Jacob Taylor Beach, Fishing Village, Craft Market
Review Highlights
Heavy Tides

The beach surrounding was clean and people friend. It was a windy day and encountered a lot of... read more

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Bradford, United Kingdom

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Falmouth
from US$ 99.00
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 October 2018

I met some good folks down here. There are shops and a few bars in this particular area that has good drinks and food. The shops have beautiful carvings and they can pretty much make you anything that you want! In the mornings, its neat to watch the fisherman come in with what they caught! When I was visiting last month they caught some lobster and squid and just gave them to us! One of my friends that I met there made a fire right in front of the beach and cooked it all over a fire. It was delicious! this is my third time visiting this year! I actually live in NC! I'll be back soon!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Was a great experience, my parents were there 18yrs ago and met this young Jamaican man who carved a beautiful sea #huge out of wood and many more things for us this year. Omar Junior is a tremendous wood carver if you have the opportunity to go to fishermans villige/jacob taylor beach outside of silver sands he is a briallint artist. #getsomewood

Reviewed 9 May 2017

The beach surrounding was clean and people friend. It was a windy day and encountered a lot of waves.

1  Thank CurryGoatMan
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Someone needs to take a good look at this venue. It is rundown and not cared for. A complete waste to time to visit. I am not sure it should be offered as a national treasure as it only reflects the locals not taking control of their environment and not showing off their potential. It was embarrassing to visit. We didn't even leave the taxi. Please someone help them to revive this place.

2  Thank Janet152
Reviewed 27 October 2016

I've read the other reviews and am perplexed, because they don't accurately describe what I just experienced (October 2016). The beach is not that pretty, nor is the sand. The views are amazing if you look out into the sea but nowhere else. There are no amenities (no bathrooms, chairs, umbrellas, etc.). There is a shack that sells limited food selections and cold beer and water. But it is a shack. And a drug deal went down right next to my teenage son at the counter where you can eat. It is dirty. There are vagrants around. The food wasn't great - fried chicken and rice with a couple of beans in it. And there's no menu - you just get whatever they made that day. I had to really lower my standards here, because my kids and I were hungry. It is cheap, at least, but you get what you pay for. Also, the water is kind of clear, but there are absolutely no fish to see if you snorkel. And there are a lot of rocks on the ocean floor that hurt if you're not wearing water shoes.

2  Thank robyncpr
Reviewed 11 September 2016

Never miss Fisherman's Beach when we're at Silver Sands! Always make a night of it at LeRoys, food and beer at Julets too. I have a wood carving from almost everyone here. The people are the best and happy to call them my friends!

Reviewed 25 August 2016

great to drive to and go for a walk/wander. Couple of local bars with local food, meet the locals midweek. Bit busier at weekends. Very laid back and its free!

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

The beaches small and quiet secluded a great place to go and think. There were a few vendors that didn't hand you just had what they had for sale. A little shop with snacks. And a small Beach with White Sands.

Large green grass area that children played soccer and some of the locals joined in it was a great day

Reviewed 27 November 2015

I don't know what happened to to this little "village", but there was nothing there!! I read all the very positive reviews and we decided we would skip shore excursions and go directly to Jacob Taylor Beach for the day. BIG MISTAKE! We knew we were in the right place from the picture posted here. But no people - save for a couple of very suspicious characters who just starred at our group on the on the van; no shops; no fisherman; no artisans and no-way! Our driver got out to scope out area but quickly returned saying "were getting out of here, now." We were in total agreement! What a wasted day!!!

7  Thank David D
Reviewed 13 November 2014

This is a place where you can buy authentic Jamaican art. Buy fresh fish party ay Leroys go swimming at the beach or just meet some nice people.

5  Thank Cynthia D