Review Highlights
Sunday Lunch

My husband and I took my mother for lunch here today and we were delighted! Although we were... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Roma W
Bristol, United Kingdom
Fantastic

Me and my family went to the Blue Bell Inn last Sunday for a Sunday roast. We didn’t know where to... read more

Reviewed 12 November 2018
Jules890751
Leicester, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews sunday lunch chicken goujons very friendly and helpful staff comfortable bed pub
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Mixed feelings about this place. Nice traditional pub atmosphere. Ordered a Diet Coke it was flat and didn't really taste of much. Bar lady soon bought a replacement that was equally as bad. We both ordered roast beef. Veg and potatoes lovely, beef clearly pre cooked and pre sliced prepackaged. Yorkshire was like a brick... A pathetic portion of leeks in cheese sauce which from a presentation point of view looked awful but tasted okay.
When we came to pay the bill, I commented to the bar man about awful Coke, he came out with a load of rubbish excuses saying it was just the way it came out and I should have asked for bottled!!!!and didn't offer to refund the Coke which I thought was a bit poor. Service was good but won't return or recommend

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 3 July 2017

We ate here at the weekend for a special occasion and, once again, had an excellent meal.

All of the food was of a high standard, in particular the wonderful pizza's and the homemade tapas. This was all supported by the fantastic service we received from the very friendly and helpful staff working there. We are pleased that this is now our local.

Thank you !!

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank Jimmyh432014
Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

I visited here a long long time ago but my, how it's changed.

Lovely atmosphere, lovely staff. Oh and the Rosies cider..... I hope it's never taken off!

Kid friendly, dog friendly and all in all a great place to chill and relax

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed 11 April 2017

since new owner took over the pub, beers are more real ale, good pub food, and better table and chairs all round.. spent some money on the inside too....

Date of experience: April 2017
Reviewed 16 March 2017

Had lunch here today had gammon it was excellent large portions and excellent service waitress Mary very professional and very cheerful would definitely recommend and come again

Date of experience: March 2017