Laos Haven Hotel(Vang Vieng)
US$ 26
US$ 23
US$ 45
US$ 36
Vieng Tara Villa(Vang Vieng)
US$ 70
US$ 23
US$ 30
US$ 22
US$ 40
Jammee Guest House(Vang Vieng)(Great Value!)
US$ 13
TripAdvisor
US$ 169
US$ 143
Agoda.com
Amari Vang Vieng(Vang Vieng)
US$ 115
All reviewsloved this hotelroom was spaciouswould definitely stay here againswimming poolthe main roadluxury000kipvangvieng
Reviewed 15 July 2017 via mobile

I really wanted to love this hotel. A long weekend to escape from Vientiane meant our group of 3 wasn't looking for unbridled luxury but nor were we after the backpacker experience. So we settled for what seemed like a reasonably priced 3 star hotel with breakfast and wifi.

On arrival (about 8pm) the Reception was deserted. We shouted, knocked on the office door and tried to get the attention of any staff around, we ended up waiting about 20 minutes until we were greeted by a man who had our keys and invoices. He was helpful despite the language barrier, gave us the wifi password and even showed us to our respective rooms.

This is where it all went very wrong. The two twin rooms were next to each other (I can't comment about the third double room as I didn't see it) and backed onto a concrete wall with electrical cables running along the length. It was also daylight 24/7 due to the security lights. My aircon didn't cool down at all, it served entirely as a fan, the room smelt of damp, there were signs of water leaks around lights and windows, the curtains were thin and didn't fit the window properly, electrical sockets were exposed in the wall. The room was tiny, with no space for storage. It took my friend next door until the next morning to figure out the light switch combo that allowed her aircon to be switched on.

My bathroom was terrifying. Although the hotel provides toiletries and the towels, toilet and bath were clean the actual room itself was filthy. The aircon outlet Tube in the bedroom ran through the wall, across the corner of the shower and out of the back wall. The entire area was infested with ants, damp and a constant drip drip drip from the struggling aircon. A hosepipe would have put the water pressure to shame. Again, the curtain didn't fit the window (on the public facing side of the room) and I know, because I checked from the outside, with the light on you could see in!

In the morning I went to breakfast. My travel companions complained of cold food so I went to the fresh omelette and pancake station. The omelette was great! I asked if the lady could make me fresh Pancakes as the others were cold and was told "no", she insisted I ate the ones available.

So after no sleep due to the heat, the general disappointment of the room and feeling unclean after a shower the three of us decided to jump ship and find another hotel - which we did. We explained to the Manager why we were checking out early and he offered no compensation or apology. We forfeited the cost of the second night in favour of better accommodation.

What was good about this hotel:
- Great Internet
- Lovely Pool Area
- Well kept and beautiful gardens
- Traditional Lao (but poorly maintained) buildings.
- Large Breakfast room, undercover but open to elements with stunning views!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2017 via mobile

The rooms are comfortable humbly decorated. The hotel is close to the river and it is very nice to have breakfast in the open balcony of the restaurant enjoying the river view. Easy to walk from here to any part of Vang Vieng. I recommend everybody to rent a bicycle.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Our experience of this hotel was dreadful.
The room - Filthy, dirty beyond belief. Everywhere was covered in dust, the corners of the room by the ceiling were covered in cobwebs and thick with dirt. The top of the mirror in the bathroom was thick with dust and dead flies, surely at least a year's worth of dirt. Ants were everywhere, and our luggage became infested with them as there is nowhere elevated to put your suitcases. Hundreds of ants in the bathroom. The sheets on the beds were old and thin, and the cleanliness was to such a low level, that we slept on top of the duvets fully dressed. One window had been broken and stuck together with tape. The room was described as "garden view", but the garden could only be seen from the bathroom window (which had to be covered with a blind for privacy), and our view from the main room was in fact of some waste ground.
Hotel - the breakfast was poor, everything was cold, including the fried eggs and the pots of tea. Considering we were there at 7.30am, there doesn't seem any excuse for this. It was also not very peaceful due to a variety of noise; some from the road immediately outside which leads to the toll bridge, which can get very busy particularly with loud quadbikes; but mostly from the river bars on the water opposite which blast out "music" extremely loudly meaning your room is constantly filled with a bass beat until very late, and the pool area is not a relaxing place to be. I am only 26, so if this was annoying for me (and this music is meant to appeal to my demographic), then I can only imagine it being worse for others.
I have stayed in hostels which have been far superior to this, and would not recommend this place to anyone. The best part of my stay was checking out to leave.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Glosdude R
Reviewed 30 December 2016

The positive things: the beautiful garden, the small pool, the river view location, good breakfast buffet.
But the rooms seem not to be maintained at all; windows were so dirty, never cleaned. Dust everywhere in the room, and, since the rooms were not tight you have everything: ants, spiders and geccos inside - sleep well :-) Everything was old and falling apart. the ventilator inside the bathroom was not working, the toillet was plugged the first day, horrible.The pool area was dangerous because of the old and broken wood. We stayed 2 days and were happy to leave again. For 30 Euros it would be tolerable, but we paid 70 per night - surly too much for what we got in a place like Vang Vieng! We stayed in Laos before in hostels which were in much better shape and cost half the price, so this is not normal, even for Laos.

Room Tip: Riverside rooms look a bit better maintainted.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joanna W
Reviewed 29 October 2016

The room was basic with a lovely view. I was in room 406 -no elevator. The wi fi was non existent and the front desk staff were useless. I think because this was an organized tour they did not need to care abuot our experience

Room Tip: Get an upper floor facing the river
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family