“Don't go to this free public beach”

Jacob Taylor Beach, Fishing Village, Craft Market
Ranked #28 of 40 things to do in Falmouth
Reviewed 27 October 2016

I've read the other reviews and am perplexed, because they don't accurately describe what I just experienced (October 2016). The beach is not that pretty, nor is the sand. The views are amazing if you look out into the sea but nowhere else. There are no amenities (no bathrooms, chairs, umbrellas, etc.). There is a shack that sells limited food selections and cold beer and water. But it is a shack. And a drug deal went down right next to my teenage son at the counter where you can eat. It is dirty. There are vagrants around. The food wasn't great - fried chicken and rice with a couple of beans in it. And there's no menu - you just get whatever they made that day. I had to really lower my standards here, because my kids and I were hungry. It is cheap, at least, but you get what you pay for. Also, the water is kind of clear, but there are absolutely no fish to see if you snorkel. And there are a lot of rocks on the ocean floor that hurt if you're not wearing water shoes.

2  Thank robyncpr

Reviewed 11 September 2016

Never miss Fisherman's Beach when we're at Silver Sands! Always make a night of it at LeRoys, food and beer at Julets too. I have a wood carving from almost everyone here. The people are the best and happy to call them my friends!

Reviewed 25 August 2016

great to drive to and go for a walk/wander. Couple of local bars with local food, meet the locals midweek. Bit busier at weekends. Very laid back and its free!

Reviewed 30 July 2016 via mobile

The beaches small and quiet secluded a great place to go and think. There were a few vendors that didn't hand you just had what they had for sale. A little shop with snacks. And a small Beach with White Sands.

Large green grass area that children played soccer and some of the locals joined in it was a great day

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 November 2015

I don't know what happened to to this little "village", but there was nothing there!! I read all the very positive reviews and we decided we would skip shore excursions and go directly to Jacob Taylor Beach for the day. BIG MISTAKE! We knew we were in the right place from the picture posted here. But no people - save for a couple of very suspicious characters who just starred at our group on the on the van; no shops; no fisherman; no artisans and no-way! Our driver got out to scope out area but quickly returned saying "were getting out of here, now." We were in total agreement! What a wasted day!!!

7  Thank David D