“Asian Fusion in Delhi”
Review of Kumo

Kumo
Ranked #549 of 2,095 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

We took the family here for a birthday celebration. This is a New York restaurant with two in NY and this third one in Delhi on the Pike. That oddity in itself is reason to give it a try. We had a variety of menu choices and all were acceptable but none were outstanding. The hitachi steak seemed to be the best choice. The rolls were the best in the West (Delhi)but have a ways to go to match those at the east side Mt Lookout Ichiban rolls and prices. The actual building has suffered through many lives as Mexican and the steak restaurants and needs an overhauled interior however for Delhi standards it is nothing glamorous but adequate for the demographics. This was our second visit and both times the place seemed busy. If the local residents patronize Kumo you know that it can't be bad and it offers a healthier choice than Waffle House and Big Boy.

Reviewed 24 July 2016

I have been here 3 times and had excellent food each time. Servers are constantly taking away dishes and asking if you want more water, etc. Some customers may find this intrusive but it didn't bother me. I think the prices are a little high. I spent $70 for 3 people with no cocktails or dessert. The first time I went, I ordered the walnut shrimp, which turned out to be creamed shrimp. I was not disappointed, but I think the description needs to be clearer. The second time, I took advantage of their alcoholic drinks and was delightfully surprised. I could watch the bartender making it while sitting at my table. The drinks were excellent. The third time, my daughter ordered a bento box, which seems to be the best value - a little bit of everything. The food tastes very fresh. Fried items are lightly coated, not soaked in oil.

Reviewed 22 July 2016

Kumo touts itself as an Asian Fusion restaurant. Their menu is very comprehensive and well illustrated. We stopped here for lunch on a Friday. It's a big place but there were only a few customers inside. The West Side / Delhi area is crawling with fast food restaurants so Kumo is a welcome addition. Several previous restaurants failed in this same building; I hope Kumo has better success. They have the usual sushi bar and a variety of other Asian dishes. They also have a full bar.

We had the rock shrimp (actually an appetizer), with soup and shrimp Pad Thai. The rock shrimp were fried in a tempura-like batter, served on a bed of head lettuce with two dipping sauces and were excellent. The won-ton soup was bland. The Pad Thai was OK as a simple noodle dish but, like the soup, much too bland. Pad Thai should have the flavors of fish sauce, limes, brown sugar and tamarind and this dish wasn't even close. Some hot sauce saved the day but the basic dish was disappointing. Perhaps they don't want to offend the taste buds of the Delhi crowd but fusion cooking calls for bold, stand-out flavors and ingredients IMHO. I'd like to try some of the other choices from their extensive menu. PS A glass of Pepsi or iced tea will add $2.50 to your bill which seemed steep.

Reviewed 11 July 2016 via mobile

Great choices, however the menu was o
more seductive than the actual meal. Would recommend, especially for the (west side)
Try it and you decide.

Reviewed 13 June 2016

An absolutely wonderful (and needed) addition to the West side restaurant scene. I was a little nervous about this place, because their location has had a slew of owners & cuisines over the years, and they've all failed. But I was SO impressed with Kumo Asian Fusion and am happy to report I will definitely be going back.

Arrived with my family on a Saturday night around 6pm - no wait, but the place was bustling! Our waiter was very sweet - he brought us the drink menu & the dinner menus. There are so many options here, it was overwhelming. For appetizers, my sister got the crab rangoon - very standard, served with plain mayonnaise; not my preference. I got the vegetable tempura, which was delicious.

For our entrees, my sister got the beef negamaki bento box - this was the best deal ever! 6 pieces of beef wrapped around greens, tempura, shumai, white rice and 6 california roll pieces.

I had the hibachi with chicken & shrimp, also excellent.

For dessert, we got both the fried cheesecake & the fried ice cream. I loved their green tea ice cream! Everything here was delicious, service was superb, and food was delicious.