Lowest prices for your stay
$119
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com$119
Priceline$119
ZenHotels.com$122
All reviews great room yogurt next morning great stay free breakfast would stay again front desk staff pillows debbie rates
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 July 2022

Stayed here for two weeknights recently. When first entering my room, it was absolutely freezing!! Temp on thermostat was set at 52F!! Fifty-two!! I quickly turned it up to 72 which is where it should have been. (or between 68 and 72 anyway)
When I woke up the next morning, I noticed it being very humid in the room. Weird! I came back to the room later on that night and it was even more humid. Everything was sticky due to the humidity in the room. The AC must not have been working properly. And it was a bit loud, cycling off and on all night. Big pet peeve of mine!!
The coffee maker in the room still had an old used Kcup in it which I had to throw away, and the maker didn't work at all after that. Clogged up maybe? So I had to put some clothes on and go to the side of the lobby to get my coffee.
The free breakfast was very good as usual.
It was surprisingly crowded for a weeknight, but it was not loud, thank goodness. Also, the rates for a weeknight were higher than I thought they should be.
I did not see any housekeeping personal the two days I was there. Thankfully, I didn't need anything from them.

Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 7 November 2021

This hotel is conveniently located with regard to I-74. The room was clean and quiet, the breakfast the usual HIE fare. We appreciated the mini-frig and microwave in the room. Alas, the hallway was indescribably dirty, as if no one had vacuumed or shampooed the carpet in ages. This may well be due to staffing issues, but over the past year we have stayed in dozens of hotels that are short staffed yet still manage to keep the facility clean. If staffing in the housekeeping department is the issue, then management needs to come up with a new plan that takes this reality into account.

Date of stay: October 2021
1  Thank jetsly
Reviewed 11 October 2021

This hotel was a breath of fresh air. As Marriott Lifetime Titanium and nearing Globalist with Hyatt, I have found many properties declining in their standards. Staff were most impressive: Kathy and Debbie at the front desk were exceptionally engaging making me feel welcome throughout my stay. The soft-spoken lady serving breakfast was warm and cheerful. Ms. Wilson in housekeeping was most helpful with a great sense of humor. Our room was clean. The four pillows were both feather and foam. All our needs were responded to promptly and with cheerfulness. It was a hotel to remember!

Date of stay: October 2021
1  Thank ThomasZook
Reviewed 26 June 2021 via mobile

This is an awful hotel. Very dirty. No management oversight or attention to quality. In the front of the hotel sits a broken down car that has clearly been there a long time. Housekeeping is terrible. Both of our rooms had no toilet paper. One bed lacked a sheet. Another bed had a sheet with a dirty boot print on it. The Kleenex box was completely empty except for 2 wadded up used Kleenex at the bottom. The carpets not vacuumed. When the Manager contacted about these issues, he blamed it on lack of staff/ COVID. However, there is NO excuse for lack of oversight of current (rude) housekeeping staff. Why not do quality checks to be sure rooms clean?? Why not TRAIN your staff and take responsibility for providing quality service? Can I pay a “COVID rate” then?? To correspond to the crappy conditions this hotel provided my family ?

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 23 May 2021

The bad reviews made me nervous, but we decided to give it a shot given that we were traveling for a funeral and had little time to research the area. Unfortunately, the negative reviews were right. The first room we were put in had no working air conditioning, and the room was 97 degrees. The manager gave us a hard time about changing rooms until she realized we’d been put on the wrong floor (we were on the third, pets can only be on first and second floors) and suddenly there was a new room available.

Things went from bad to worse when the second room we were given had a tub full of excrement. Our kids ran into the bathroom and were inches away from raw sewage. The manager again could not have cared less; she stated that there was no housekeeping on site (at 3pm in the afternoon) to fix the situation. This time we were moved to a standard queen room despite reserving a king room. We would not have chosen this hotel had a standard size room been the only option.

The health department should inspect this hotel given its terribly unsanitary conditions. During our 4 day stay, we only saw housekeeping one time. We resorted to running our own trash out to the dumpster. We were told the general manager would call us; that never happened.

There’s a Hampton Inn opening down the street, avoid this hotel and stay there if you have to be in the area. This place could have potential given there’s so few options on the west side but it’s very poorly run and quite dirty.

Date of stay: May 2021
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Cincinnati West, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2021

Hi ahE4461KA,

Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns. I appreciate your choosing us for your family getaway.

We strive to exemplify a hassle-free experience and friendly services. I am sorry we could not meet your expectations of the IHG hotels and Resorts standards surrounding the room cleanliness, maintenance issues of the air conditioning unit, and the level of customer service you received.

I will pass on your valuable feedback to the managerial team as a reference to identify and enhance the lodging experience we provide. I also sent you a private message to ask for more information about your stay.

Again, I appreciate your review as it allows us to understand what we must do for our guests to accomplish guest satisfaction. I look forward to your response.

Warmest regards,