“good overall experience”
Review of Castle Arms Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Durrow
Castle Arms Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Durrow
Wicklow, Ireland
“good overall experience”
Reviewed 21 March 2012

have to say was a little apprehensive reading some reviews before deciding to stay but glad i gave this place the benefit of the doubt.
Myself ,my husband my 3 week old baby and my 3 year old son travelled down for a wedding nearby in early march.

we were promply checked in which helps when your struggling with a new born and rest of the family in toe.

Our Room was spacious and bright and had nice views of the village.

Room was child friendly,tea,kettle etc was out of reach from little hands.

Breakfast was good,my 3 year old was entertained with crayons and papers while we relaxed and enjoyed.
Staff were friendly
Room Was Clean and Spacios
Breakfast was tasty

My Trip was surprisingly nice to this little village.We will Call in to this hotel again and maybe sample the lunch menu.

Room Tip: Room with a view!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank marcella h
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Stayed here with my partner while attending a wedding in another nearby hotel. I didn't expect much giving other reviews but I was quite surprised with the quality of the room. Room was nicely decorated & maintained however there was a few minor cleaning issues e.g. gathered dust behind handbasin pedistal etc.

Breakfast following morning lovely with the exception of the puddings, overpowering flavour and don't taste like any other breakfast pudding. Staff very friendly & helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the back of the hotel where you won't be disturbed by traffic noises from main...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank buglamour
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 21 October 2011

First of all i have to say i dont understand what all the bad reviews are for. My stay was very pleasant myself and my husband were attending a wedding at the castle durrow and the rooms were booked up so we decided to stay in the castle arms hotel which overall i have notting bad to say . We arrived at the hotel and we were greeted by the receptionist who was very acommadating they catered for all our needs. The receptionist showed us to our rooms and the bed linen was fresh and clean the bathroom was clean. the rooms were basic but overall very clean and what more could you ask for .I rang the reception for extra towels and pillows and there was no problem and had them 5minutes later. We had breakfast which was made fresh to order not buffet style. The staff were very friendly and made sure we had enough of everything . My husband is also lactose intolerant and when we rang to book we said that and for breakfast they had soy milk for his cereal which i thought was very good because many hotels i have stayed in before have never went out of their way to do that . We were also given a free newspaper when we had are breakfast which i thought was good my husband and i were very happy with our stay and will definately be back if there is another wedding around the area.Overall happy with our stay .

Room Tip: we stayed in the front of the hotel over looking the green in durrow the road is quiet at night and...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mar D
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I read these reviews when considering where to stay. I hope others do when dealing with this Hotel.

I booked into this hotel on the phone on a Monday and had to cancel on a Wednesday due to a serious family issue which I conveyed to the Hotel. I then looked at my credit card and half the cost of the stay was taken out. I then looked at my email reservation which I received after the booking and saw the following;
"If you wish to cancel your reservation please do so one week prior to your arrival
In the Event that a guest does not turn up on the arrival date & does not cancel the reservation the full amount will be taken."
It doesn’t state that if you cancel in advance of the arrival date that the booking will be charged and in addition none of this was declared on the telephone booking.
I had to ring the Hotel 3 times before they even got back to me. Although, when they did the girl that I spoke with was very helpful and I asked her to get the GM to phone me. I'm still waiting and that was 5 days ago (incl. 2 days over weekend).

As an aside, the family member that had the issue was due to stay in D4 hotel in Dublin on the same weekend and I explained his situation to that Hotel. They had no issue with cancellation and brought forward no charge.

I have never written on this forum before so this alone points at my displeasure at our treatment by this Hotel. It’s not the money that gnaws at me it’s the attitude of the Hotel GM. Surely he realises that he should deal with customer complaints (particularly in the current environment) and not take the soft option of brushing it under the carpet or using the Hotel policy line. 1. its not stated Hotel policy as per email I received and 2. the size of this Hotel should be able to deal with complaints individually, amazing how a hotel the size of D4 didn’t quote this line back to us.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Cork1981
Edinburgh
Reviewed 10 November 2010

Can't write a review as did not stay. Despite e-mailing and telephoning the hotel on numerous occasions and being told they would come back to me they never did. We stayed at the Castle View B&B instead.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank lou22j
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durrow
7.4 km away
36.0 km away
The Heritage Killenard
The Heritage Killenard
#1 of 1 in Killenard

Been to Castle Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK