Retreat Guesthouse Luxury Suites
US$ 416
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 733/night.

US$ 1,125
US$ 832
bedfinder
Mangos Jamaica(Falmouth)
US$ 294
US$ 245
Agoda.com
All reviewsguest housejamaican breakfastmontego bayglistening watersquiet locationhome away from homescreened windowsbreakfast was excellentfried plantainsshuttle servicegreat jamaicanackee and saltfishfood was amazingno hot waterjoycekenocloset
Reviewed 30 December 2015

This Beautiful Property is located in a very quiet area of Falmouth. I must say my stay at the Retreat guest house was on point and impeccable. My family and i had been staying at another guest house that wasn't half as amazing as this one. Although i only stayed for 1 day it was a most charming stay. The young man who greeted us coming in was truly a gentle man and beyond charming. The room we stayed in was the honey moon Suit and it was beautiful. The grounds we am,amazing with cool amenities like the bar, Pool, Outdoor pool to choose from. The morning of check out we had home made breakfast by the ground Head lady and boy was it amazing. The service, the Area, The grounds, The people ,were truly amazing and i am so happy i found this little home away from home. Thanks again and see you very soon.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 November 2015

This property is lovely and a good time can be had, if the proprietor is away. The treatment received by my group was really repulsive. Issues with meals portions, time to be served, paying extra money to turn a/c on in the rooms, what time to lock off lights in public areas, not having security guard open the gate from the property. Managment should try never to engage in an openly telling off of the guests. The Retreat Guesthouse experience was a horrible one for my group.

Room Tip: You will have to pay extra $50 per night to have a/c in your room, one room was not used as there were issues with the bed.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank charmsbk
JoyceGrant1, Manager at Retreat Guesthouse Luxury Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2015

Regarding ( nice property, no so nice proprietor) i am in complete shock and amaze at this review, i just want to say i been running this little guest house for a while now and some nice things said about me and some not so nice, However this one i have been working to help their needs and their budget form about 3 months before arrival. it was amazing to know that they got the rooms because of the lent off time to reserve these rooms backwords and forwards . however they did, i have given my luxury sutie my honey moon suite and two standard rooms for 100usd per night, the luxury and honey moon suite on my website were 150Usd for double occupancy at that season time. however i have gave it for 100USd they had 4 people in the rooms for the cost of 100Usd. no exrea cost for the other 2 person in the room, i send them an email before they came that if they need the AC in the 2 rooms it would cost $50usd for the AC. however they didnt pay $50 for the AC they paid $30 because of the budget. regarding Dinner in the evening we serve them a buffet dinner consist of ( jerk chicken, Jamaica style Fish, rice & peas pasta ,cold sla salad, and fruit Juice i can tell you they went back for seconds!!!) ,and a buffet breakfast in the morning consist of ( fry plantain, ackee& saltfish, callaloo& saltfish, Fry dumplin, harddough, bread Fresh Fruit and fruit Juice tea and coffee , the group were a team off runner and were not sure what time they would arrive back for breakfast, they leave a 5am in the morning and security and I was there to seee them off at 5 am. they came back 8:00am. it took us 10 minutes to set up the buffet, while some was having there shower still to say we were late for breakfast that was not true and also to say there was no one there to open the gate was not true, i know i have a responsblity to ensure my guest is been taking care off, they were swimming, playing pool in the bar area they exercise in the excerise room, to say lights was off that was not true . i just had to put this in wrriting, Best regards Retreat Guest House.

Reviewed 21 October 2015

Stayed at the property with a group of friends (about 10) - 2 per room. Our room was large and very spacious and everything looked in place but there was no AC. One of the beds had some tiny insects in between the sheets so my roommate could not sleep in it. Breakfast was a disaster. The food prepared was not sufficient for the group. But the worst thing about it is as one of the helpers was bringing out more food for the group, the lady manager of the property actually yelled at her to take it back to the kitchen. And did I mention she was watching each and everyone as we served ourselves at the buffet table from the corner of her office which had tinted windows...Anyway, long and short of it - that was poor customer service and for that, we would not be going back. Besides, for the price the property charges - the least you could get is enough food.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sylvia A
Reviewed 20 October 2015

The Retreat Guesthouse: As a resort, there is a lack of amenities. As a place to store your bags while exploring the area, it is overpriced and removed from points of interest. The rooms are opulent, honeymoon quality, but it is necessary to pay extra to use the air condition, making it hot at night. Food was very good, but limited selection and no price list. I consider this place an extravagant home that someone wants to make money from renting rooms. There is nothing unique for memories or outstanding to return. Then again, my review is sullied due to a non-functioning smoke detector outside my bedroom that I mentioned four times during the day and which they did not fix. I heard the beeping throughout the night.

Room Tip: If other places about the area are booked, this this can be an alternate.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Dennis M
Reviewed 16 October 2015

My husband and I stayed here for two nights. We wished we had 2 more! We arrived late (after midnight) and Joyce was absoultely fine with our late arrival. When we awoke the next morning we saw the peace and tranquility the beautiful house sat in.

We were the only guests staying there at the time, and it felt like we could've filled each room with our own family members, it was so homely. Our spacious room was above the pool area and we could see the sea from our window. The view was amazing. And the size of the bed very very big!

We had breakfast both mornings, and had lunch and dinner cooked for us on one day too (we didn't leave the house that day, apart from a trip to the beach which we taken to by car by Joyce). All our meals were delicious and we left the dining area with our belly's round and satisfied.

The public beach nearby is peaceful with crystal clear waters. We didn't want to leave!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple