“Cosy”
Cozy living room with massive granite fireplace
The fireplace and cedar tree are the centerpieces of the home Looking back at the living room from the center of the home
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Cozy living room with massive granite fireplace
The fireplace and cedar tree are the centerpieces of the home
Looking back at the living room from the center of the home
Spiral staircase leads to the center of the home
Open layout kitchen with windows overlooking the secluded property
Closer view of kitchen area
French doors from kitchen area lead out onto deck with fantastic vies
Enjoy morning coffee, afternoon breezes or sunsets from the deck
Dining table with huge windows overlooking the property
Master suite (king sized bed) with private bath and entrance towards hot tub
Hallway leading to the loft room
Loft room with olympic queen sized bed.  Ladder leads to loft
Loft bed with skylight above
Triangle room with queen sized bed
Hot tub close to the house
Unique outdoor solar shower next to the hot tub
Carport under the house or park up by the hot tub to avoid the stairs
Plenty of places to relax at the TreeHouse!!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Ayesha J
“Cosy”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

Bob was an excellent host. Great place - bass lake nearby is a vacation wonderful vacation spot . The location is not too far from the park. Breakfast variety was good. Relaxing stay. Would go back

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Sdinnien
Ambler, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful cabin!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 for a stay in June 2014
people found this review helpful

We were choosing between Tenya Lodge and renting a cabin and I'm so happy we chose the cabin. It's 35 minutes closer to the valley, was immaculate, and had plenty of space. Our teenagers loved the hot tub at night after a full day of hiking and the cabin has a great selection of games we played each night. The cabin is essentially brand new and was extremely clean when we arrived. The worst thing I can say about it is that they didn't have paper towels there. If that's the worst thing, I think you're doing alright. Would highly recommend this to anyone going to Yosemite.

Travelling group: Teenagers
Sedonahik...
Jamestown NY
“Loved the Tree House well worth the drive”
Reviewed 17 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

Okay I want to qualify my 5 stars based on some other comments. I live in a very nice house that was built in the late 1890s so you can’t make old new but it still can be very nice. The Tree house is not brand new but that does not mean it still can’t be awesome. I read some of the other reviews and I won’t hold it against the house for being lived in. We were there in May of 2014. We needed a place to finish our week at Yosemite and this worked out great. The house was a little big for my wife and I but the price was perfect compared to staying in the park. Travel time even with construction to the valley parking lot was about 50 minutes, but it’s an awesome drive. I made the drive multiple times that week and never got tired of the view. Rent a nice convertible Mustang or Camaro and embrace the drive enjoy the drive along the river and in and out of the Valley floor. I doubt your commute to work is this spectacular. You have to be inside the house to truly appreciate how nice/cool/neat it is. This would be a great place for families. Kids would love this house. Couples would love the great room with giant couch and fireplace. As mentioned by some of the other post Hot Tub was awesome. Loved the view of the stars from the tub even watched a distant thunderstorm one night. As older hikers, making the drive back to a warm hot tub is priceless. If I could talk my teenagers in to going to Yosemite the treehouse would be the perfect family escape. Great laundry room as well. We only used the Master bedroom but the bed was very comfortable. Again old tired hikers appreciate these things. My days of sleeping on rocks and sharing cold showers are hopefully over. The Treehouse is well worth the drive and of course you are paying probably half of what it cost to stay in the park and you have the place all to yourself. My wife and I were celebrating our 8th anniversary and we both agreed this was the best vacation of our lives. Our relaxing evenings at the Treehouse and sunrise breakfast on the deck played a part in that. The owner Todd was very responsive and we had no problems with anything in the house he also gave us great suggestions to help make our first trip to Yosemite a wonderful one.
Travel tips buy gas in Mariposa which is only about 15 minutes away I never bought gas in the park. Even Midpines gas was pretty reasonable. Every time I passed reasonable gas I filled up whether I needed it or not. If you got to Mariposa Grove you can get groceries over in Oakhurst or Marripssa Even Groceries in the Park Grocery store aren’t too bad we grilled steak and chicken and also went to Happy Burger in Mariposa one night. Don’t let location be negative again the drive is beautiful and a lot less painful than $500 a night for just a room in the park.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The house is unique very nice secluded Hot tub was awsome
Liked least: Nothing worth mentioning
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
shutterbu...
Mililani, Hawaii
“Wish I could rate this property 3 1/2 stars”
Reviewed 18 November 2013 for a stay in October 2013
people found this review helpful

My husband and I searched high and low for the perfect property for a post deployment honeymoon and when we came across the treehouse we knew we had found the perfect spot. We wanted someplace quiet and secluded with a nice fireplace and hot tub that wouldn't cost us an arm and a leg. The treehouse fit the bill to a tee.

