Stayed at this hotel in November and did not want to leave. We had a standard garden room which was opposite the spa. The room itself was on the dark side due to trees outside but that was not a problem. The rooms were large with a nice jacuzzi bath and seperate large shower. The beds were on the hard side although it seems this depends on what rooms you have.
We had a free massage at the spa which was one of the best I have had. The spa is especially nice in the evening when it gets dark, as the jacuzzi is outside and the soft lighting makes it a tranquil experience.
The infinity blue was our favourite restaurant at lunch and in the evening. Here you can have a delicious lobster and the best ever desserts. The restaurant shuts at 2.30 at lunch time and they will not sit you after this time.
Our next favourite was the seven colours which is noveau cuisine. You can only visit this once for free within the all inclusive package.
The Chateau is also worth a visit just for the location and ambience. Again you can only visit once on your all inclusive. You do have to pay for your drinks but this should not put you off. We had a coke and a beer and it was about £6
The only problem is that you need to book these restaurants in advance. Based on other reviews on this site we booked the same day we arrived and managed to book what we wanted.
The drinks were plentiful including cocktails and champagne although at times the service was slow. This was not a problem as you could go to the bar and order yourself. The music from the live bands was good entertainment.
Our only complaints were that towards the end of our holiday the resort was getting really crowded and it lost the peaceful and tranquil atmosphere. When it rained on a few days the bar got really crowded and we had nowhere to sit so had to go to the spa to pass the time.
We really cant wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the unspoiled wild south of the island, Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort is the ideal place to experience authentic Mauritius and relax in harmony with nature either for just the two of you, or with the whole family. This luxury hotel combines elegance with the magic of Africa and offers high-end accommodations and an exceptional range of facilities: 18 hole golf course overlooking the ocean, two of the most beautiful well being centres of the Indian Ocean area with the Seven Colours Spa and the Umuzi Fitness Centre, a unique concept in kids' clubs and privileged access to a colonial manor house and a nature reserve. A variety of unique delights to leave you with unforgettable holidays in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, Ctrip TA, Agoda and HRS so you can book your Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heritage Awali Golf And Spa Resort
- Heritage Awali Golf Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Hotel Bel Ombre
- Heritage Resort Bel Ombre
- Heritage Mauritius
- Heritage Golf Spa Mauritius
- Heritage Awali Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Bel Ombre