“A very relaxing place...”
Review of Tamassa Resort

Tamassa Resort
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Bel Ombre
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My girlfriend and i with our one year daugher was looking for a 12 days break in April this year, after reading a few of the reviews on tripadvisor we chose Tamassa Hotel! The hotel was excellent and the staff there made us feel at home.

After a long flight from Frankfurt Germany we got to Mauritius at 5am, out the airport after getting out bags and our travel rep was there to meet us, a 45 minutes van ride later we where at Tamassa hotel , we were met by a smilling staff menber to help with our bags to reception where we were greeted by two warm smilling staff members , one offered us ice cold fruit drinks whiles the other check us in. They knew we were getting there early in the morning,so a room with a babybed was ready for us shortly after we got there! We were offered breakfast in the main restaurant whiles the room was been made ready, after breakfast we were shown to our room and the relaxing holiday we dream off began!

You can do a lot or do nothing if you chose to at Tamassa. Food for us was mostly Playa for lunch and dinner and the main restaurant for brekfast..Our room had one for the 3 pools just in front so made it easy taking out daughter there. The beach was right there too so easy movment from pool, beach, bars and the restaurants..

The food and drinks were excellent at all places , i would recommend the all inclusive , it does get a bit pricey if not..Friendly and Helpful that was all the staff, our daughter was loved by all the staff members ,they could not get enough of her..

The make up of the guess at Tamassa when we were there was mainly French and Indians, everyone was supper friendly and all look to be having a great holiday!

All on all we had a relaxing holiday on a beautiful island in a excellent hotel, what more can one ask for on a holiday...

Tamassa we will be back soon!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank bankfurt
Ashvin B, Manager at Tamassa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2012

Dear Bankfurt,

Thank you for such lovely comments.

We are only delighted that your break away went on just great and the family and yourself have thoroughly enjoyed.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I am on my last night of a weeks stay at the Tamassa hotel. I booked it having read the reviews and it didn't disappoint far from it my experience has been excellent.

The staff were extremely pleasant and Did everything they could to make my stay an enjoyable one.

The resort is very spacious, light and airy.3 lovely swimming pools Plenty of sun beds and areas to sit. I walked to the neighbouring hotels which seemed very cramped and dark with a crowded beach area (Heritage and Movenpick).I never once felt crowded by the other guests

The bedrooms are very modern and have a good flat screen tv coffee/tea making facilities and a very spacious bathroom. The doors opened up from the bedroom to the bathroom and create a very large area.

The decor in the whole area is very moden and uncluttered

I ate mostly at the Playa restaurant. The food was well presented and very tasty and I had top quality beef but also enjoyed the fish and Mauritian specialities.
The music in the evening was enjoyable and varied

I am not a fan of buffets but what I had was fine breakfasts excellent the egg chef was one of the quickest and best I have experienced. The bread and croissants were 'to die for' must be the French influence.

There are very few English people staying at this resort which is a shame.

The boathouse offered a variety of activities eg glass bottom boat kayaking etc but the weather was a bit windy for waterskiing . I booked a catamaran trip through the boathouse which was much cheaper than going through the tour operator and seemed to go every day.

People have commented about the beach but it really didn't matter. I have stayed in Flic en Flac before and the beach area is similar

Wifi in the room was a great help and I took my I pad with me. Sometimes there were connection problems but not very often.

All in all a lovely hotel. Well worth a visit if you are in Mauritius

Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank goostreygal

Dear Goosteygal,

Thank you!!

We at Tamassa have concentrated all our efforts for the past two years to upgrade our software, that is our team members, and today we are delighted to read that the software is running to our guests satisfaction - thank you.

ashvin

Reviewed 31 May 2012

My wife and I returned to Tamassa for our one year anniversary having spent our honeymoon there the previous year, and we once again had a lovely time, just a shame that the 2 weeks flew by so quickly.

All our expectations were once again met and exceeded upon.
We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a premium room with a beautiful ocean view on the second floor, as on our previous stay, the rooms are tidy, spacious and clean and its equipped with everything you need to make your vacation enjoyable.

The food which was good to start with has definitely improved in flavour since our last stay, possibly because of the addition to the herb garden, a nice touch to the resort.

The only problem we had was with housekeeping only cleaning our room at 4PM, however, this was soon rectified after a chat with reception.

Our one point of disappointment is that we were unable to watch a movie on the beach - one of the activities that occurs some evenings. I understand that this is weather dependant, however the one evening it was a completely clear starry night without so much as a breeze, yet we were informed that they had moved the movie to the teens club :-( But I guess that not something to complain about since most other resorts don’t have such an activity.

All things considered we would definitely return to Tamassa in a heartbeat, the friendly, helpful staff is probably the thing that stands out most and we would like to thank Priya, Ooma, and Niha at reception, Pooya at Show, Kamlesh at show and playa, the B-bar staff and the general manager for making our stay so enjoyable. And giving us a memorable anniversary with a special dinner for the two of us.

