2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Homewood SuitesUS$ 162
Expedia.comUS$ 143
PricelineUS$ 159
Hotels.comUS$ 143
FindHotelUS$ 143
Lol.travelUS$ 183
All reviews front desk valet parking same building great stay valet service pull out couch vine street within walking distance ball park would stay here again rooms are spacious location was perfect reds game downtown dishwasher elevator hampton
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 October 2021

The evening registration desk wasn’t that helpful. I asked directions to the stadium and if it was safe to walk to the game. She couldnt tell me which direction nor in information on the safety to walk to the ball park. I was disappointed from that perspective. Plus I had to ask about WiFi info

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Reviewed 21 September 2021

We stayed at this hotel for two nights because of a reserved wedding block. We arrived at check in time, 3:00 pm. Our room (which we pre-selected using the Hilton app) was not ready, and we were asked to wait. The staff at the front desk were untrained, poorly presented, and completely unprofessional. We were offered an alternative room, which upon inspection was not acceptable, it looked out on the loading dock and had filthy windows. We immediately returned to the desk and agreed to wait. We waited two hours, and when we were told the room was ready, went to it to find there were other people already in it. We were then offered another room on a floor apart from the wedding party. We took it, waited another hour for it to be "prepared", only to find that it was filthy, with the sink drain blocked up with soap, and a mattress cover instead of a blanket (we have photos to prove). We complained to the staff, were told maintenance would immediately look into it, which never occurred. The windows were absolutely filthy, the lobby carpets full of stains. Only two elevators were working, which were constantly jammed full of unmasked people, making my 78 year old husband walk down 7 flights of stairs (the fire stair exit was filthy, including cigarette buts and other detritus). We found there to be absolutely no Covid protocol being followed, particularly by the staff who could have set a standard, the entire hotel to be dirty, the staff unprofessional and overwhelmed, using the full capacity of the hotel as an excuse to perform so poorly. We are sympathetic to staff shortages, but the hotel knew well in advance this would be a busy weekend, and seemed be completely. unprepared, and after all it is part of the Hilton chain, who should be backing them up. This hotel is a total embarrassment to the Hilton brand. We will be hesitant to stay in a Hilton hotel in the future because of this experience. I should note that we were offered a discount (we've yet to find out what it will be - when we checked out there was different staff who claimed to be completely unaware of everyone's problems). Staying in that hotel truly ruined our weekend, and that of most of the other guests in our party.

Room tip: Do not stay in this hotel.
Reviewed 21 September 2021

Well came here excepting this to be like any other Hilton, the best of the best. The did not happen! We ordered for two queen beds, and a pull-out bed, but all we got was one king and one pull-out bed. Now that seems fine, but my son wanted to go to bed, and my daughter wanted to read. So I asked my husband to sleep with my son on the pull-out bed, but the mattress is so thin that it would break his back. Then, we called for a cot, but they did not have any. So I sent my husband and my daughter to the king sized bed, and my son and I went to sleep. The bed would be so top heavy that we would wake up rolling on top of each other. The bed would squeak all night long, and the sheets were so rough that we woke up with scrapes marks. My husbands and daughters bed would also squeak. The pillows were as hard as a rock. And with all of this, we got a stinky room! We moved over to the Hampton, which was a much better hotel. The only reason this is a two is because the workers were so nice!

Room tip: Go to the Hampton
Reviewed 9 September 2021

Valet Juice was a very nice guy! Very personable. In conversation, we realized I have meet his family at a Nebraska vs Ohio State game. I live in Nebraska, however grew up in Ohio.
The female valet upon entrance was also super nice. The female at the front desk was as well, and very professional. Upon check-in, an unwanted visitor enter for a bottle of water, and these two professionals took care of the situation.
Finally, the hotel was very beautiful, clean, and welcoming! I would totally stay again.

Reviewed 8 September 2021

Review Highlights
“In the same building as the Hampton Inn, this is located in the former Chicago Equirer building.” in 6 reviews

“I don't expect to ever be in Cincy again, but if I am - I'll be staying here.” in 2 reviews

“However, my room faced Vine Street and Cincinnati is LOUD at night.” in 3 reviews

Location & Hours

You Might Also Consider
Sponsored
Red’s Westside Venyou

5.6 miles away from this business

Red’s Westside VenYou is The one stop shop for all of your event needs. Now booking. Call now for an appointment.read more

in Venues & Event Spaces

Stellar Events

Stellar Events creates stellar experiences!read more

in Wedding Planning, Party & Event Planning

Staff wears masks
Accepts Credit Cards
Accepts Apple Pay

About the Business
Homewood Suites by Hilton Cincinnati Downtown offers a fantastic central location in the heart of
downtown, within walking distance of hundreds of dining and shopping options. Discover beautiful
golf courses and world-class sports and entertainment venues within easy reach of our all-suite ho…

COVID-19 updates
"Using the same quality brands you trust in your home, Hilton CleanStay builds on our already rigorous cleaning standards to provide complete peace of mind when you stay with any of Hilton’s 18 brands. Our promise to you is to deliver the same level of reliable and friendl…"

Posted on January 13, 2021

Ask the Community
Ask a question

Yelp users haven’t asked any questions yet about Homewood Suites by Hilton Cincinnati-Downtown.

Recommended Reviews
Your trust is our top concern, so businesses can't pay to alter or remove their reviews. Learn more.

Search within reviews

Search within reviews
Yelp Sort
Sarah Z.
Elite 2021

Brownsburg, IN
9/8/2021
1 check-in
Our family of four checked into Homewood Suites over labor day weekend and intended to stay for two nights but only opted for one based on the condition of the room.

The pros: the hotel is located downtown with a convenient parking garage across the street. Valet parking is available for $40. The building itself is pretty neat as it's the old Enquirer building. The staff was very nice during check in and when we let them know we would be ending our stay early.

The cons: the entire hotel was visibly dirty. The lobby and the furniture needed to be thoroughly cleaned. The carpet in the hallways were absolutely filthy and had huge dark stains. Our room was not clean and we felt very uncomfortable in it but due to having small children and it being a holiday weekend, we thought our best option was to stay one night and try and make the best of it. The doors, tables, and surfaces had stains, fingerprints etc. The carpet in the room had red stains in several areas that we assumed to be blood. The curtains had big stains on it as well and the furniture was in poor condition. This isn't the hotels fault but there were many nearby restaurants that were closed due to staffing issues. Sit down restaurants seemed to be open but we wanted something quick with two little ones and it was virtually impossible to find after walking around for about an hour looking. We ended up driving to the Kentucky side to get food as we couldn't find any viable options near the hotel. Please note that we even placed a grubhub order and waited for an hour before walking to pick it up ourselves only to find a handwritten closed sign on the front door.

The staff was understanding when we said we didn't want to stay an additional night and cancelled our room. However, there were not offers for compensation for the filthy room we did have for one night.

Unless things turn around for this location, I would definitely not stay here anytime soon.