“Fried Chicken!”

The Eagle Food and Beer Hall
Reserve with OpenTable
The Eagle Food and Beer Hall is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 2,074 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 6 February 2018

Location: In the OTR neighbourhood - it's walkable from downtown too.

The place: It's got a bar feel to it (probably because they've got a proper bar) and is super casual. Nothing pretentious here at all. Th le vibe is chill and friendly. Great for a drink if that's all you want.

The goods: God help me - I was hoping that the rumour about the best fried chicken was true and so it was. I had 1/4 chicken and it was amazing - so tender and moist and the skin was the perfect level of crispness AND it was loaded with flavour. I ordered the biscuits (3) but took 2 home - they're great but I just didn't have any room to store them since I was coerced by my waitress, into ordering the best Mac & Cheese, too. That was awesome. For real - I believe that it really is the best Mac & Cheese ever. Oh and I forgot to mention the bourbon punch. Hey, I wasn't driving so why the hell not?! It was REALLY GOOD.

Service: Great - my waitress was super nice and friendly, and gave me some tips on what to do and where to go in Cincy. Totally felt the love!

Price point: For all that food, it totalled $17. Disclosure: the punch was on the house because I'm awesome.

This place rocks - it's popular with the locals so that's good enough for me. If you want some great craft beer and good food - add this to your list of must-eat spots in the Queen City.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

The fried chicken at Eagle is simply amazing. Sometimes the service could be better, but with the food quality, this will always be one of our favorite stops.

Reviewed 29 January 2018

Good food! Fried chicken is good though liked the shrimp po boy better. Crowded most of the time but good atmosphere and great bartenders. They add Guiness to their bloody marys'!

Reviewed 29 January 2018

My friend and I ate at The Eagle while staying in Cincinnati for a conference. The restaurant is very small and we ended up eating at the bar to decrease our wait time. I loved the fact that the restaurant will text you when your table is ready and they also offer your reservation through an app that tells you what number in line you are to track your waiting. This restaurant came highly recommended by several people we met along the way in Cincinnati. I was expecting an excellent dining experience, however, the food was mediocre in my opinion. I ordered the fried chicken & mac and cheese. The mac and cheese was extremely garlicy and difficult to eat (& I love garlic!); one the menu it said garclic breadcrumbs but it was a little extreme and the flavors did not complement each other. The chicken was good, but not the best I've ever had. My friend had ordered the cheesy grits; we were both very excited to try this, however it was extremely spicy due to the fact that they put jalapenos in it, which is not listed on the menu. They have a great beer selection and the staff was extremely friendly, but I don't think I will be visiting for dinner again on my next visit.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Their chick is very good. A little spicy though. The skillet cornbread is delightful and the collard greens are very good. The mac n cheese is very good also