All reviews floating pool local life the general manager rooms are nice van vieng vang vien nice view the river kayaking laos bungalow pillows sunset vv bus
Reviewed 9 December 2017 via mobile

Stayed here two days after being in Vang Vieng. Very nice rooms and lovely pool by the river. Hotel is very secluded, but that is okay as many activities like hiking, biking and kayaking is offered. Very good service from staff as well. Can recommend the hotel highly.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sanctuary Hote... L, Sales & Marketing Assistant at Sanctuary Nam Ngum Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Dear customers,

On behalf of the entire team Sanctuary Hotels and Resorts, we wanted to thank you for the kind comment that you left on Tripadvisor. It has made our day.

We were delighted to be able to bring you entire satisfaction. Indeed, we make sure to provide you with the greatest level of service and satisfaction at the Nam Ngum Resort. It is a true paradise that offers both relaxing times with its sandy beach and swimming pool on the lake, but also offers water activities for your enjoyment.
Thank you for your lovely words on our helpful staffs. Your positive message have been shared with our team.

We do hope to welcome you again very soon!

The Sanctuary Hotels & Resorts team

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Despite what you may see in photos, you may realize otherwise when you visit this hotel property. It was not good enough for my stay. It was not clean enough and too far away from town. If you felt like you wanted to eat or massage other than what the hotel provides, you would have to drive into town. I travel quite often and I would rate this hotel 2.5, 3 at the most. After visiting the hotel, I've contacted Expedia to cancel my reservation, but the hotel refused based its policy. As a VIP member, I never had any problem cancelling my reservation, but the general manager of this hotel was more focused on following its policy, rather than wanting to find out the reason for my cancellation and how he can accommodate to provide very best customer service. Good hotel with good management is always interested in how to best serve its customers' needs to provide a memorable stay and I did not see that here. There are far better hotels in town if you want to experience VangVieng.

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Sanctuary Hote... L, Assistant Sales & Marketing at Sanctuary Nam Ngum Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear customers,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on our TripAdvisor page.
My team and I are very disappointed to hear that we were not able to meet your expectations.

It is true that the hotel is located approximately 25km from Vang Vieng, away from the hustle and bustle. We opted for a calm and serene atmosphere as our aim was to offer our customers a place dedicated to relaxation: a sanctuary, haven of peace, allowing one to relax, whilst enjoying the beautiful view of the lake, the different water activities, swimming pool and much more. Plus, if you had wanted to head for the center, we could have been more than pleased to help you organize your transport for the day.

Concerning your booking, we do have flash promotional campaigns, which are indeed non-refundable in the event of a cancellation but intended to be money savers when staying with us.

However our commitment is also that our customers find total satisfaction, therefore, should you wish to renew the Sanctuary experience we will not fail to suggest an unbeatable offer.

We do hope to welcome you again very soon to prove that we have been able to consider your comments, please accept our respectful greetings.

Best regards,

The Sanctuary Hotels & Resorts team

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

This place was a great place to go and relax and get some well deserved rest. View is great...rooms are nice and i thought the food was delicious. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Fyi there are local fishermen there and yes they like to start early but with doors close you can't here them, but I enjoy watching them make their living. I will say there was not much to do in area...unfortunately the water level was too low to enjoy any fun power water sports ( jet ski, wake boarding)..which I really wanted. But overall a great place. Thanks for a great stay.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Sanctuary Hote... L, Assistant Sales & Marketing at Sanctuary Nam Ngum Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2017

Dear customers,

Thank you very much for your interest in Sanctuary Nam Ngum Beach Resort and the kind review that you posted on our Tripadvisor page. Know that it goes heartening us.
We are pleased to hear that you appreciated the peaceful setting, as well as the services offered by our hotel.

We understand your disappointment with the various water activities, actually the level of water is currently insufficient to enjoy the activities on the lake. We hope that you made the most of the peace and tranquility of our location, the swimming which remains accessible, as well as appreciate the wonderful views that make Nam Ngum a real piece of paradise.

Thank you for your lovely comments on our helpful staffs. Your positive message have been shared with our team!

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you once again soon.
The whole Sanctuary Hotels and Resorts team and I wish you a pleasant day,

Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights, it was the best sleep I've had since traveling around Asia the only thing I would change is the pillows are pretty hard and aren't very fluffy! But that's ok, the rooms are big a spacious and the toilet/ shower are seperate which is wonderful!

You have to remember that this is a Sanctuary so it's in the middle of nowhere, if you want shops they are just over 1km away - its very peaceful and relaxing.

We ate at the restaurant every day which was delicious, great menu and service.

Dale I believe? The operations manager was very lovely and welcoming he sat down with us and had a drink. He took the time to know us and make sure we were comfortable.

If we ever travel back to Lao, we will be back here for sure!

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sanctuary Hote... L, Assistant Sales & Marketing at Sanctuary Nam Ngum Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Dear customers,

On behalf of the entire team Sanctuary Nam Ngum Beach Resort we wanted to thank you for the glowing review you posted on us. It has made our day.

We are pleased to hear that you appreciated our rooms and the facilities. Our rooms are very comfortable, ergonomic with a sober and modern design.

As you pointed out, we have an exceptional and peaceful setting, you could enjoy the magnificent view of the lake, surrounded by mountains.

We are delighted that you appreciate the menu of our restaurant. Indeed, we offer a wide range to satisfy Western tastes but also Asian dishes for that all our customers find satisfaction.

Thank you for your lovely comments on our helpful staffs. Your positive message have been shared with our entire team!

Looking forward to welcoming you again soon, the entire Sanctuary Hotels and Resorts team and I wish you an agreeable day.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We stayed here one night as another accommodation was fully booked. They picked us uo from the other resort and brought us back the other day. The rooms are very very clean (shower and toilets are separate which I liked a lot). There are no wooden floors where bugs can hide and the bed is very comfortabel (the rooms are huge). I had the best sleep in months.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Sanctuary Hote... L, Assistant Sales & Marketing at Sanctuary Nam Ngum Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2017

Dear customers,

On behalf of the entire team Sanctuary Hotels and Resorts, we wanted to thank you for the glowing review you posted on us: Know that it goes heartening us.

We are delighted to be able to bring you satisfaction. Indeed, we make sure to provide you with the greatest level of service and satisfaction at the Nam Ngum Beach Resort.

We are pleased to hear that you appreciated the services offered by our hotel. Our rooms are comfortable, decorated with a sober and modern design, and the internal layout in addition to the interior facilities are functional, allowing you to enjoy the magnificent view of the lake from your room.

Thank you again for choosing us for your stopover in Vang Vieng, we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon!

The whole Sanctuary Hotels and Resorts team and I wish you a pleasant day,