Don’t let the Best Western label fool you, this is definitely not just a normal hotel. The Best Western Mariemont Inn is one of the hotels listed on the Historic Hotels of America website. I selected this hotel only because I was out of other options, since all of my normal business hotels in the area (i.e. Sheraton, Hilton, Hyatt) were booked.
ARRIVAL / CHECK IN
I arrived by plane into Cincinnati airport (CVG) and the taxi ride was about 20 to 30 minutes from the airport. Since I did not know where the hotel was, I was pleasantly surprised when I caught my first glimpse of the hotel. The taxi drove into a nice neighbourhood, and the area around the hotel is an historic area. The architecture all matches quite well.
The front desk has the classic vintage hotel look. It has the slots against the back wall for the individual rooms. But they did update the doors with the current electronic key card locks.
The guest room is actually quite nice. Spacious for a hotel and it keeps with the décor of being an old hotel look.
One thing that caught my attention is the fact that there the TV seemed to be non existent. Then I saw the note that said in the 1920’s (when the inn was first built), TVs did not exist, so there is no TV available. But there was a continuation on the note saying if you really want to watch TV, to use the switch below. When I pressed the switch, the canvas of the painting above the faux fireplace raised up to reveal an LCD TV behind it.
The shower stall had an overhead rain shower head as well as the regular side wall shower head. This provided a very relaxing shower.
The wireless internet was simple to setup like normal and had decent speed and there was even a small fridge in the room.
Breakfast in the restaurant was pretty good. It was quite inexpensive considering this is a hotel restaurant. For two eggs, potatoes and toast, it only cost less than $7.
For the $169 / night I paid for the hotel, I felt it was a good comfortable stay. I would definitely return to this hotel the next time I am in the area. Comparing with other Historic Hotels in America, this is one of those more affordable places.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the BEST WESTERN PREMIER Mariemont Inn, an upscale boutique hotel offering historic charm and superior customer service. Located just outside of downtown Cincinnati, Ohio, this newly-renovated hotel features spaciously-appointed guest rooms with flat screen HDTVs and complimentary high-speed Internet access. Guests staying at this Cincinnati hotel will enjoy the hotel's state of the art fitness center, business center, meeting/banquet facilities and onsite restaurant with pub. Discover this boutique Cincinnati, Ohio hotel conveniently located near the Cincinnati Zoo, the Riverbend Music Center, the Reds and Bengal Stadiums and the Cincinnati Art Museum. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Best Western Premier Mariemont Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Mariemont Hotel Cincinnati
- Best Western Mariemont Hotel
- Best Western Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Best Western