“Friendly community”

Jacob Taylor Beach, Fishing Village, Craft Market
Ranked #28 of 40 things to do in Falmouth
Reviewed 13 November 2014

This is a place where you can buy authentic Jamaican art. Buy fresh fish party ay Leroys go swimming at the beach or just meet some nice people.

5  Thank Cynthia D

Reviewed 8 November 2014

We went to this location in January with COURTNEY TAYLOR TOURS and found his service to be exceptional. He provided 11 of us with chairs and a very secluded beach area a short distance from Jacob Taylor Beach. I think the locals called it Duncans Bay. When we were returning to this area in October I again contacted Courtney Taylor Tours. I also listed the tour info with cruise critic and got 20 other people to join us. Courtney took their names and added a larger van for our comfort. He provided shuttle service from the beach back to the ship mid way through the day if some wanted to leave early. He had lounge chairs waiting along the beach for us. He also bought snacks, water, local beer in a cooler to sell to us. He stayed with us the entire time. He was pleasant working with him prior to the tour and pleasant during the tour. Our cruise ship docked later than we expected but his driver was waiting for us with a smile. It was a perfect day and having Courtney actually meet us on the beach and hang out there with us was a pleasure for us. I would use his tour service anytime in Jamaica. He would take any tour from Falmouth to many great areas, but we wanted to remain close to the port and we just wanted a private area to enjoy the beautiful sunshine and the beautiful beach. An added plus is by Jacob Taylor Beach, a short 2 minute walk there are 2 restaurants that serve authentic Jamaican food, for $5. We loved the rice and beans( they call it peas) with the coconut milk and chicken. It was delightful. We also had some people from the craft market working right near us. Many people bought Jamaican trinkets from them. The day on this beach was wonderful and working with Courtney Taylor tours proved easy. His communication before the tour via emails were great.

17  Thank Gr82cruise
Reviewed 19 March 2014

The beach is good and i did have fun swimming but there could be more to it. Just didn't enjoy it that much like i enjoy other beach.

4  Thank sexysammie
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is my all time favorite place to shop when I go to Silver Sands I always go over and see everyone, just sit and chat with them to catch up. They are so kind and generous. They never hassle you on trying to buy something. They let you go in and look around answer any of your questions. They are truly gems. You will not find anywhere in my opinion any better wood carvers then Walt or anyone else there. I wish I had the picture to show you the beautiful bowl that Walt made for me on my last visit. It is a one of a kind. He can make anything and I do mean anything. All you have to do is ask him. Everyone there is great. So if you get the chance go buy and take a look for yourself. They will put a smile on your face for sure. I'm planning my trip now so I will be over there to see everyone very soon. Miss everyone.

9  Thank stone123
See more reviews
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Just back from 2 weeks at Silver Sands, Duncan's Bay, Trelawny Parish, Jamaica. I spent a lot of time at the "Fisherman's beach", visiting the people and watching the craftsmen at work. I even went down early one morning and watched the fishermen heading out. If you are at Silver Sands make sure you take some time to meet these people and spend some money on crafts. Search carefully and you will find something charming to bring home. We watched Walton work on a large cedar bowl the whole time we were there, and we bought it from him on the last day. Also, necklaces from Nash, carvings from Puty I love it!
Go down and meet Chucky, Nash, Fureus, Dawn, Jennifer, Walton, Keith, Cheryl, Puty, Hank, Deron and all the others. You will be meeting the real Jamaica and I am sure if you take the time you WILL feel the love!

8  Thank jayPod