Thank you Tamassa!!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Riaan d

Dear Riaan D,

What a lovely review!!

As you can see, we are always trying to be different and as mentioned previously, our team members are being creative....not only in terms of hardware but also culinary - flavor is a must and i invite all our future guests to visit the herbs garden to learn, smell and taste the local produce.

ashvin

Reviewed 28 May 2012

My Girlfriend and I booked the Tamassa after reading reviews here and booked up for 10 days over May. Upon arriving teh hotel was amazing, checking in at reception while overlooking the pool and bar with an infinity pool right in front of you. Then after a brief welcome and overveiw of the site we was led my a lovely young lady to our room.
Accomodation***
The room itself was adequate and I had no complaints other that hte Ipod speaker dock didn't work, it charged my ipod but that was it, reception was informed but nothing changed, I wasn't that bothered as we didn't spend enough time in the room to need it to much but it would of been helpful here and there.
Staff****
The staff at the hotel were Superb and couldnt be faulted apart from one, who I won't mention but a smile doen't go amiss when your working in hospitality. Our Cleaner was one of the nicest most friendliest woman you could ever meet who would do anything for you should you just ask. Also another visitor who believes that Runga is the person to go to if you need to know anything, this guy loves his country and loves to help others out. If he isn't already he should be on part of the sales team.
food/resturants***
I can't see what other visitors saw in the playa resturant of an evening, the food was dire, the food itself would be comparable to a slightly better harvester, although the presentation of the food was good. for a hotel with only one al a carte resturant, it needs more variety and more selection on the all inclusive range. lunchtimes is where it excelled.
the Show/buffet resturant was a little samey at times, and it wasn't until my last 2 nights did I know there was an indian food selection around the corner away from the main food. If I'd of been informed of this I would if chosen from there everynight. One of the staff did tell me it was indian food and tried to get me away but I'm not sure if was more of a warning that it might not be to my taste or that I wasn't allowed to eat it, if so, why not? I ate it anyway, it was the best food I'd had all the time I was there. the bread in Tamassa is so addictive, I think its made on site so is fresh and tasty.
Entertainment***
where to start? theres not much to say as there isn't much of it. saturday night was the best night with the Sega dancers, as for the rest of the week its a band that play every night, Which is Great but I want to be entertained, I want to see a show or something and this lacked serverly.
if you enjoy sitting on the beach then you can easily walk to one of the other hotels either side as tamassa doesn't really have one.
I would recomend going out on the glass bottom boat as I enjoyed this with something that is provided in the hotel.

I've been on many all inclusive resorts arund the world and this one does fall way behind all of them which is a shame as I was hoping that Maurtius was going to blow my mind.
Also this is a mostly french visiting Hotel (thats how it seemed during my stay) so be aware that should you join in with any games be prepared to feel a little segregated unless other brits Join in.
I wouldn't totally write The Tamassa off, it has some great points, the staff for one, the pools for another. Its just hte little bits that lack, I couldn't see how this hotel advertised itself as 'young and Dynamic' but its a great getaway and the South West is a lovely part of the island.

Room Tip: for a sea veiw ask for a room on the first or second floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jamie W

Dear Jamie W,

Thank you for having spared some time in sharing your experience among us.

We are happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay among and we are also very sad to read that some points were not to your expectations.

Again, i invite all guests to please speak to us whilst being on the property so that we may, first all, make your stay outstanding and secondly, for us to be able to improve our service as it is only via feed backs that we can do better.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

Stayed at the Tamassa In April 2012. We had never been to Mauritius before and decided to go after we could not get to the Maldives. The Hotel was excellent and the staff very helpful. The room we had was really nice, with a huge bathroom. Only a minute or two to the beach or any of the hotel amenities. The food in the Buffet restaurant was good, however as with all buffet meals you tend to have a bit of everything (makes you feel like you have not had a proper meal). Try to stick with one meal style. When in the Buffet restaurant the drinks were promptly served. The bars around the hotel were good (if you are on all inclusive ask for the snack menu at the beach bar.... great samosas!). We ate at the Playa restaurant most lunchtimes and enjoyed it very much. After arriving we decided to book the Playa every other night (no problem). The Pools at the hotel were large and not overcrowded. All pools had a different style and suitable for all age ranges. The island is beautiful and well worth exploring. We got a taxi from the hotel, it is much cheaper to do this than use the holiday reps trips (I know as we did both). The taxi drivers know all the spots you will want to see and you book them for half a day or full day. Watersports are plenty at the hotel. Scuba diving very good. No it wasn't the Maldives experience but it far exceeded my expectations. Would I go back/ YES. Oh and if on all inclusive the minibar in your room is included.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank scujm

Dear Scujm,

Thank you for having shared your experience among us and not to say that we are extremely happy to read that you have had a great stay, great dives and plenty to eat (including the special samoosas :-) )

Thank you again.

24.0 km away
Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa
Hilton Mauritius Resort & Spa
#6 of 18 in Flic En Flac

Been to Tamassa Resort? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK