1,773 results
All reviews la plage outdoor bath anne lise beach villa private garden butler team butler service special thanks club car kids club direct access to the beach coffee machine spa team customer experience half board front office huge bed
Reviewed 12 April 2014

We spent 7 wonderful, relaxing and unforgettable nights.
My husband and myself booked this hotel for our 20th years anniversary and felt on a honeymoon all over again:
- luxurious, wild and amazing location
- friendly, helpful but "almost invisible" staff (a special thank to Ashrad, Anne Lise, Sophie, Johnny and Prithiviraj) that will go to any length just to make you feel welcomed
- stunning architecture and colourful decor
- top cuisine, mixing local and international recipes with a french artistic touch
- lounge bar with evening music (great Sweet Ladies......)
I must say one of the best hotel experience ever
Thank you So much...

Room Tip: We had the 202.....a stunning Beach Villa right in front of the sea
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Btravel05
SoMauritius_BelOmbre, General Manager at Sofitel So Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Madam,

There are not enough words to convey our appreciation for your review! Receiving feedback such as yours from our treasured guests is highly motivational. Please be ensured that I will convey your views to our hotel team especially to Arshad, Anne Lise, Sophie, Johnny and Prithiviraj.

Affording our guests a fittingly comfortable and having so memorable experience is just what aimed for in our hospitality quest.
Thank you once again for choosing Sofitel So Mauritius and we hope to be given the honour of hosting you again soon!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We spent four nights at Bel Ombre. The rooms are large, ultra modern with big, bright, bold colors. The bed was massive and was surrounded by these movable side cushion/seats that you had to either crawl over to get in bed or move out of the way. Really stupid and non-functional. For the cost of the room and its enormous size, it lacked a comfortable chair to sit in with a proper reading light. The room had a patio with an ugly outdoor bath tub made of concrete and lined with small ceramic tiles that I avoided due to all the mosquitos and a small, rather ugly table and two chairs. Never used the outdoor lounge chairs on the grass because of the flying insects. Did, however, enjoy the beach, enjoyed looking for shells and enjoyed our lunch at the outdoor beach cafe. The food in this restaurant was far better than the food in the main dining room. The breakfast buffet was very nice, but the dinner menu was the same every evening. The menu and food were unremarkable. Forget ordering a mixed cocktail or wine, the prices are absurd!
For a Sofitel property, we came away a bit disappointed. The food and drinks were off, the room was decorated in an interesting style that was cold and uncomfortable. The staff was friendly but lacked a comfort in interacting with the guests.

The spa was very nice. The spa therapists could use more training on creating a quiet environment with quiet movements and different techniques for deep massage. The amount of time spent putting oil on the head and massaging the scalp is a bit overdrawn and unpleasant.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank heartstoyou
SoMauritius_BelOmbre, General Manager at Sofitel So Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Dear Guests

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent stay.

I understand the your point of view on ‘comfort’ and ‘décor’ and I apologise for the deception of the facilities and services offered to you a during your stay with us.

Your comments regarding the culinary experience, exhaustive prices for wine card and spa experience will be shared with our teams to show concern about creating the best experience for each of our guests.
We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in our property and that when you next stay with us, we will able with our collaborators to show you the true So Experience.
Antonio Ferreira De Sousa,
General Director

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Magnifique hôtel. Rooms are spacious and private pool!!!! Beautiful view. Restaurant is very Nice. Amazing breakfast. Staff very friendly and helpful with us. Nice Island for lovely stay.the concierge is very professionnal

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mjl R

Dear Mjl R,
Many thanks indeed for such a fantastic review.
We are very happy that you have enjoyed your holiday with and that our team has been delivering to our valued guests a high quality of service to make it the most memorable.
Your comments will be shared with our collaborators to encourage them thriving for excellence.
Again thank you for your encouraging feedback.
We are thoroughly looking forward to your next stay.

Antonio Ferreira de Sousa

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The welcome was different, you can already feel the difference of the 5 stars plus. Instead of the usual lobby where we have to fill in the forms, we were given towels to get refreshed and then driven in the golf cart directly to our rooms.

I was impressed by the room, what I like most was the feather bed, fluffy comfort, like a cocoon. The front view was a garden with an open- air tub, there were showers inside and outside and i like the color of the room.

I like the deep blue color of the swimming pool, the big trees behind it, makes me feel so close to nature. As for the food, I did not have to walk a lot and I really enjoyed the fish soup of the dinner and the fish, catch of the day for lunch :)

While the men were busy talking, we 4 ladies had a wonderful time dancing near the bar. Thanks Sofitel So Mauritius, Bel Ombre, Savanne District, Mauritius, for the sweet and memorable stay :)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
SoMauritius_BelOmbre, General Manager at Sofitel So Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Thank you for your amazing feedback.

I am glad to read your valuable feedback while you enjoyed every moment with us which ended to a 'sweet and memorable stay '.

Along with my team, I hope you will keep good memories of the moments shared among us and shall be pleased to welcome you again in his luxuriant paradise.

We look forward to have another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

The resort totally over my expectation.I lived here for a week.First of all I should thank Poonam and Sarah. They made us feel like home. Sarah gave us a perfect instruction during we arrived at the hotel. Poonam's chinese really help us a lot during our vocation. This is the best service I ever met.
The good side:
(1)Room decoration is the same as photo.
(2)Service is perfect.Everybody is smiling.
(3)As a Chinese customer, Poonam really help us a lot

The bad side :
(1)Breakfast is not so good. Everyday we have same breakfast , so I didn't have my breakfast in the last day!
(2) The food in FLAMBOYANT really frustrated us. No matter the Chinese set menu or French style menu. I thought 5 stars resort should have better food.
(3)Always strong wind in the beach ! Sand there is worse than the public beach near the hotel !
(4)Pool is too small !

Room Tip: Rooms and service are excellent. Food could be better
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank xiaomeng y

Dear Guests,

We thank for having chosen the Sofitel So Mauritius for your holidays and your feedback with regards to your experience.

It is indeed a pleasure read your review and your constructive comments which will be well considered in order to enhance your SO Experience. With pleasure, we will address your thanks to our well deserve collaborators who have been very helpful and offered you a high service quality.

We hope you will keep nice memories of your stay with us and look forward to have another opportunity to serve you.