“Love me two times, baby”

N-Resort All Inclusive For Adults
Ottawa, Canada
“Love me two times, baby”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This was our second trip to N-Resort, and our 14th trip to Jamaica. Here's a link to our review from September: http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g612473-d149865-r118363291-N_Resort_All_Inclusive_for_adults-Falmouth_Jamaica.html

So, if you read that one, you'll get our general impression, which hasn't changed.

There were more people this time (40 rather than 12), and they were all nice enough. But we don't go to resorts for the other people. Or the buffet. They have both of those things back home.

We were treated like royalty upon our return (this place knows how to treat repeaters, let me tell you). We wanted exactly the same room we had last time (#125, the best room in the place, right on the water, on a corner, the exact right distance from everything), and we got the same room, despite the fact that they had some work planned for that block. They changed their plans. Michael, the front desk manager, recognized us immediately, and said something like, "Oh, I didn't realize it was you guys, don't worry, I'll get your room for you." Nice.

The water pressure in the shower is still a bit iffy, and there are signs of ongoing repair here and there. As well as things that need repair here and there. As others have said, it's not a 5-star resort, so don't expect one. But the location is stellar, the beach is great, the staff is outstanding, the food is good and varied (some complain that there's not enough or enough variety or whatever; I've had way worse and way less in places that purport to be way more; I have no complaints).

I find interesting the folks that talk about what *other* people are wearing or not wearing, and concluding that, as a result, the place is one thing or another. "Clothing optional, but neither all nude or naturist" and then some talk about restrictions here and there. My observations were that people did exactly what they were comfortable with, no more and no less. At lunch, some people had clothes, some people had towels, some people had bums. And it was all good. I certainly don't expect anyone to dictate or suggest to me what I might find comfortable, and I appreciate the flexibility. I do know that if I (or anyone else) wanted to be naked every moment, that would certainly be accommodated. I saw one couple at the dinner restaurant (where they encourage some clothes) seated at a lovely table just outside the dining area enjoying dinner and the stars in their altogether now.

Freddie DePass, the General Manager, is attentive and seems very dedicated to making the place succeed. Clearly that occasionally involves hard decisions, as there was quite a bit of turnover in the "lower echelon" staff since our last visit 6 months ago. Stories from others around and outside the resort are mixed in this regard, some talking about very low wage conditions, others talking about natural attrition. I think the truth is somewhere in between, but I will tell you that the staff here is better than any other resort I have stayed in (Jamaica or elsewhere) and so either the conditions are okay and they are happy (unhappy staff generally can't hide it), or the job market is such that any job, even a miserable one, makes them happy. I hope they are treated fairly; those that I talked to specifically about their work conditions (and I talked to several) seemed pleased to have the job, and ranked it above many other options they have available. But who knows, right?

So, bottom line again: great place, great staff, great location, not a 5-star so know that going in. Great beach, love the nudity, kayaking through the waves was great fun. We will absolutely be back. Probably in November. Anybody else going then? :^)

Room Tip: 125. But not when we're there. :^)
11 Thank John C
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We booked at N with moderate expectations, but given the value compared to other nudists resorts, and other reviews, we tempered our expectations. Our room was quaint, and we had no problems except for inconsistent water pressure and temp. The food was good and plentiful for us. The staff are the shining stars of this resort! They will go out of their way for any guests! Jamaican law requires cover-ups for dinner-we just wrapped a towel around us..and quite frankly spent all our other time bare! Bring insect repellant, there are flea-like things. The pool area was active, but we mostly relaxed along the beach...this is a very easygoing place...an excellent value compared to other nude resorts, and probably the best staff we ever experienced at any resort!

4 Thank Howard J
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 March 2012

N Resort is a lovely spot, close to MoBay airport. The welcoming staff, clean rooms and grounds make for a pleasant stay. During our time there, occupancy was low, max 40, minimum 20, but the entertainment staff worked consistently hard to offer a variety of poolside activities as well as around the resort. Since we did not engage in any of these, I can't comment on quality.
I concur with many of the comments already made, and in speaking with other guests, it's clear that we have different needs. For some, t.v. is a priority, for others reasonable wifi, and for many, the food. Snorkelers were confused at the response given as to why no boat trip was being offered; perhaps one of them will post concerns. There are a few points that I'll make.
First and foremost, it is NOT a naturist resort; any place that requires textiles on the property cannot make that claim. Nor is it clothing optional for that same reason.
Second, and further to the above, the information sheets we were given indicated that food would be available at the beach bar and grill (textile free) from morning till late evening. That was not the case, as there was nothing available once the dinner venue (textile required) was open. So, clothing optional and naturist vs cover up required is a contradiction.
These next are minor, but I do think worth mentioning as others have spoken of the need for some attention. I understand that the resort has been adult only for at least a year, yet the property signs mentioning children remain. The red flag on one side of the beach flew at the same time as the yellow one on the other while the water was equally wavy or calm. One honest young man sheepishly agreed that someone had not been doing their duty.
We have a family reason for going back to Jamaica, and we would stay again at N, knowing the parameters and that our naturism would have some restrictions. It was a lovely, quiet spot for reading and writing, the staff, although spoken to quite rudely by the manager, keep a smile on their faces, and are truly warm, lovely people.
By the way, NO photography is permitted, not even with a security guard in attendance, so I cannot add pictures.

