Enjoyed staying here 2 nights during my safari. I needed some convincing to include this in my itinerary but my local operator suggested it over staying at some other places, in what is known as the Kenyan highlands [ larger area around Mount Kenya].
Note that Shoor clearly told me this is Not a safari location, so one should not come here expecting to see wildlife and get safari gamedrives ! I selected this because I did not mind just relaxing at a nice place towards the end of my trip before heading back to Nairobi.
The property itself is high quality, well appointed and yet still has a basic , rustic feel to it, almost like a very large , stately house that kept on getting expanded. We stayed at the William Holden cottages which are detacehd from the main club building. These have 2 rooms and a living room in the middle with a TV and fireplace - so great for a honeymoon even though one room was wasted - but worth it anyway because the cottage opens up directly to a view of Mount Kenya, with the club gardens right in front of our rooms.
Plenty to do as well which is why 02 nights should be a minimum stay. There is a small 9 hole golf course that is made of short holes - fun to spend some time here, but they could improve the condition of the course.
Food was of good quality, I'd say to 4 star European standards, so while you enjoy good meals, do'nt expect Michelin star levels ! [ which really one should not expect in the first place when on a safari in the middle of the African savannah !
Overall we really enjoyed it here and will some day go back for sure.
Already missing the stunning views of Mount Kenya : (
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With magnificent views of majestic Mount Kenya, the Fairmont Safari Club's 120 luxuriously appointed guest rooms, set in over 100 acres of landscaped gardens, offer a unique blend of comfort, relaxation and adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Jovago.com so you can book your Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club Hotel Nanyuki
- Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Hotel
- Mount Safari Club Kenya
- Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club Nanyuki Town