“LONE TRAVELLING PROFESSIONAL”

Retreat Guesthouse Luxury Suites
Ranked #1 of 6 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 24 July 2012

I was planning my trip but had concerns about the fact that I would be travelling alone and had never done so before. I had many concerns and reservations, as a result I tried to search for the best location in Falmouth and found that the RETREAT GUESTHOUSE kept coming up.

I contacted the owner Ms Joyce who seemed so genuine and warm, no pressure but answered my questions and handled me with patience, consideration and understanding. I immediately felt reassured and comfortable with her and made a booking. The price was an initial concerned because it seemed too low US$60, I wondered what I would get for this money. The Retreat Guesthouse is great value for money.

On arrival I was alone but did not feel like a stranger, it really felt like I had come back home. On my first night I slept so very well and did not feel afraid. I wish that I could stay for another 2 weeks and will definately return with my husband and friends the RETREAT GUESTHOUSE is now one of my favourite places my home away from home!

The personality of Ms Joyce could not be more helpful, kind and desirable, I think that its the way that she approaches her customers and manages them as her priority.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are cool and my room had a good sea view
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Joy b

Reviewed 23 July 2012

I visited the Retreat Guesthouse on July 21, 2012, it was very scenic. My standard room was more spacious than the ones at the all inclusive hotels plus I had view to die for. The Guest House has a lush tropical view at the rear of the building, also you can see if not all but most of the Falmouth bay and the Town lights uo beatifully at nights.

Ms. Joyce and Marlene took such good care of me and my husband and was more than accomaodating when we change our plans and wanted to have breakfast on the balcony of our room. By the way, as a local let me be the first to tell breakfast was great just the way I make it at home.

The Guest house is centrally located. It took us 7 minutes in total to assess all the attractraction in the Falmouth town which included Glistening waters and the Swamp Safari. It was the best weekend I had in long time. My husband and I really enjoyed our romantic weekend get away.

Room Tip: The Guest house can be faciltate a group and or family trip as it had really great recreational ro...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I was privileged to be in this accommodation for 2 night as at July 13, 2012.

This guest house is really nice- a haven away from home. Its location allows one to experience the natural beauty of Jamaica- cool, clean air; quiet;great view of the harbour; wild birds and a variety of trees.

The rooms are spacious and attractive. The whole structure boasts a great collection of art.

Customer service is personalized. Timely ask for any blend of Jamaican meals and it shall be prepared at your service.

It takes about 7 minutes to get to the town centre and about 40 mins to get to Montego Bay- a bus ride away.

I went to both places and to the multi-purpose stadium in one day.

Room Tip: Great place for a get-away.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2012

What started off as a girls trip to Jamaica, ended up being a solo trip for this small town Georgia Girl. At the last minute, I found out i would be making the trip by myself and needing to change my accomodations from a home in Montego Bay, to something more suitable and secure. I prayed on the matter and found out about The Retreat Guesthouse. The warmth and love Ms. joyce showed me was outstanding! She and Marlena made me feel like I was visiting family! The accomodations were greater than any expectation.Ms. Joyce was more than willling to accomodate all of my last minute request, with grace and love. The food was spectacular, the home absolutely wonderful! if you're looking for a home away from home, this is the perfect place. God has truly graced her and she operates the retreat as a ministry, not just a business! I'm telling all of my friends and family about this wonderful place. As a southern woman, who is use to Central Air Conditioning, not having AC was a breeze! The fans and natural breeze from the Ocean ,beautiful scenary and landscape made it a retreat worth experiencing again and again! The rooms are spacious and pristine, the beds very comfortable and cozy! The bathrooms emaculate, the value unbeatable!!! Can't wait to return!!!! Love this place, Ms. Joyce and Marlena!!!!!

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank marshag86
Reviewed 3 April 2012

A nice peaceful spot for our first night in Jamaica, east of Falmouth but only about half an hour from the airport and well-signposted from the main road. Brilliant views from the house's hilltop location down the wooded slopes to Falmouth cruise-ship harbour in the distance. Our room was clean and comfortable with two beds, fan, screened windows, large wardrobe and shower-room. It did not, however, have the private balcony specified in our Booking.com confirmation. There were two balconies opening off the landing outside but neither had chairs. Downstairs was a spacious lounge and bar area and outside a large partly-covered sundeck with a lovely view. Dinner was available and smelt delicious but we did not need this. We had a good continental breakfast of fruit, toast and coffee in the pretty dining-room. Mrs Grant was friendly and hospitable and if small, smart, family-run guesthouses are your type of accommodation then I think this would make an excellent base for a holiday exploring the north-west of the island, preferably with own transport.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AandBD
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
22.3 km away
136.7 km away
Great Huts
Great Huts
#1 of 29 in Port Antonio

Been to Retreat Guesthouse Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK