All reviewsliving roomconvenience storeheated floorsbeautiful locationa great place to staynorthern lightsnice bathroomgas stationcodfishing villagemake your owncoffee tablecoffee makerbunk bedsamazing viewsring hobrental car
Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

What can I say.... This is such a beautiful and tranquil place to stay.
We stopped for 8 nights in our fisher man's house which catered for a couple. It was very clean, warm, cosy and wonderfully presented in its appearance. Loads of room with views from the windows to die for and also a mini kitchette.
All cooking utensils are supplied and also plates, cups, glasses Etc......
Very quite with the hussle of fishing boats returning with there catch.
Totally recommended for all things MIDDLE EARTH as the scenery is just breath taking.
We went in early March and drove down from Harstad, Narvik, Evenes Airport to Reine this took about 4-5 hours drive but took our time, as well as the Aurora displaying her beauty all the way down.
It was just magical....
So what you waiting for, get yourself to the Lofoten Islands, you'll love it.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

I made two separate bookings on Booking.com with the second night a lower price than the first (non-refundable price on Booking.com) I requested to cancel but they said they already charged my second night, so I decided not to cancel the booking and stay 2 nights there. When I checked in, I told them I made two separate booking for tonight and tomorrow night, then they key in the charges for 2 nights using the higher value amount. Then I told them, didn't you already charged my second night? I checked my email and showed them. So I ended up being charged 3 nights and they couldn't do a credit card refund and would do a wire transfer, I said wire transfer is not possible in my country due to the high charges and currency issues. And they had to ask their finance dept, so I ended up going back to the front officw every single day, and there was no telephone in the room to communicate.

1  Thank Angelivo
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Reine Rorbuer is the place to stay if you are in the Lofoten islands. Reine is the most gorgeous village in Lofoten and probably the best we have seen in the world. The Rorbuer itself if a set of traditional fisherman's cabins which are embellished with some amenities. Wifi is good but you won't find too much in the way of entertainment or food around in winter. I understand that the village is more active in summer months (understandably!)

The view from the balcony itself is stunning.
Worth a stay here amidst the pristine calm of nature.

Reviewed 27 February 2017

We stayed here for 1 night at the STEINBUA cottage. It was quite a magical experience as were able to catch the Northern Lights that night from our hut. Though, with the lighting from the village, it was white lights until you take a picture of it with your camera. Regarding the location, this cottage had an amazing view of the village along the water and 2 rooms with queen size beds that allowed privacy. Each room has their own bathroom. On top of this, there was a living room area, dining room area, a full kitchen as well as a patio table/chair setup on both the front and back porch. It was heading towards Winter at that time, so we spent some time by the fire relaxing and admiring the views. If you are going on a Couples retreat / vacation and want your own privacy, I would definitely recommend this cottage. IMO -- It's actually quite a steal to get such a complete setup with 2 private bedrooms with their own restrooms, a living room, dining room, a kitchen area in addition to 2 separate dining patios for this price range.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 February 2017

We stayed there for seven days as part of a photography group and had a stand alone cabin (No 7, Cato) to ourselves. It was a great, log cabin with lovely views from the lounge window. The cabin had a double bed room and a second room with a double bunk bed. Importantly it had a heated bathroom floor which was wonderful when having a shower after a day out in sub-zero temperatures. I found the bed a bit too firm, but my partner loved it. The one downside was the lack of a power point at bench height in the kitchen. We had to plug our kettle into a power point at floor level when brewing a cup of tea. Apart from that minor detail our whole stay was wonderful.

The restaurant served very tasty food, mainly various fish dishes but with enough variety to not be boring. The meals were all well prepared and very tasty. The service was friendly and prompt and the atmosphere was delightful.

This place was a gem, located within easy reach of awesome scenery that never failed to amaze and included 5 nights of the northern lights display above our cabin!

Room Tip: Choose a standalone Rorbu to avoid any noise from neighbours.
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends