“Very comfortable”

InterContinental Alpensia Pyeongchang Resort
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Pyeongchang-gun
Reviewed 2 June 2012

The bedding is very comfortable. from mattress (Sealy), feather bed top, to down duvet and linens. I think that's about the most luxury bedding you can get. (I am a linen collector). Room is nice, doesn't feel too small even they didn't upgrade me to suite as their club's VIP member. They gave me a complimentary bottle of wine and fruits. I didn't open the wine because I don't like alcohol but the gesture is nice. I do think they should have more variety for buffet breakfast for the price they charge, especially since the village doesn't really have many eating choices. As an IC hotel, the buffet breakfast should have better coffee, choice of capuccino and latte. Even the Holiday Inn Resort Mai Khao even has shrimp dim sum and steak, etc. This hotel should learn from that. Staff is polite and friendly. Lobby deco is nice too. Hotel is clean since its new. Overall, a nice property.

Room Tip: Front room face mountain, back room face lake. So both are nice depending which season you are comin...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank happyvaio
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 19 April 2012

The hotel got great location, surrounded by beautiful scenery.
Room was big and clean, perfect one..
Breakfast was standart, not much choice though..
No free wifi even in the hotel lobby

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Flyer0007
Reviewed 27 March 2012

A good place for U and your family to stay in with a ski behind U and I enjoyed my stay there thou I missed out the chance to ski cuz the next morning I was greeted with snow. Oh well, that's was a great and pleasure morning. We even walk under the snow to the nearby restaurant for our breakfast. The service of the staff is great too. Thank U.

Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank zy_zinc
Reviewed 25 February 2012

I wanted a hotel close to Yong Pyang skiing and this was the only hotel available. I guess that I know why now.

The hotel itself is fantastic as you would expect from the price and brand. It is in the Alpensia resort that has a small amount of simple skiing but the real skiing is one valley over in Yong Pyang - about 10 minutes drive by road.

In a sensible world they would have joined the two ski resorts with a lift - but they did not. So you expect a shuttle bus between the resorts and there is - about 4 a day!! I had to wait until 22:00 to get back to the hotel!

It gets even worse when you want to get back to the airport. There are two buses a day to Incheon and THEY CANNOT BE BOOKED. I tried to get the 14:30 bus to get my evening flight and the bus turned up full, the bus driver refused to let anybody on and then drove off. There was no alternative but to get a very expensive taxi.

I would advise giving this place a miss until they sort the transport links.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
11  Thank TravellingRunes
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Spent 5 days there during Chinese New Year. Got a last minute deal from hotel website for a superior room at a decent price.

The hotel is 3 hours away from Incheon Airport. Since our flight arrived late afternoon we wouldnt be able to catch the public airport limousine. I emailed the hotel to ask about transfer options and the possibility of booking a transfer directly with the hotel. The response took a few days to arrive and was not helpful at all. Eventually I booked a transfer on my own.

The room, a decent size one, was not as big as it advertised on the website. Front-desk staff never volunteered to arrange for any reservation for any service inside the village. When you asked them to do so, they tried to give you this pamphlets and asked you to contact the ski school/rental/water park/restaurants by yourself. The thing is, English is not a medium in Korea, even at this resort which is supposedly the venue for 2018 olympics.

Housekeeping was really slow that when we came back to the room after ski and lunch at 330pm, our room was still unmade, though the 'make-up room" light was on since 830am. We had to stay at the hotel lobby for another 45 min at their request. When I went back to the room, a USB charging cable and a headphone were missing. I called the front desk to advise them that. They promised to help and advised me at 1130pm that night that they couldnt find it. That's the end of the story.

It's not all bad. The village is beautiful and you can find convenience stores, local eateries, burger joint and even a domino pizza there. The weird thing about the Domino is that they didnt let you take away their menu and basically the staff understand no english. I don't know who's their target customer but you certainly dont see many local koreans there.

I went to Japan, esp ryokans (traditional hotspring resorts) regularly. They dont speak english there too but they tried very hard to compensate that with very detailed and clear instructions and signs. This is something you dont see in Alpensia. This is something which can be easily done but not. As a result, you constantly feel frustrated there.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank kosmhongkong
IHGCare, IHGCare at InterContinental Alpensia Pyeongchang Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2012

Dear Kosmhongkong,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Brenda J.
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pyeongchang-gun
0.4 km away
Holiday Inn Resort Alpensia Pyeongchang
Holiday Inn Resort Alpensia Pyeo...
#1 of 10 in Pyeongchang-gun
0.2 km away
Holiday Inn and Suites Alpensia Pyeongchang Suite
Holiday Inn and Suites Alpensia ...
#3 of 10 in Pyeongchang-gun
Hong C Hotel
#3 of 28 in Gangneung
37.5 km away
Benikea Premier Donghae Medical Spa Convention Hotel

Been to InterContinental Alpensia Pyeongchang Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK