“Most Amazing Experience !!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Retreat Guesthouse Luxury Suites

Retreat Guesthouse Luxury Suites
Ranked #1 of 5 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Orlando, Florida, United States
“Most Amazing Experience !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

On my recent trip to Jamacia I was undecided whether to stay at the RItz Carlton or Half moon Bay. Surprisingly I came across the Retreat Guest House. I was a little skeptical being as though I never heard of it, the cheap price of $40 a night, and I was not familiar where Falmouth was. Wow from the moment I was picked up at the airport I knew I was in for treat. When I arrived the owner Joyce was there to graciously greet me. She held a sign with my first and last name on it (I felt somewhat of a V.I.P). On the ride there Joyce gave me a little history on Jamacia and the parrish Falmouth, where the guesthouse was located. I told Joyce that I was only here for two days and I just wanted to relax. When we arrived at the house Joyce friendly dog seem as if he was awaiting my arrival. I'm a dog lover and this dog was no exception. The house was absolutely beautiful. I was in such awe over the house that I forgot to take my luggage out of the car. I had only been on the Island for about an hour and already I was planning my next trip. The artwork, furniture, and design of the house was truly breathtaking. The vibe of the guesthouse was that of an relative house and not hotel.I wondered the property in awe for about an half hour before I went to my room. Speaking of the room OMG it was literally like something from a dream. When I opened the door to my room an overwhelming feeling of peace and tranquility took over me. Everything from the linen, drapes, bedding, and flooring was all 5 star quality. The size of the room made me feel as if I was in a penthouse or presidential suite. I was in my room for about 10 minutes when Joyce politely knocked. She had prepared a sandwich and cold red stripe beer. For the next two days I was in Heaven. The beach was amazing not like the other public beach in Jamacia. The water was beautiful and the natives did not harass or bother you at all. The walk to the beach is not far at all about 15 to 20 minutes each way. (the walk back is harder) my favorite part of the trip was the second night Joyce prepared the most delicious dinner I've had in awhile. Joyce mad Curry Shrimp and Curry Chicken with rice and peas and vegetables. I love to eat and the food was finger licking good. Some people complained that the food was too high and that Joyce seem to be greedy. Did these people forget that Joyce is running a business ? Maybe they did forget and that seems to be the problem. It seems as thought Joyce and the guesthouse make you feel so at home that people forget they are customers. I was even guilty of that myself. I felt as though Joyce was an Aunt of mine and should not charge me for a ride to the Airport. By the way on my departure when i got to airport I realized I'd forgot my phone at guesthouse. Surprisingly Joyce hot tailed it back to the hotel, which was about 30 minutes away, to retrieve my phone and make my flight. Although I'd already paid for my ride to airport I'd had expected to pay extra for the double trip. Joyce did not charge me a dime for the double. She gave me a big hug and told me to come back soon. I have to admit I had a tear in my eye but wasn't going to let her see. I'm so glad I did not stay at the Ritz Carlton again. I would recommend this guesthouse to everyone I know and as far as I'm concerned Retreat Guesthouse will always be a home away from home.

2 Thank Sharrieff B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Laurelton NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

I was surfing the internet for a quiet place to stay for 7 nights and I choose Retreat Guest House and I was really satisfied. Excellent service, clean environment, large rooms, delicious home made breakfast every morning. (thank you Merlene) Miss Joyce is like a mother she makes sure you are comfortable away from home. I was able to use wi-fi to check on my business back home. The beach is about 5 mins away. Historic Falmouth where the cruise ship docks is about 7 mins away. I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend to anyone who is looking for a stress free vacation with peace of mind
I was upgraded to the master suite my last night and it was the icing on my cake. Beautiful!!!!
Thanks Retreat Guest House you are the best. I will be back.

Room Tip: Ocean View at the back on 2nd flr for single or couple. Room 0 for honeymooners.
1 Thank Juliet T
Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed couple of nights at the Retreat Ghesthouse and had such calm and easy stay..felt so rested after all that happen in Jamaica with my cruise ship.Joyce was very supportive and she can pick you from the airport and take you everywhere. The night is so silent and beautiful landscape with dense forest and the sea down there in Falmouth village!!! The house is very elegant top notch Jamaican and a very good homemade food. Joyce and the employees are very accomodating making you feel very comfy!!

1 Thank Alexandre C
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 5 days during the Jamaican Jazz Festival.
It was a wonderful stay. Joyce and her staff accomdated our every need.
We had a large room with a queen bed overlooking the forest. The bed
was very comfortable and the bathroom clean and tidy. A small
balcony was handy for catching some sun. The large ceiling fan
kept us adequately cool. We had breakfast there most days and
really enjoyed the fish, cinnamon flavoured porridge and the
fresh fruit served by Marlene with a smile. Marlene also did
a great job on our laundry and let us store our wine and beer
In the kithcen fridge for easy access. We chatted with Ken and Tepi
who filled us in on the local information. Joyce lent us a roadmap
so we could drive to Nine Mile home of Bob Marley. We hung out most
days at the Fallmouth public beach, a 5 min drive from the Guesthouse.
We enjoyed meeting Baby Shaggy and all his friends on the beach.
The Glistening Waters and the Fisherman's Inn restaurants are excellent
and a 15 min drive away. Only drawbacks are the location (isolated on
a hill, you do need a car) and, the lack of a swimming pool. If you want
an authentic Jamaican experience,stay here (rather than at an all-incusive).
We would definetly return. Oh, an Celine Dione knocked 'em out at Jazzfest!

• Stayed January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MorganDW
Kirchheim bei Munich, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2012

We only stayed one night at the Guesthouse but it was one of our best stays in Jamaica. The rooms are completely new, very clean and beautiful. All rooms are located at the first floor of a big and new built private house. The interior design of the house is very beautiful and luxurious. Although the kitchen is very clean and the breakfast delicious. The owners of the house are very very nice and treat you like family. They try their best to make all your wishes come true. The house is romantically located on a hill from were you have a wonderful view over Falmouth and the see. It is not in down town, but believe me, you don`t want to stay down town.
I would love to stay some more nights and I would always come again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Feinschmeckerijn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
22.6 km away
#2 of 61 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,987 reviews
17.9 km away
Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

Been to Retreat Guesthouse Luxury Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK