4,048 results
All reviews waitui beach club salt restaurant lagoon restaurant breeze bar accor card luxury room family room pool aerobics bula bus kids club buffet breakfast happy hour port denarau great pool large pool new zealand ocean view
Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

We aren’t disappointed with our choice to stay here at the Sofitel but there are components of the resort that have us questioning the value. The bathroom?? We stayed in room 377 and it certainly isn’t luxury level and in need of serious make over. It actually lets down the room when it comes to value for money. Our bathroom pretty much gets flooded with water every time we shower. We had a major leak in the shower and staff were superb when it came to rectifying that problem. The rooms are quite small. We were sharing with my adult daughter and it was just big enough for the three of us. Gentleman at the welcome desk were excellent but we found some of the ladies at the convenience store and at the restaurants were a little abrupt at times. On a whole I would still rate the resort as excellent.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Vincent M, Manager at Sofitel Fiji Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Bula Maree M

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please allow me to express our sincerest apologies for the bathroom experience not being as expected. Our major renovation plans are in progress for next year. I have passed the message to the shop manager which are sub-contracted company regarding staff attitude. However, we are pleased to read that overall you were happy with your choice and had a good time with excellent welcoming staffs.

We surely look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Vinaka
Sofitel Management

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

After being here three days the staff at the adults club are amazing very friendly and obliging the gym is awesome right beside pool I’m here for my birthday and have received bubbly by Julie at front staff and cake pool guys and ladies are great i would say do not have a look at rooms before you stay there are three of us in one very small room it has two queen beds and no room at all they a very tired looking and pokey so for comfort in your room that is not happening spend most of your time at the adults club and you will enjoy

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

Large resort located quite close to Nadi airport in good complex
of several other resorts.

Has all you'd expect from a upscale beachfront resort but rooms and facilities are in need of a refresh, looking quite dated.

Greatest disappointment was quality of dining. Restaurants all in need of a refresh and food quality was OK at best.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 December 2017

Where do I start? So many things that got me on the wrong foot about this resort. At check-in I was told to pre-pay my accommodation. I said 'no thanks I'll pay when I leave like I do at other hotels.' My first 5 minutes at the resort and I was being told what to do. 'No Mr John you must pay up-front.' If I wanted to pre-pay I would've paid the cheaper online pre-pay price.
So pay up front I did.Then they overcharged me by FJD200.00. I questioned the overcharge. 'Oh this is for incidentals like beverages at the bar.' So they ended up taking more than the invoice. OK this must be a Fiji thing, I thought.
I get to my room - whats called an Ocean View luxury room. It smells musty as I'm on the ground floor - Tip one - make sure you have a room on level 2 or 3. I asked reception to change rooms but they didnt understand why I wanted to change rooms. The bathroom by the way is anything but luxury. In fact it's 2 star. its small, smelly and dirty and in desperate need of a renovation. The room is OK but I wouldn't call it Luxury. My room faced the Day Spa...no Ocean View.
The pool is ok and yes is surrounded by children spitting into the water - yes that happened frequently. So you have to pay to go to the Adults only area. Hilton lets you go to the Adults only pool for FREE.
I pre-paid for one dinner via the ACCOR website - DO NOT USE THIS OPTION. The staff have no idea where you can use the voucher. 3 people gave me 3 different answers. In the end I had to go to the Buffet Dinner which admittedly was good food.
This resort is showing its age, I am NOT staying here again. I could've stayed at The Hilton for less but I thought that I'd keep my allegiances with ACCOR - not anymore - they've lost me as a customer.
This resort has a new GM - Vincent - a lovely chap. If he's reading this he knows that his resort has many issues.If he's a good GM he'll do something about this.
Oh and last thing....Housekeeping always made my room at 4pm. After I had to call to get it done. Theres Fiji time and then theres Sofitel Fiji time. Mix the two together and you get an expensive resort not worthy of my custom ever again.

Room Tip: Dont get a room on level one.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Great place for kids average place for couples.
One main pool which is swarmed by kids.
Unless you want to pay $90FJD to swim in the adults pool which is ridiculous.
The beach is terrible no on one swims there.
Food and drink is average priced but nothing special.
Staff are accommodating. I wouldn’t come to Fiji to purely stay here. I would use this place as a stop of for a night before transferring to an island. The islands have much nicer beaches but do come with a hefty price tag.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple