“Dining in Paradise”
Review of moo moo wine bar & grill - CLOSED

moo moo wine bar & grill
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 December 2012

This was a elegant dining experience at Denarau. Unlike our experience at the Bonefish Restaurant, the fish in our dishes prepared at Moo Moo's were perfectly prepared: tender and flavorful and the sauces were excellent .It is hard to beat an evening with a gentle tropical breeze, the fresh ocean air, gracious service, and dishes thoughtfully prepared, and a good wine list. We had a lovely time and we are looking forward to returning.

Moo Moo wine bar and grill lends itself to casual and romantic dining. It is a tad expensive, but really what do you expect in Denarau? We would rather pay more and have consistently good meals that are thoughtfully prepared. Our friends who are Denarau residents recommended Moo Moo Wine Bar and Grill because it it one of the most consistent restaurants in service and dining experience.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

My husband and I went here last time we were in Fiji (4 years ago) and it was ok, but this time when we took our family we were very embarrassed.

The service was extremely slow, to the point of asking repeatedly for both drinks and food. We watched other tables receive food before us (having ordered after) and others waiting longer than us. For 1 course we were there for almost 2 hours, waiting 10 mins to order, 20 mins for wine and 45 mins between ordering and food, and another 10 mins for the bill.

The food I ordered was ok, but my sister-in-law's risotto was terribly bland, needing chilli and pepper. My husbands food was tasty but tiny and the only happy party was mother in law with prawns.

In addition for 4 meals and wine it was over $300 FJD!!

Reviewed 20 November 2012

The food at this place is fantastic but it was very pricey. we ate there twice and on the last night it was FJ$375 for the two of us with only 2 drinks each and a set menu (it was a public holiday so another 10% was added). be aware that westin adds the 20% on top of all prices while the sofitel includes it in their prices.

Reviewed 10 November 2012 via mobile

Again, a really average, uneventful, over priced, oily vegetables, sloppy display on the plate restaurant. It's such ashame that with just a bit more effort, selection of quality produce and flair, this could be something you walk away from feeling good not ripped off.

Reviewed 9 November 2012

Service was wonderful, but the food was marginal at best. I had a tuna that was a bit tough, but flavour of sauces was good. My husband had the chili crab but ended up being ill from the experience. Not sure what was wrong as I ate some and did not get sick. So not sure if there was something that he was allergic to.

This is a steak restaurant, so I am sure it is a better offering than seafood. I do not eat meat, and my husband is not a fan of Australian beef. If you fall under this category like us, you may want to skip this restaurant.