“Looked Warm and Inviting”
Review of The Copper Kettle

The Copper Kettle
Ranked #4 of 4 Restaurants in Durrow
Cuisines: Irish
Tipperary, Ireland
“Looked Warm and Inviting”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

I visited the Copper Kettle on my way home from Cork as it looked very warm and inviting and both my husband and I were looking for somewhere nice to have a meal. It was quite busy so understandably we had to wait some time before somebody came to take our orders. There was another long wait before our meals arrived and the food was just average. The prawns which I ordered were a little overcooked and a bit on the cold side but I was looking forward to sampling the selection of lovely desserts, including Christmas cakes and puddings, which were displayed on the dresser. However I soon expelled the thought when a group of children who were sitting in the middle of the restaurant decided to go over and start poking at them. Their parents didn’t seem to mind as it kept the children amused and they didn’t even mind when one of the younger children stood on top of the table. The restaurant was quite cold and when it came for the party in question to leave they kept the door open for so long that I was sure I would get frostbite. At this stage, we didn’t wait for tea of coffee and just paid our bill and left. I had thought about giving this restaurant another try during the Summertime but the desserts on the dresser without a cover over them keeps coming to mind and I don’t think I could take the risk.

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Erins-Isle22
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow