume that you're not blaming us for the power outages when they are simply part of the experience when traveling in the developing world and entirely out of our control.

I'm sorry once again that you were so disappointed by your stay and wish you pleasant travels in the future.

Reviewed 3 January 2020

Me and my wife stayed at this hotel for two weeks, in that time we did not have hot water in room or did not have water at all, renovation was in progres so we had constant banging,terrible food...
The WORST THING is that general manager and my wife many emails in which gm promise refund, btw we paid 4168 e , at the end gm told us that they can offer us 250 e but EVEN THAT WE DID NOT RECIVE
DO NOT GO TO THIS HOTEL , IT IS FAR AWAY FROM 5 STAR HOTEL

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank Bogdanvidovic14
Reviewed 30 December 2019 via mobile

Great resort, great beach, great pools and great service. Loved our stay at this resort. Wonderful staff and service. The restaurant service was excellent with plenty of choices. The beach was super clean and the white, sugary sand was amazing.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank travel4asa
GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2020

Thank you so much for your terrific review of Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort!

We're thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your vacation so much. Chef Richard and his team were particularly pleased that you had enjoyed the food and we all agree that the beach is beautiful!

Thank you once again for choosing Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort for your stay in Nungwi, we hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 December 2019 via mobile

Me, my husband and 2 couples of friends will arrive in this resort on the last day of 2019.
In this moment I am a little afraid of very bed reviews. I really hope to have an amaising vacation. Me and my husband booked an Ocean view suite.
I have some walking difficulties and I hope I will have a suite without too many stairs to climb. My agent wrote to the hotel. PLEASE DO NOT RUIN OUR VACATION. We alll work hard in tv series industry and we need to rest. I choose the place, and I really hope to avoid disappointments.
Many thanks in advance.
Ruxandra Ion and all the Romanian group

2  Thank ruxandra2015
GM-RZBR, General Manager at Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2019

Dear Ruxandra,

I'm not sure that this is the appropriate forum for your text, Trip Advisor is intended to be used after you have stayed. But we thank you for the anticipatory 5 stars and assure you we will do everything we can, as we do for every guest who stays with us, to ensure you have a great vacation. I hope that your travel agent explained that our beautiful Ocean Suites are at the very front of the property, about a 5 to 7 minute walk from reception. I will check to ensure that you have ground floor suites without stairs.

We look forward to welcoming you on the 31st and I trust that after your stay one of your travel companions will post the review of your terrific, relaxing vacation.

Reviewed 22 December 2019 via mobile

My husband and I spent a week at the Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort and we had a wonderfully, relaxing stay. We prearranged a transfer to the hotel with Nillam Tours and Safaris, the driver and guide were very friendly and gave us a warm welcome to Zanzibar. Apart from the odd bit of rain, the weather was perfect, sunny at around 28-30 degrees most days.

The hotel has a range of pools over different levels. Our favourite pool was the infinity pool that looked over the ocean. Nungwi beach is absolutely stunning, you really feel like you’re in paradise. The beach views are incredible and in my opinion, the beach is comparable to the Maldives. For me, as well as the location, the best thing about this hotel is the staff. From the barmen, to the waiters, waitresses, masseuses, security, groundsmen and animation team who all work incredibly hard and provide excellent service. Nothing is too much trouble. They are warm and friendly and they go above and beyond to make you feel welcome and comfortable. I’d like to mention a few individuals who really stood out; Ananda from the animation team, Nicolaus, Nicodem, Lightness, Isaiah, Emmanuel, Joseph and Sosthenes (to name but a few!) A huge thank you to the whole team at Royal.

During our stay we sampled the local beers (Serengeti, Sawa and Kilimanjaro) all were good. The white wine was very easy to drink as were the cocktails!! The food could be better but lots of effort was given to varying the setting of dinner. One night we ate on the beach, another night by the pool and another outside the restaurant. The service at mealtimes was excellent, your drinks always being topped up! I found myself eating quite a lot of pasta which was cooked up by Loris an Italian chef. The Cliff restaurant is a lovely spot for both lunch and dinner. For lunch I’d recommend the mozzarella sticks and fish and chips and for dinner the beef and lamb chops- all delicious and well presented!

Although we had a great time at the Royal I’d agree with some of the other reviews in that the hotel definitely feels more like a 4 star hotel, than a 5 star due to lacking a few finishing touches e.g not stocking the fridge in the room, shower was temperamental with regards to heat and pressure, beach towels provided were a bit worn out, food offered could be more varied.

All in all, a very relaxing holiday!

2  Thank okaysophy

Thank you so much for your very kind review of Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort!

It's such a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed so many things about the property, the beautiful pools, beach and views, the wine, beers and cocktails, the wonderful dinner settings and of course our amazing staff! I never cease to be proud of a team where guests feel the need to comment on every department including Security and the Gardening staff, they really are a very special group! Ananda, Nicolaus, Nicodem, Lightness, Isaiah, Emmanuel, Joseph and Sosthenes were all so happy to be mentioned individually, as was Loris.

I am sorry that you found a few items lacking but very much appreciate that you told us why the rating of 4 instead of 5. We are talking about ways that we could stock the fridges in the rooms, no promises but we have some plans to try. I'm sorry about the heat and pressure in the shower, we thought this one was better but obviously need to keep working on it. The beach towels must have arrived just after you left, unfortunately the shipment had been delayed by several months. They have been put out now and I trust you would find them to be in much better condition. Lastly the food, we have hired a new Executive Chef and have a lot of confidence in his ability to find menus that appeal to the widest range of tastes possible and that are varied enough to keep mealtimes interesting.

Thank you once again for choosing Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort for your stay in Nungwi. We look forward to welcoming you back and will be working to ensure that you will find those lacking items all sorted out.