Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.com$106
HolidayInn.com$106
Hotels.com$106
Priceline$106
Travelocity$106
Lol.travel$128
All reviews pool and hot tub recommend this hotel bathroom door cleaning staff business trip coffee maker beds were comfortable lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 21 July 2021

We had a long weekend of walking around. I was very sore and wanted to book a place that had a hot tub. I booked the Courtyard in Cincinnati on my phone and checked in a few minutes later. However, I was informed when I inquired at the desk, that it was still closed due to COVID (though there was nothing mentioned about this on the site when I booked it). The frustration from that, plus the charge for parking that I hadn't known about, resulted in me canceling and settling for this Holiday Inn a little out of our way (because they said their pool and hot tub was open when I called to make sure before booking).

Even though I read some of the reviews here, I thought I would chance it anyways. Yes, the place does look rundown and has a very shady feel about it; even though the staff was wonderfully friendly and the lobby was very nice and spacious (and yes, the hot tub was nice and overall worth it for me). It looked as though a considerable amount of effort had been put into the hotel to make it more updated and nicer on the inside, but it just fell short. Yes, it does smell musty, and as you can see from the pictures I've included, signs of damage/neglect, and filth are apparent. The luggage carts were also a little old and gross; and riding in the elevator was an uncomfortable experience with so many creepy/creaking noises that it made you wonder when the last inspection was (and made you pray that you weren't going to plummet to your doom). Additionally, the ice maker near our room wasn't working and the electronic locks were old and struggling to function.

The room itself was ok; we liked having the fridge and microwave for our stuff. The bathroom door, shower head, and vent were dirty/damaged. The overall atmosphere of the room also felt "off." We let our praise and worship music play on our computer while we stepped out for dinner and things felt a little better by the time we got back.

The other thing I thought was weird (though not a deal breaker for us) was that there wasn't a free breakfast. Yet, the breakfast that you could pay for (according to what I read/viewed on the site) looked identical to the FREE breakfast that the Holiday Inn provided us in Florence.

Overall, I probably wouldn't choose this place again, but it's still better than your budget hotels that are crawling with crime and critters. If you have to "settle", you can do that here. If you don't, go someplace a little newer/nicer.

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 11 June 2021 via mobile

It was so depressing to drive up to the entrance. Very dark, no ornamentation, no plants—nothing except a trash can and dirty rugs. I wanted to leave immediately. The elevator was SO far from the lobby AND one had to travel UP a ramp carrying luggage. The room is ok—just a place to spend the night.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
IHG Service, Owner at Holiday Inn & Suites Cincinnati-Eastgate (I-275E), an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2021

Hello Eurodame,

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to leave us feedback.

What you described is certainly not the welcome experience we're accustomed to providing our guests. I am sorry to learn that the level of cleanliness at the hotel entrance fell below expectations. I have shared your comments with the hotel management, and I trust that the actions that will be taken will make your next stay with us better than the last.

I hope you stay with us again!

Best regards,

Clayton G.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 23 March 2021

The hotel and restaurant were a very nice place to stay and eat. Staff was great and very helpful. Thanks to Elaine, Anna, and John for the great hospitality during our stay. The room was updated and very little noise. Planning to stay again when back in the area.

Date of stay: March 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 March 2021

Nice place! Food was excellent at the in house restaurant. Amazing staff of Elaine, Anna, and John were really personable, friendly, and helpful. I will be staying hear again very soon. Thank you all for the help.
RV

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2020

I cannot say enough about these people! Darla and Austin at the desk are top notch they helped answer any question I had, they have amazing customer service! Give these awesome people a raise!
McKennas Restaurant was some of the best pa sta I have ever had. it was a really nice and clean atmosphere! I felt safe and noticed a security guard patrolling the parkinglot as well as one inside the building. My family and I will always stay here when passing through.

Date of stay: November 2020