“Love this place”

US$ 345.00*
Yosemite and Glacier Point Tour from Los Angeles by Train
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Many climbers consider Yosemite Valley among the world's very best climbing sites.
Lakewood, Colorado
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Love this place”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

They call Yosemite the Jewel of the Park System for good reason. It is spectacular. Lots of places to go within walking distnace of the shuttle stops. Go in spring during a full moon and you will view a "Lunar Rainbow" over the falls at night. Just stunning. Advise making reservations a year in a day in advance to ensure you are able to get a place.

Visited June 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Yosemite day trip”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Went on one of the free days. Spring waterfalls were amazing. Even though Yosemite has a lot of visitors, I find that I can always be alone if I just leave the crowd. Besides the view, enjoyed birds, deer and watching people. View is stunning and I love the paths and the flat easy hikes in the valley. Hubby and some of his fitter family took an 8.5 mile hike from Glazier Pt. They had a blast and even hiked under a waterfall. Enjoyed the Pizza at Curry village after a long day. Took the free shuttle bus back from one of my hikes and the driver was funny. (In the summer --this is a best bet as parking is terrible and it saves all the cars from driving all over the valley)

Danbury, CT
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Nice and Quiet”
Reviewed 28 April 2012

this is where you can ride free shuttle which will take you around the valley and you can get down at different stops and enjoy the attraction.. you will also find gift shops, nice restaurants, hotels, information place.. etc.. etc..

Visited November 2011
1 Thank GourAmit
Brentwood
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Robb Hirsch Photo Tour - Yosemite Valley CA.”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Just had a phenomenal photographic tour with Robb Hirsch at Yosemite Valley. Felt like a personalized class just for me. Managed to take photos that I would never have thought possible & honsetly only dreamed of. My skill was very basic but I left feeling that I had learened new skills that will last a lifetime. My results demonstrate that taking Robb's class has really made a positive difference.
Would highly recommend this tour to anyone looking for personal attention even in a group setting.
David K. CA.

1 Thank David K
Los Angeles, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“If you haven't been, go.”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

My daughter and I camped at North Pines campground for a night and had a fantastic time. If you can bring bikes to Yosemite Valley, do. We rode as much as possible on our bikes which was a wonderful way to get around the valley. Next time I go back, I hope to camp in the Upper Pines campground as close as possible to the far end of the campground.

Then, I hope to wake up in the morning, eat a quick breakfast, then walk to the Vernal Falls trailhead. Hitting the trailhead early will help you avoid the crowds on this extremely popular hike. My daughter and I made it to the trailhead at 8:15am and there weren't that many hikers we encountered on the way to the top of Vernal Falls. We headed down from the top at about 10:00am and there was a steady stream of people all the way down. I was glad we hit the trailhead as early as we did, and even earlier would have been good. The hike is amazingly beautiful and is worth it even with a large crown of hikers, but if you can camp close and hit the trailhead early, I think that is preferable.