Room Tip: Block 7, oceanfront rooms, second floor are lovely.
8 Thank piratepirate
Columbia, CT
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We arrived on March 8th and were immediately impressed with the facility. We were greeted by Freddie, the GM, in the lobby and shown directly to our room in Block 10, right on the waters edge overlooking the beautiful ocean. From the start, we can't say enough about the staff and the quick response to any concern you might have, regardless of the situation. This was our first visit to the resort and won't be our last. We were joined by 3 other couples on Saturday and had nothing but sunshine and warmth for the next 7 days. It was windy for the most part during the daylight hours, but in the evening the wind died down and it was just beautiful either sitting on the beach or out on our veranda.
Like most of the other reports, you just can't say enough about the staff here. They really do go out of their way to make sure you're happy and satisfied. The count ranged from somewhere between 20 couples up to as many as 40+ couples and we didn't hear any negative comments from anyone, other than about the temperature of the showers; the pressure and temp don't remain very constant even though there is plenty of water to go around. You just get used to it and let it run for a while and all will be OK.
The food was a lot better than we had anticipated, even though all of the previous comments rave about the food quality. It really was pretty good for the most part and we all though the serving size was perfect considering all of the other appetizers and deserts that go along with the meal. We're spoiled as Americans with the portions we now receive when at home. The Italian restaurant was very good, the beach bar food in the afternoon also very good with a very large selection to choose from, as well as the salad bar.
About the only negative we could find would be the drink selection at the bars; nothing real fancy like you would expect and everything is served in the same size small plastic glasses. If you go, bring your own large drink containers and it will go much better. Another thing we would like to see is ceiling fans in the rooms as it's not really necessary for the A/C to be running at night, but the breeze from the fans would be great.
They do have noseeums in the late evening and some people complained about the bites, but being directly on the water as we were, this was not the case.
If you're looking for a great nude resort, this place has it all with none of the unnecessary frills to jack up the price. Pool, water slide, beach and staff is what makes this place a real find.

Room Tip: Get a beachfront room, preferably in Block 10 for a great experience, especially on the second floor...
9 Thank sunnycpl
toronto, ontario
Reviewed 25 March 2012

You first have to understand that this is a 3 star resort, which means that the rooms, restaurant areas, etc. are mid-level. Understanding that, there's a good possibility that you'll be happy with the resort.

The staff are exceptional. The food is actually better than you would normally get at a 3 star resort. Hats off to chef Martin. The beach is wonderful, soft sand and no trouble getting chairs although the resort only had about 40 people so I would expect that there would be problems when there are more people at the resort. The water is fairly warm and pretty shallow. A few rocks but not a big issue....just be careful.

You can tell from their photos, the rooms are dated and what I would call rustic but very clean. We had a room with a balcony facing the water, which was wonderful. The a/c works well, the tv is very old and the reception is terrible and should be upgraded. I'm one of those people that like to relax at certain times and watch a little tv. The internet service in the room is spotty but I did get it going. Most other guests could not get access, which I think in this day and age is totally ridiculous. However they do have a computer in the reception area for use by guests and it does work fairly well. The pool is large, with lots of chairs around but not many umbrellas. There are shady spots but you'll have to move around if you want to have shade all day. There are 2 hot tubs around the pool and each hot tub appears to be emptied, cleaned and refilled each day.

The biggest disappointment was the restaurants. The food was ok, but the facilties really need work.

We may go back but not until they upgrade some of their facilities.

Room Tip: try to get a room facing the water and on the second floor.
3 Thank ab0000
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
0.0 km away
Secrets St. James Montego Bay
#11 of 63 in Montego Bay
16.7 km away
Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall

Been to N-Resort All Inclusive For Adults? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK