“Awesome sushi and ramen”

Kizuna Sushi and Ramen
Reserve with OpenTable
Kizuna Sushi and Ramen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 209 Restaurants in Vienna
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 25
Description: At Kizuna, we feature sushi that is of the highest quality from the rice used, the nori rolled, and the grades/freshness of the fish to the decades of Japanese-style training our executive sushi chef has. To accompany the sushi, we produce ramen with all our soups cooked for many hours and made from scratch, allowing us to control the quality of the ingredients, so we can ensure that we aren't filling you with artificial chemical compounds known as MSG, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, etc.
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Among the best sushi I've ever had and my kids loved the ramen. A really varied menu. Very easy to order too much and spend a lot! Not cheap, but the food is exceptionally good.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

This place was not what I expected. It's unassuming and almost hidden from Route 7, but when you walk in it's super modern. I met a few friends for Happy Hour. I don't eat sushi or a lot of Asian flavored cuisine, therefore I didn't partake in smothered tater tots and edemame ordered for the table. The wine, cocktail and beer selection was fairly decent though. Everyone was able to order something different and be satisfied. The crowd appeared to be either work crew grabbing dinner/drinks or date night. Cool atmosphere, but this wouldn't be my first choice for a meet up.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

I come out to the Vienna/Tysons area occasionally for work and I've gotten to try just about all the Japanese places in the area. Kizuna is by far the best experience. It just has an excellent combination of ambiance, food quality, price, convenience, and service.

The decor is colorful and warm. It's spacious, stylish but comfortable. The other popular places seem so small and compact. I'm always wary of undesirable body parts brushing up against me or my table, because everyone is so tightly packed into a tight space.

The sushi rice is definitely the best. They don't skimp like the other places and the quality of the texture really stands out after a a few visits. They say they get a lot of their fish Fed-ex'ed in from Hawaii and the Pacific Northwest. They have a wide variety of fish and a good-sized sushi roll menu. They also do their own ramen soups from scratch without using chemical artificial flavors. For drinks, they have a picture menu of many sakes, but their beer selection has got to be the best for a Japanese place. Besides having your prerequisite Japanese beers, they have a bunch of different, seasonal, limited-release type beers to wash everything down with.

The convenience is their own private parking lot. The service has been fine and genuine. They're not afraid to own up to their mistakes and always make sure things are handled professionally.. It's not Michelin-star service, but it's also not Michelin-star priced. In fact, they execute on all these dimensions better than most, but still have a competitive price. They're newer, so maybe they feel they have something to prove. The other places by their looks and physical states have been around a long time and are probably just coasting on their expired reputations. Philosophically speaking, shouldn't stores always work hard to keep my business?

Anyways, if you're looking for great sushi and homemade ramen soups, you certainly can't leave Kizuna off your list to visit or consider.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

There were 4 of us and no one left hungry or disappointed. Sat at a great table. Server was awesome and knowledgeable and not afraid to give suggestions.
Had a lot of sushi and some sashimi. So crazy how distracted i was. I forgot to take pix. Sushi was so tasty and the bonito was like butter so fresh.
Will so go back.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Beautiful upscale restaurant in the Tysons Corner area, in its own lot, a little away from the busy area, hidden in the service road. Plenty of parking spaces.

I had the Tiger Vine sushi (octopus, tuna, yellowtail, tempura crunchies, sriracha inside, draped with avocado & shrimp, mango glaze & BBQ eel sauce). It is good but nothing to write home about. The taste is very mild to the point of being bland. It lacks the complexity of texture (I expected the octopus, the tuna, the yellowtail to show off their flavor, but was disappointed even after I "dissected" the roll and tried each bit separately). It also lacks the kick of the sriracha.

Hubby had the Toro Chashu Ramen with 1/2 an egg. It is perfectly seasoned, sweet, and flavorful. This is one of the best Ramen we have eaten in years (compared with ramens in NYC, Vancouver, LA...)