“Beautiful Restoration”

Best Western Premier Mariemont Inn
Ranked #1 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 25 May 2012

A beautifully restored hotel. An excellent place to stay for history buffs. It is located in a small village just east of Cincinnati proper. At first, parking is not obvious, but the front desk directed us to the lot and that was fine. Convenient to places like the Cincinnati Zoo and the interstates. The room is large. However, besides the desk chair, there is only one other chair in the room. As my husband said, that chair was picked out by the interior decorator for looks, not for comfort. A second chair would be nice. The air-conditioning was excellent. There is a small wine cooler built into the wall. Wish it could have been larger to hold more water and soda bottles. Also a little cooler. The bath is small. There is no place to hang the towels after use. So you put them on the floor and get clean ones each day. The shower (2-person) does have directions which are helpful. I wish the shower head had been adjustable so that you could change its direction and strength. The sink stopper wouldn't stay in the up position. Internet was fine. Bed was fine. There was plenty of light in the room, especially over the bed. Carpeting is far superior to what you normally see in hotels. It was quiet, except we could hear the floor above us creaking as people walked. We had a room at the end of the hall so we were not bothered by hall noise.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PickyEater31
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Best Western Premier Mariemont Inn

Reviewed 21 May 2012

Just spent a weekend at the Best Western Mariemont Hotel on a business trip. I have stayed at hotels around the world and I have to say my experience at this hotel was beyond words. The staff was exceptionally friendly and always willing to help. The rooms have been recently renovated and still reflect the old medieval times. The hotel is nestled in thie quant small community with tons of trees around and small restaurants and shops within walking distance. I will definitely be staying here on my next trip to Cincinnati!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 May 2012 via mobile

We had a great time dispite the less than wonderful circumstances of our trip (funeral). My fiance and i really enjoyed our stay, the hotel makes you feel as if you have stepped back in time, with great customer service and plenty of amenities. The staff goes above and beyond to help you. My fiance tore his pants about an hour before we had to leave to meet up with the rest of the family. He went to the front desk to see if there were any clothing shops near by where he could buy a new pair, there wasnt anywhere within walking distance, so the girl at the front desk (think her name was Nichole) offered a sewing kit. Neither my fiance nor I can sew very well so she offered to fix them for us. Within about ten mins we were good to go. That was amazing, ive never seen anyone go so far out of their way.

I have to say the best part was our nights sleep. We were very stressed and exausted from the day, and the bed was the most comfortable matress ive ever slept on. I wish I knew exactly what it was so I could get one for myself.

The only negative I can think of (which wasnt a big deal) would be the absence of a mircrowave and mini fridge. They do have a small cooler but it doesnt get very cold. Great for keeping wine and drinks, but not so good for leftovers. The front desk did offer the use of their microwave should we need it.

Before we left we had breakfast at the hotels restaurant which was very nice expirence. It was rather crowded but we didnt mind the wait. The food was much better than what you would generally consider "hotel food" and the menu had a lot to chose from.

I look forward to going back to the inn at some point, hopefully when we have a bit more time to enjoy it. The other reviews are right on about this place!! You wont be disapointed.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank ABBY M
Reviewed 17 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here one night for business. Hotel was essentially quiet and clean. It was also attractive with a lodge type archictecture. We had dinner at the onsite restaurant which was adequate. The room was spacious and nicely appointed. The bed was a little firm but I was exhausted and it didn't bother me too much. The tv is hidden behind a painting which was unique. The shower was huge and requires reading directions in order to avoid wasting time tinkering with it to get it to work. My husband was amused by the instructions entitled "the shower experience". My only complaint was that we heard some excessive noise from the hallway which I think was from the elevator (rm 202). This is a safe place to stay. It will meet most people's standards...even for someone spoiled like me!!! Good luck!

Room Tip: Avoid rooms near the elevator.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank infl
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We enjoyed our weekend get-away at the Mariemont Inn. To paraphrase another reviewer, don't be turned off by the Best Western name. This is a very cool hotel with old-world style. Lots of beautiful wood work and ornate furniture. The onsite restaurant and lounge are great as well. We ate dinner and breakfast at the restaurant.

The drawbacks we experienced:

Guestroom carpet and bathroom tile needed to be cleaned. We notified the front desk, but the lady there said she was the only hotel employee, so she would leave a note for the housekeeping staff.

I was looking forward to the cool shower with two showerheads - one on the wall and one on the ceiling. Unfortunately, you can only use one at a time, and the ceiling showerhead was NOT the gentle rainshower that I had hoped for. It was more like sharp needles of water. I switched back to the wall showerhead.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EJY0UNG
Spinnenweber, General Manager at Best Western Premier Mariemont Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your weekend get-away at the Inn! We definitely pride ourselves on being unique. I’m sorry about your experience with your guestroom carpet and tile. I would like to assure we do not take issues like this lightly. We have a very extensive cleaning procedure; however, sometimes we do not catch everything. Again I do apologize about that and will follow up with our Executive Housekeeper. I am also sorry to hear about your shower experience. At times, the village has extremely high water pressure. I will talk to my engineering department to see if there is anything we can do. Thank you for staying with us and I hope to you will choose the Inn for your next weekend get-away!