1,083 results
All reviews animal orphanage horse riding william holden beautiful hotel southern hemisphere hole golf course the hotel offers hedge maze main building breakfast and lunch mount kenya the cottages stunning views bush dinner colobus monkeys turn down service amazing place
Reviewed 15 February 2017

It is so unexpected to find a hotel of this calibre in this area - emerald green lawns surround the hotel and are home to peacocks and marabou storks. Spectacular views of Mount Kenya dominate the rear of the hotel, which has a 9 hole golf course, a maze, a tennis court and a swimming pool. The bar is beautifully decorated with horns, zebra skins with an elegant African feeling to it. Rooms and cottages are comfortable, clean and luxurious. Food is good but I would prefer it if it wasn't buffet at lunchtime. A lovely place to relax and unwind.

Room Tip: One of the suites in the main hotel or one of the cottages
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Mercy2015, Executive Assistant to General Manager at Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club during your safari.

We are glad we were able to make your stay memorable and our hotel was the most incredible place you have stayed at. Your kind comments are highly valued and will eagerly be passed on to our team.

We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

While on tour in Nanyuki, we popped in for lunch at Fairmont Mt. Kenya Safari Club on 3rd January, 2017. From the moment we got in, our reception by the staff was very warm. They allowed us to walk around and have a feel of the place while taking photos. The place is very beautiful and I loved the country side vibes.

Gerald, was kind enough to give us the history of the hotel while he was attending to his horse, Creeper.

Food served for lunch was divine; from the starters down to the dessert. I look forward to going back and spending a night or two at Fairmont.

Fantastic place!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
Mercy2015, Executive Assistant to General Manager at Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club.

We appreciate your kind words and positive compliments.

We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club.

Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Finally made it to the famous Fairmont Mt Kenya Safari Club. And I say finally because for one, I have heard so many good reviews about it but also because it took me more than 10 calls to get a booking. I had been trying to book since the beginning of the year 2017. I kept being redirected to other lines or told that I will be called back but no one ever called me back. When I finally found someone to do the booking, the weekend I wanted was fully booked. Anyway, I decided to change the date and managed to get a booking.

Arrival at the place: There is valet parking though the valet forgot to put the hand brake after parking. There was a refreshment (fruit juice) for each guest on arrival which was great after the almost 4 hour drive from Nairobi. Check in was smooth and fast. We were advised to drive to our room since there is parking outside the room.

Activities: Horse riding, find your way through the maze(amazing) , fishing, bouncing castle and sand pit for kids, hoola hooping, table tennis, swimming, bike riding....and alot more I haven't mentioned. And this is what I liked about the place, you can never ever get bored. There is so much to do but the time is so little. This is the perfect place for those with kids.

Food: The food was amazing. Lots of variety and fresh food. From seafood to barbecue to baked goods. It was top notch. The food was served buffet style so it was self service which is ok, unless you are seated in the inner dining room which means you will walk up and down alottt!!! Anyway by the 2nd meal we were wise enough to sit near the buffet. One thing to note is the place is very very busy. Which goes to show how popular it is. I hear it is always fully booked over the weekend. Remember this was off peak season but it was still fully booked. Anyway, for me, this meant the service was not personalized. We sent for drinks and a baby chair during dinner but the baby chair never came so i had to wrestle with my 1.5 year old while eating dinner which meant I hardly enjoyed the meal. We also had to remind the waiters to set our table and bring our drinks. The waiters were literally running up and down especially during dinner which was chaotic. There is a particular waiter who was serving us but he kept bypassing us as he left the kitchen to attend to the table next to us...I can suspect why because this happens to locals alot in some hotels but since I am not 100% sure, I will leave it at that.

Rooms: The rooms were very clean though we asked for extra blankets but they were not brought. Though the hot water bottles made up for it. The water in the showers was lukewarm which was not pleasant as the place is so cold and the tiolet was not flushing well.

All in all, I would still give it another try..maybe when there are less people.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of the Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club!

We really do appreciate your feedback, and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, please accept our sincere apologies for the few hiccups you experienced during your stay.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

The hotel is luxurious. Well manicured lawns, expansive grounds that my kid really loved.
The buffet was not as hot as it should be and food was not tasty. We found it bland. The live kitchen during breakfast (eggs, pancakes) and dinner/lunch (chapatti, pasta) should be at two stations especially when guests are many. We had to wait for long to make orders.
The waiting staff were either few or busy elsewhere. During meal times it was really hard to get their attention, plates would pile up on the table before they were cleared.
We loved the fire place in the room. A really nice touch since the place is quite cold.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the shortfalls you experienced on your visit. Needless to say, these are not the standards we aspire to at Fairmont Mount Kenya safari Club. Rest assured the matters will be taken up with our team for improvement.

We do hope that you will allow us an opportunity to restore your faith in us.

We look forward to welcome you back to Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club in the near future.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

The management and spa wrongly booked us twice after we had pre-payed. Rooms were not cleaned all day, asked for firewood which took over an hour to come!!!and lack of apology and remorse from the team.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review of the Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club.
We really do appreciate your feedback.

Thank you also for your comments in regard to our housekeeping and activities desk shortfalls on your stay. We have discussed with our Leadership Team and we have recapped our housekeeping and activities desk service standards as well as our guest expectations. Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and our most sincere apologies for the lack of attention to detail on this occasion.

We do hope that you will allow us an opportunity to restore your faith in us.