“Awesome food and great beach!!!”
Review of Time 'n Place

Time 'n Place
Ranked #18 of 24 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Nashville, Tennessee
“Awesome food and great beach!!!”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Tony took care of us when we stopped by after our excursion. They're on island time so there wasn't a huge rush on getting the food but it was fantastic once we received it. My fiance and I both had the shrimp. This was served with rice, peas, and slaw. Very delicious! The view and the beach there is awesome! You wouldn't know this place would be so amazing from the road that you take to get there. A real authentic Jamaican experience for us!!!

1 Thank Donnie S
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Orlando, FL
“wasn't expecting this”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We were returning from a cruise excursion and stopped here on recommendation from other passengers. I was skeptical when we arrived, as it didn't look like much. After passing by the rusted out cars and half-finished wooden barn, the beach opened up and revealed crystal clear, turquoise water and gentle ocean breezes. There was a $10/pp fee for use of the beach (probably negotiable) and a small bar-restaurant on the beach. I Enjoyed the jerk chicken and a red stripe. very tasty! Others said the coconut shrimp was also good. We kicked back on the chairs provided and listened to a sampling of beach music. I all, an unexpedted post-apocolyptic papradise. bring cash, and come to relax.

3 Thank BBOrlando
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Digs, Great Dogs”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We have been to Falmouth twice (14 times to Jamaica), and both times stayed at N-Resort. Next door to N-Resort (just past the security guard and through the fence) is a little gem called Time 'n Place, run by Tony and his 4 dogs. Well, just by Tony. He, on the other hand, is run by his 4 dogs.

So we're at an all-inclusive, free beer, free food, nude beach, loads of facilities. And yet we spent a lot of our time over at Tony's, playing with his dogs (4 little sweethearts named Archer, Coconut, Spot, and Curly), drinking his beer (and paying for it), and eating his lobster one night.

Every morning after breakfast at N, Mary (my wife) would smuggle a few sausages over to the puppies, who would great her with tails wagging, sitting politely. After their snack, Mary would go running down the beach and the whole pack of them would follow, bounding over each other, going for swims, sniffing out the crabs along the way, and generally living the life of Riley.

Tony's place is not just a restaurant, but a lovely mini-resort all its own. With individual cabins, including two spectacular huts on stilts that overlook the water (the Love Nest and the Bird's Nest), it's a small piece of paradise. We've not stayed in one of Tony's rooms yet (we were at N), but we definitely will. In fact, we will be returning to N (a naturist resort) and bringing my Stepdad. Since I have no interest in seeing my Stepdad nekkid, he'll stay at Tony's.

And it's not just the place. Tony himself is a little piece of Jamaica, with his stories of life and running Time 'n Place for more than 20 years. And his bartender Bingy is a gentle soul with a love of music and a smile that doesn't quit.

Want a lovely beach, some cold beer, a good meal, and great company? Chill out at Time 'n Place.

4 Thank John C
Charlotte, North Carolina
“A little slice of rustic Caribbean paradise!”
Reviewed 22 March 2012

We decided to go to Time n Place when we were on a cruise to escape the 5000 passengers. We were not sure what to expect. We went to the pick up spot at the port and were happily greeted. Only 4 other people from the cruise were there. Since we were among the first to arrive and the guests were just waking up, we helped rake the seaweed on the beach. The place is very rustic. Tony built just about everything himself. We felt like we were just hanging out at a friend's beach cottage. It is not a place to go of you want the latest amenities or things to occupy you with besides the surf and the sand. Tony will make you the most delicious fresh pineapple daquaris and jerk chicken. He will chat with you and play dominos. This is a place to see what the Caribbean was like before the all inclusives and mega resorts took over. We did go to the cave. It was spectacular but I must warn, it is scary getting in. The hole in the ground is very small. But the mineral pool lit by candles is something that cannot be explained. There is a time to expect and demand luxury. And then there is a time to be one with nature and forget about all of the troubles that technology brings to our world. I don't think I could tune out for more than a few days. We plan to go back and stay for a long weekend to truly recharge. If you are adventurous and prefer authentic experiences and tranquility over created ambiance, give Time n Place a chance.

3 Thank clu13
Dunedin, Florida
“I had so much fun in the Ocean and with Massage, I did not have time to eat”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

I just returned from the cruise to Falmouth. I do not like the excur$ions run by the crui$e$, too programmed. This is a wonderful beach; great sand, good snorkeling, nice folks, completely undeveloped. They have pickup and return, but make adjustments for the time difference from ship time to Jamaican time. Bring a large beach towel as the sandy beach is more comfortable than the wood beach loungers. The water is clear, the coral is nice, the breeze is outstanding as is the sound of the surf. Note that naked people walk by from time to time; perhaps to help me better appreciate by own body image. This was an excellent adventure which I recommend with a smile;). They even have wifi, they say, which I was not able to access in the couple minutes I tried on my iPad.