All reviews an iron swimming pool nice hotel decoration resort pattaya
Reviewed 2 November 2014

I stayed here for a short break.

The hotel is about 15 to 20 minutes by car from South Pattaya so is a little off the beaten track in terms of access to bars, restaurants and shopping areas of Pattaya.

The room I had was a suite and was extremely large. The bathroom had a large double sweater jacuzzi, shower, toilet and two hand basins. The 'living room' was very spacious and had a small dining table, kitchen and a sofa. The balcony was large and had a lounger which could easily sleep two people.

The bed was large, clean and comfortable.

There is a large pool, the beach front was clean and the gardens were very well maintained.

The staff were very attentive and friendly.

I would estimate that this is really a 3 star hotel. As such I rate is very good and I enjoyed my stay. If you are expecting a 5 star hotel then this is not the place for you. If, however, all you need is a clean, safe, spacious, quiet and well maintained property by the beach, which is nicely decorated but not the apex of luxury, this is a comfortable and attractive place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms closest to the beach are quite far from the lobby area.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Sometimes it is good to be a little away from the city. This hotel is very quiet and it feels like it is private. The room was spacious and balcony was really nice. We can see the sea, and swimming pool. Bar at the pool was good, batender was polite and swimming pool was clean. Food at restaurant was delicious. We enjoyed eating by the beach. Breakfast was fine.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have been there 2 times and I can declare that this hotel largely needs to be renovated...
We have been staying in the main building, having a main problem: the carpeting that probably hasn't been changed since the hotel opened...A very unpleasant smell emanatting from it!
Ask for the ground floor where the smell is alright, but in the upper stairs...ewww...unbreathable!
We had to ask to change room.
Otherwise, rooms are large and okay...nothing much to say about it.
There is a fitness area, nothing too fancy about it too...
The pool is great, with jacuzzi basins...that you have to request the staff to turn on. Yeah, it is ''bubbles on demand'' only...and you rather speak Thai since the staff doesn't. (The guest of hotel are over 85% Thai) There is also a smaller pool in front of the beach...but since there was as well three Thai men bathing totally clothed: shorts, tops, belts and tattooes...talking about a turn down...
Food is really average.
This hotel was probably top notch over a decade ago, but time has passed since, and I honestly believe they need to seriously renovate...
That is a bit sad because oherwise, you can see that the staff, even with very limited English abilities, is trying to help you to make you enoy your stay.
Oh and the lobby is looking great...but nowadays, takes much more than that to be a competitive hotel...especially with Ravindra resortl just next to, offering a much better overall experience...for the same range of price...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2014

The hotel has interesting design and located right on the beach. Those are the only 2 stars I would give them. Construction next door (not their fault) makes me more susceptible to other things, such as very rundown, neglected feeling of the property. The reason I'm still here is that the room hasn't been cleaned yet, so I can't even take shower to get out of here. No to the basics:
When we arrived, relatively late in the evening, we were the only guests checking in, yet there was nobody upfront to get our luggage. At the reception they assumed that we had our "voucher", so we had to wait for them to find our reservation. To be fair, checking in didn't take that long and when employees arrived they were all friendly and nice. Although nobody at the property speaks English (which is fine, since all the guests here speak Russian) none of them also speaks Russian or Spanish either. If you still planning to come here lear how to speak Thai. What else? The room smells like mold. Service is slow and if you ask for a towel or a blanket they will not simply bring it and leave it in the room - they want you to be there to get a tip. There is no towel service or food service on the beach. The beach is dirty: foam, cigarette butts, plastic bags in the water, etc. Overall, this could've been a fantastic property if it was managed properly.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Stayed at the Dor-Shada for business reasons two times this year. Neither time was very notable. Hotel is rather removed from other places. Room is clean and bed is comfortable but there are not any nice touches to the room. Breakfast buffet is mediocre. Not much choice and no omelete station. Pastries are horrible. Beach is so so. Nice pool and diner by the beach is good. Had barbequed seafood one night which was very very tasty.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business