Open today: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM

from US$ 77.07
from US$ 192.31
from US$ 65.39
More Info
All reviews water buffalo both times bumpy ride company animals driver leopard safari park mongoose behaviour dear expert tracker
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 February 2019 via mobile

I booked this safari based on all the positive reviews on tripadvisor and I am so happy I did!! We had such an amazing experience. Booking was super simple, I called the day before and asked to book a full day safari which started at 5am with pickup from the hotel and ended at 6pm. Our driver, Yasanka, was absolutely amazing! He made our safari trip beyond perfect and so memorable. Yasanka always respected the animals giving them the space they needed while also providing us with prime opportunities to see so many beautiful animals including a cub bear, a herd of elephants that were so close it was unreal, wild boar, mongoose, eagles, black face monkeys, peacocks, crocodiles, water buffalo and even a leopard. We were also served lunch which was SO delicious, as well as snacks and cold water throughout the day and took a nice nap in the car during our lunch break. It is so important for me to note that Yasanka made our experience!! At some point we were getting tired and were thinking of cutting our day short, however Yasanka encouraged us to continue on with the day and because of his determination to make our experience one of a kind we saw a leopard, tusk elephant, and beautiful family of elephants at the tail end of our day. We highly recommend you book this safari, the price is definitely worth it! Also, important to mention that my husband and I had an entire jeep to ourselves!!

1  Thank Trail744924
Reviewed 29 January 2019 via mobile

We did a morning safari and our driver was Yasanka. He was a really good spotter and found many animals during the morning. Tour was amazing and the best thing was to see three leopards! One of them was only in 20meters from us. Yasanka has great knowledge about the animals as well. He was a good and safe driver and helped us to get amazing pictures of the animals, respecting the nature and animals all the time. We really enjoyed the safari and highly recommend Shehan Safaris and Yasanka!

Reviewed 29 January 2019 via mobile

We had a great morning safari with our guide Sandun! He was such a knowledgeable and intuitive guide. He knew where to find the elephants and we felt perfectly safe with him. We saw many elephants which was so very exciting! We also saw numerous birds, wild boar, spotted deer, monitor lizard, langurs, crocodiles, mongoose, peacocks. We, unfortunately, did not see the elusive leopard, however, we saw leopard tracks. I highly recommend this outfit and our fabulous guide!

Reviewed 21 January 2019 via mobile

We decided to go with Shehan Safari after being recommended by a friend back in Australia. The experience was far better than anything we had hoped! Our guide Yasanka was super friendly, patient and happy to answer our many questions. With his awesome tracking skills (and his patience and obvious respect for the animals) we were able to see 2 leopards, a sloth bear and pretty much every other animal inhabitant of Yala. Can’t recommend this company and Yasanka enough!

Reviewed 21 January 2019 via mobile

We did a full day tour private tour, our driver was Yasanka.
My main aim for the trip was to see a leopard which I’d told Shehan in an email. This was obviously passed on to Yasanka, as he went above and beyond to make this a reality for me. He was attentive all day, found many animals for us including two leopards! He’s a very skilled driver and also respectful with the animals. Also very knowledgeable about them, including the many bird species in the park.

There’s no helping that there are quite a lot of tours operating but we spent most of the day alone or with one or two other cars in the area.
It’s a bit more pricey than you can find, but we both believe it was well worth it.
The lunch was great too.