“Their Staff Know Surprisingly Little About Coffee”

Lookout Joe - Mount Lookout Coffee Roasters
Ranked #18 of 48 Coffee & Tea in Cincinnati
Price range: US$ 1 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Fast food
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Searching around Cincinnati for either Kona or Jamaican Blue Mountain, coffee house after coffee house directed me to Lookout Joe. Their staff was friendly, and it looked like a nice place. However, the employee who was trying to help me swore he didn't know anything about either kind of coffee I was searching for. We left empty-handed.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

Get away from the 'bucks and go someplace local! Lookout Joe has great drinks, great service and even tasty eats!

Reviewed 4 April 2013

I have been going to Lookout Joe for years. I wouldn't go anywhere else. It is an unassuming coffee house, and there are certainly fancier places in nearby Hyde Park. But there is something genuine about this place that makes me love it. The staff are wonderful and personable. They treat you like family. There have been many a time when my husband and I weren't even in the door and they had our regular order already waiting for us on the counter. It is comfortable without being pretentious. When I was a student I spent a lot of time studying there. Coffee is very good, and I am very picky ... Only two down sides: it can get noisy on weekend mornings when other locals stop by with their kids and friends and the acoustics are not great. Also, the menu offerings are limited and I wish they had more dishes to choose from especially when it comes to lunch/savories. That said, they make great fruit smoothies and the smell of roasting coffee is intoxicating. When the weather is good, people sit outside with their dogs. Viva Lookout Joe.

Reviewed 25 December 2011

I am writing this review as a local. I go there with friends every week. It is a cozy mom & pop coffee shop in Mt. Lookout Square. In the early morning when they roast coffee it fills the square and the houses along it with aroma of fresh coffee roast. There is a large patio in front and is a favored place in summer to sit and watch the happenings in the square. In winter it is warm and cozy inside. It is not unusual to find artists, such as painters, sit inside and draw & paint. One will quickly get to know the baristas who are very friendly. When you walk in, even if you don't know anyone, within minutes everyone will smile and you will feel as if you are a regular.

1  Thank kishores
Reviewed 18 January 2010

This coffeshop runs the full gamut of drinks and food. from early morning to late night. A great casual, non chain shop!