The house itself wasn't quite as refined as I expected. It was more rustic and worn around the edges than it appears in the photos. But it was cozy and comfortable and had all the amenities you could need- beautiful fireplace (and plenty of firewood), a nice hot tub (though the lights along the walkway to the hot tub were not working during our stay), huge deck, dishwasher, washer & dryer and a gas grill. The king size bed in the master bedroom was very comfortable and the house was immaculately clean.

However, the property was farther from the park than I had expected. It was 30-40 minutes to the park entrance and another 15 minutes from there to the valley. I know it states as much on the property listing but it is 30-40 minutes on dark and winding mountain roads surrounded by wildlife. It was not a relaxing drive back each night and the distance wore on us over our week long stay there. There is only one store/gas station in El Portal between the park and the property where you will pay top dollar for everything. The closest town is Mariposa which is about a 10 minute drive in the other direction. They have a grocery store there and a gas station where you will pay a dollar less a gallon than in El Portal. There is also a Napa auto store where you can rent tire chains rather than purchase them if you are travelling during a season when they may be required.

But the location is not my reason for the less than perfect rating on a property loaded with positives. The owners- while very pleasant to deal with in making our reservation- are very strict with the rental policies. When I first contacted them about renting the property I explained that it was for a delayed honeymoon and that my husband was in the military and just returned from a 9 month deployment. I enquired if they would offer any sort of military discount. They happily agreed to take 15% off our stay. However, this is a deal offered on their website for any rentals during the month of October. This trip was very difficult for us to plan. Aside from the fact it was initially delayed due to my husbands deployment being moved up, once home he had difficulty getting leave dates approved and I was in touch with the owners multiple times to switch dates. They were aware of the complications and accommodated the changes. As the time approached, the government shut down and as a result the National Parks did as well. After over a year of waiting and months of reworking the details, I did not want to cancel the trip but also didn't want to spend so much money and not be able to do the things we had planned to do at Yosemite. I contacted the lodge where we had made reservations for the first leg of our trip in Sequoia NP and was told we would be able to cancel up until the day prior if the parks did not reopen. However, when I contacted the owners of the treehouse they refused to allow us to cancel. At this point the reservation had been paid in full. As a place listed as the "Yosemite Treehouse" I felt this was incredibly unfair; and more so considering the owners were aware of the difficulty we had in planning our honeymoon. Luckily the parks reopened just in time for our vacation but our excitement about staying at the treehouse was a bit tarnished by the owners refusal to consider our predicament. Additionally, once we arrived we were greeted by little notes posted throughout the house (don't use fake logs in the fireplace, instructions for maintaining the hot tub- we had to add chemicals every other day, don't slide pots and pans along the surface of the gas stove, etc) as well as a lengthy list of things we had to do before departing. We had to do the laundry, do the dishes, clean the kitchen, take out the trash, etc; under threat of not receiving a refund of our security deposit. It was explained that check out was 11am and check in 4pm and the cleaning person could only accomplish so much in the time allotted to prepare the house for the next guests. However, if you are going to charge me a $250 cleaning fee I don't feel I should have to do so much of the cleaning on my own. In my opinion they should have a second set of sheets and towels to swap out as guests arrive and depart so that the cleaning person does not have to do the laundry in the few hour window. I am generally a tidy person and would never have left the place in complete disarray but I have never had to strip down the beds at any place I have stayed in the past.

Overall we had a very nice stay at the treehouse. It is a very well appointed property that had everything we wanted, needed and more. You would pay more than twice the nightly rate to find somewhere in/near the park with all of the amenities this place offers. The drive to and from the park can drain on you over an extended stay. But it was the rental policies that were the most significant drawback to our enjoyment of this property.

Liked best: Privacy & Seclusion and hot tub
Liked least: location, owners cancellation policy when parks were closed
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
HoosierDa...
North Central Indiana
“Nice place to stay-Great Hot Tub!”
Reviewed 9 November 2011 for a stay in October 2011
people found this review helpful

This home is about 35 minutes from Yosemite's closest entrance and another 15 minutes to the valley, and about an hour from the South Sequoia Grove entrance. It is a nice, but not elegant home. We found everything working well, except the dishwasher. The best thing about this home is awesome hot tub. It's perfect after a day of hiking around the park. Our kids were very comfortable in their rooms and enjoyed the wi-fi.

Liked best: The Hot Tub
Liked least: The drive to Yosemite
Travelling group: Family with Teenagers
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing