“Great view, Beautiful room, Wonderful Staff - memorable stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Edgewater
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Wanaka
Melbourne, Australia
“Great view, Beautiful room, Wonderful Staff - memorable stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I only have 2 regrets from my trip to Queenstown and Wanaka - My first regret is that I could not skydive due to weather conditions and my second regret is not having spent more time at Edgewater and Lake Wanaka. It is one of the best resorts I have been to and I had a truly memorable time from check in to check out, it all went smoothly.
I loved my room - cosy with bright colors, beautiful and comfy bed, floorboards in the bathroom and the non-slippery mat & flashlight provided were very thoughtful.
You walk into the room and you get a welcoming feeling with the door open and the radio on. There is also a fan in case it gets too warm. The paper at your doorstep in the morning is also a nice touch.
The view of Lake Wanaka from my balcony was stunning. It made you want to grab a seat, grab a book, put some Gotye on and lose yourself in the novel for hours lifting your head once in a while to admire the view.
The staff were great - really friendly, helpful and always up for a chat. Edgewater is about 15 mins walk to town so it's not too close but you get to walk along Lake Wanaka so I was happy with that. It is also great for jogging and runs.
I loved the fold out map that comes with your room key upon check in!
Edgewater offers the option between a full or continental breakfast. You have to try their award winning scone with whipped cream - delicious.
I loved everything about the hotel and had a wonderful and relaxing time. I will definitely stay there when I return next year.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Kevin S
Edgewater_Resort, Public Relations Manager at Edgewater, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Dear Kevin,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience of staying at Edgewater. I am pleased you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and had the chance to sample our award winning scones! We look forward to welcoming you back again next year.

Sarah
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Manorville, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

We stayed at this high level resort for two consecutive years.Everything was to our satisfaction.At 300 -350nz dollars per night I hoped for free internet.This was not the case.The service staff was helpful and very friendly.

Room Tip: A must: rooms facing the lake
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for sharing your experience of staying at Edgewater and I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. In response to your feedback we do offer a free internet service at our lobby internet kiosk. Sorry if you were not advised of this at check in. We are currently working with our internet service provider to look at providing an introductory internet service in room.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

Readonably modern, clean and good service (staff are a good blend of tourists / locals). Depending on the room, the view is lake / mountain and is incredible. Winter is awesome and laying on the grass in summer by the lake is equally stunning, good running track along lake from resort too. Close to Wanaka as well. Well worth a look! Food is awesome, always a top chef on board and the food is a reflection of this. I'm a business traveller and they have always made me feel welcome.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of staying at Edgewater. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next business trip to Wanaka.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

This is a senstational spot to take in the beauty of lake wanaka and the amazing mountain scenery. The restaurant is excellent with a great menu, friendly attentive service and superb views across the lake.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Paul,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience of staying at Edgewater. I am pleased you had a wonderful stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again one day soon.

Farnham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

This is a nice hotel with a good location and very nice suites, I can sympathise with 'bearsfolks' review tho', I was probably at the party this reviewer talks about, and have to say I would have been a bit fed up if I hadn't been at the party.
Food was ok, Bar Staff very nice although did find the reception staff not so great,
If this was my Hotel I would definitely change the facade of the hotel blocks as you drive in, they look like Butlins in the 60's with these HUGE numbers on each block.
Only other downside is the hotel is rather isolated, it is a long walk to a bar/restaurant or shop.

Room Tip: The suites are definitely worth the extra
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Edgewater_Resort, Public Relations Manager at Edgewater, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Dear Stephen,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your visit to Edgewater. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do have quite large numbers on our accommodation wings which we chose to make it easier for guests to find their way around.

The 15 minute stroll along the lakefront and through the poplars into the heart of Wanaka is enjoyed by our guests and it is only a few minutes drive via road. Edgewater’s lakefront location provides a tranquil, yet accessible haven for our guests (many of whom come from large cities) within easy reach of the boutique town of Wanaka.