“A meeting place for taking it slow”

Khan Kham Restaurant
Ranked #46 of 87 Restaurants in Vang Vieng
Cuisines: American, Asian, Thai
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

I did not actually came here for a full meal. Just ordered refreshment and a baguette for killing the time and just taking it slow.
Amidst the crazy-hyped up atmosphere in Vangvieng, this place offers some semblance of peace. I found it relaxing to just sit there, read a bit or just be a casual observer as people on the streer meander about.
Just make sure to count your change and check the bill thou for it is very common to get the wrong change here. Other than that i think this place is perfecr for meeting other travelers and a having a few entertaining small talk.

Reviewed 7 November 2014 via mobile

Didn't eat here but used this place to meet fellow traveller friends after a day on the river. Nice place to chill with a beer. had some entertainment on which was good. Staff are friendly and looked after you well ;) was very busy when we went , was four years ago so not sure if it's changed much

Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

First of all, it took three attempts for me to receive the correct change. All I had ordered was a chicken soup. I was looking forward to this as the place seemed to be quite a classy establishment. The food arrived, my word, I have never seen such a disgusting looking soup in my time. I have posted a photo for reference. I tried to taste it, bit quite frankly it was foul, further to this there was a unidentifiable curdled substance in the bottom of the "soup". I don't like to leave bad reviews but there was no customer service, the attendant could clearly see that I hadn't touched the meal in 20 minutes yet made no attempt to ask me how the meal was. Although I must give credit, the baguette with the meal was nice, however the ability required to transfer a baguette onto a plate is fairly low.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

It's true that pickings are slim for eating in Vang Vieng, but thank god for this place. The food is cheap and delicious and the family that runs it are actually friendly. They don't play Friends or Family Guy, so if you are looking for that try anywhere else. The presentation of the food was even nice...at most places they just drop a plate in front of you and walk off.

Reviewed 9 November 2009

Khan Kham is probably one of the better restaurants in Vang Vieng. But, that's not saying much. The menu differs from the other places a bit in that there is more Lao food and some different selections than on the typical Vang Vieng menu. The ambience is probably one of the nicest not on the river in town, clean, and no Happy Menu in sight. Most of the clientele was older "falang" (foreigners). Nothing special, but not having Friends reruns and stoned out backpackers lying in beds is what passes for nice in Vang Vieng.

We had a few nice traditional Lao dishes that were tasty, but the sticky rice wasn't well done so it detracted from our enjoyment of the dishes. Overall, the best food we probably had in Vang Vieng though. Nice service and the waiter spoke decent English.