See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights whilst relaxing in VV and was vey pleased with the hotel. Few reviews on here doubt it's cleanliness, but I found the rooms to be very clean, very comfortable and turned down at least once a day.

Location is brilliant, bang in the centre of VV with excellent bars either side, a fantastic collection of street sandwich vendors opposite and next to a well stocked shop and tour operator. Also, whilst it may be a little noisy during the day, the bars nearby begin to close about 11pm, so by 11.30 it's very quiet, bar a bit of sporadic traffic noise.

Beds were comfortable for Laos (a little hard!), shower was powerful and warm and the balconies on every room are a nice touch. The views from the rear are excellent, but are a little more expensive.

Owner and staff tend to keep themselves to themselves, but can help with onward transport (though they do tend to add the standard 5000kip commission to the price, which they remove if you haggle hard).

Would certainly stay here again, and wouldn't let the negative reviews out you off. The only problem is the wifi which is supposed to only be available in the lobby, however provided you connect on your way into the hotel, I found it's useable in rooms on the first and second floors.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2014

So many choices in VV. Clean. Accommodating. Wifi. Beer Lao for sale in the lobby. Safe parking for motorcycles. Great view towards the river. Steep stairs but big deal. RIght at the intersection of the main drag.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

We have stayed here a couple of times, not a bad place. I read some of the bad reviews here and can honestly say I don't know what they're talking about. Bed is comfortable, room was clean. The only complaint I have is that they keep turning the WiFi off.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Poipet0
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Originally intending to stay only a few nights as price was above our budget, me and my boyfriend soon realised the comforts of this guesthouse was well worth the money. We did however have a ground floor room which as I can image doesn't have one of the better views the guesthouse has to offer but we were pleased with what we had. Our room was super spacious with a soft cosy bed, tv, fan and a large shower room/toilet. I would recommend the quest house to fellow travellers although if your booking your next bus ticket shop around, we did get one slightly cheaper up the road.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights here, rooms were clean and cleaned each day, view was spectacular. Had no problems with the staff they were all very helpful! Price was a little bit high but you are paying for the view so that's understandable. Would happily go there again.

• Stayed: August 2013