3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$222
Travelocity$222
travelup.com$268
Traveluro$276
3,326 results
All reviews art deco historic hotel the palm court junior suite rooms are small fountain square valet parking ohio river within walking distance fitness center downtown area orchids lobby conference brunch era closet
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 November 2021

Bed was very comfortable and the room temp was comfortable. My floor was quiet. Bathrooms are quite small. Well I would say the entire room is quite small but I didn't need anything more than that. It is an older building with an Art Deco style so there a lot of different designs along with dark wood and marble. The front desk was very nice and responsive.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2021 via mobile

Dirty outdated rooms. A coworker had no hot water. Took three trips to the front desk to fix this. I had no shampoo, but did have a used contact lens, a sequin, and some hair on the bathroom floor when I checked in. Room had a musty smell. The ice machine across the hall was leaking. They out a fan out and left it there for 2 days.
I was there for a convention and they catered lu ch one of the days. Normal folks got a chicken ceasar salad. Vegans God a bowl of iceberg lettuce. That is all. Nothing but a bowl of iceberg lettuce.
Good cocktails in the bar at happy hour. Staff was for the most part friendly, but clearly tired of having to apologize for all the problems this decaying hotel has.

Room tip: Stay across the street at the Hyatt or Westin.
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2021

Good: Comfortable bed, good internet, friendly staff, quiet floor.

Bad: Tiny bathrooms--very little room to put toiletries. Two people could not get ready at the same time. A/C worked well but was incredibly loud and would wake me up every time it kicked on. Long, black hairs in the tub, but otherwise seemed to be clean. Very little food that can be purchased in the hotel, what can be purchased is expensive for what you get, and there is no room service. Received no help from the hotel with luggage going in or going out.

I asked the bell person walking directions to a specific restaurant for dinner and he pointed me in the complete wrong direction (to the left). The restaurant was actually only 1/2 block away to the right. I was a single woman, walking in downtown Cincinnati, by myself, at night, in the dark. I would've rather this bell person told me he didn't know where the restaurant was than send me off into the night in a strange town.

You are supposed to be able to access upper floors only by using your key card (or your phone). However, more than one person told me they were able to access any floor they wanted.

The hotel is attached to an essentially dead shopping center.

I was here for a conference but I think next time I would choose to stay elsewhere.

Room tip: Ask for an upper room with a view of the river
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2021

We had rooms blocked off for a family wedding November 2021 and each family’s experience was equally terrible. It’s an Art Deco hotel, however it was not clean. Our rooms had layers of dust on every surface, stains on the carpet, and tape on the bathtub. If you wanted a hot shower, you had to run the water for 10-15 minutes and then it would get hot. The walls are thin and we were woken up because we could hear our neighbors talking in the morning and late evening. Parking is also a problem. We paid $120 to park for the weekend. We left Sunday morning to run some errands and when we got back the vallet was closed and we had to park in the parking garage next door for an additional $25. We had an adjoining room and the room was given away. They offered a room on a different floor, but we declined because that was where the babysitter was staying to watch the kids during the wedding. They did comp the room, but did not get a cleaned room til late and our guests with the baby missed the wedding since it took so long to work out the room situation. Lastly, everyone at the front desk gives you a different answer so everyone in our party had different information causing confusion.
The positives are that it is in walking distance of many things and the breakfast wasn’t terrible. For the price of this hotel, we expected more. I’d look for another hotel in the area. We will not be returning to this hotel.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 10 November 2021

I traveled to Cincinnati for a sporting event and the suit room I was given was not adjoining to my other room which I requested. The suit room has stained carpet and no ice bucket and the room service was bad. I requested twice for toiletries which were never brought. We had to get toiletries from another room. Very poor and disappointed

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts