All reviewstravel lodgevending machineservice stationnearby villagenice quiet locationtea and coffeebreakfast boxwould stay againcomfortable bedfew minutes drivebury st edmundsbasic hotelcar parkreception areaattending a weddingchecking inframlingham castle
Reviewed 6 March 2018

During the recent 'Beast from The East' freezing weather, my home had absolutely no water. My insurance company paid for me to stay at the Travelodge for 3 nights with my 2 dogs. My first surprise was that the room was big enough for the dogs to have plenty of space to play. The bathroom had a bath & shower which I found an absolute luxury. The towels were bath sheets, not just bath towels and were fabulous. Although close to the A14 my room was lovely and quiet (I am used to living in a quiet village) and there was plenty of soundproofing between rooms. I went home to cook but the staff were fabulous and reheated my supper in their microwave and served my supper on lovely white china with a fork.

As I was up a couple of times during the night with the dogs, I was late getting up and about in the morning but I still returned to a lovely clean and tidy room and bathroom.

Every member of staff was kind and more than usually helpful, I have never experienced so much care from hotel staff. I can't recommend the Stowmarket Travelodge enough.

Room Tip: Quietest rooms at the front of hotel, situated less than 5 minutes drive from the centre of town, 2 minutes from A14.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Very pleasant 2 night stay, mostly quiet until someone was slamming doors at 03.30, but never mind! The hotel was easy to find, plenty of parking with comfortable rooms. A short trip into the town, and a great base for visiting Framlingham castle, Sutton Hoo and Orford castle. Will certainly visit again, friendly helpful staff, thank you.

Room Tip: South side rooms have view of fields then A14, but couldn't hear any traffic noise
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2018

I like this hotel, great, great rates the hotel is modern, clean and comfortable - also very quiet. The location works well for me and I have enjoyed each one of my numerous stays here.

There is plenty of parking and the hotel is easily located. The reception area although sparse is clean and welcoming. The rooms are all very clean and everything works well. The bedding is fresh and the beds comfortable.

The showers work well and the bathroom is very clean and tidy.

They only issue I experienced was whilst trying to get a VAT invoice for my stay. The receptionist pulled up my file and printed out an invoice from a previous stay and then proceeded to list my previous stays at the property. I was checking in with my girlfriend, good job none of my previous visits had been nefarious otherwise I may have had some difficult questions to answer. So my advise is to the reception staff be discreet it's a Travelodge not all of the clients are there on 'official' business!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank MarkyP264
Reviewed 27 January 2018

The bed was was clean and comfortable, good temperature and quiet. The only downside was the choice of snacks/food, but there were places local you could go.
Customer service was great. And the room was tidy and spacious

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Only stayed one night but had a great time . Staff were very helpful& friendly room was clean & bed was comfy .. what more can you ask for ? ... they even let us order in Chinese takeaway & supplied us with plates & utensils !

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with friends