“Interestingly Different”

Ranked #44 of 2,123 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Sleepy Bee was born for the love of bees. Sleepy Bee is a gathering place that offers locally sourced sustenance – food that tastes, makes you feel, and is, good. In an environment that is embraces the beauty of it’s community, through it’s design and featured artistry. Owners Dr. John Hutton and Sandra Gross are entrepreneurs who follow their hearts. “We are often asked about the origin of our name, Sleepy Bee. It was not the product of focus groups, marketing meetings, or a graphic design team. One of our favorite pastimes is exploring our yard, populated by native host plants and “weeds,” checking for new arrivals. On cool mornings, we noticed that bumblebees tended to rest on the underside of flowers, before starting their busy day. “I think it’s sleepy,” one of our daughters announced. And so it was.” The menu and specials crafted by Chef Frances Kroner strike a balance between traditional comfort foods made with locally sourced ingredients, healthy options and bright flavors.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Boasting healthy locally-sourced food, this place is both interesting and the food is good. Based on a personal recommendation we tried the Sleepy Bee Café just around the corner from our hotel for breakfast. We were seated immediately. The wait staff was attentive and helpful. Although the menu was a little limited compared to other breakfast places, our meal was excellent and the food was served hot.

I had a Goetta sausage and cheese omelet. Although it looked more like an egg taco than the mixed omelets we were used to - it tasted great! The Goetta sausage - a mixture of meat and grain popular in the region - was very flavorful. I just had to try it, and glad that I did.

This place is different enought to be interesting - and the food good enough to be worth the experience.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

Wow! Fabulous breakfast in every way imaginable. Our waitress was as amazing as the food. The entire experience made us fall in love with the Cincinnati!

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. Our table was located in the back room, away from the hustle and bustle. The waitress steered us to fabulous food. I really enjoyed the queen bee with the local goetta added to it, amazing! Our waitress recommended subbing a pancake for the toast, so I chose a peach quinoa pancake. Wonderful crunchy perfect pancake, no syrup needed. Coffee perfectly roasted.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Very good food, clean and the service was as I would expect. Would recommend for anyone...business travel, family, couples...great place.

Reviewed 26 August 2018

Visiting friends in the area noted that this was their go-to spot for brunch. We got our name on the list and headed over and only had to wait about 15-20 minutes on a Sunday. I enjoyed the Forager Omelette and thoroughly enjoyed every bite. There was a little confusion on my barista drink - but the waitress was quick to remedy without hesitation. Friends enjoyed breakfast sandwich, GF pancakes with blueberries and the daily muffin. Looking forward to next visit when I am in the area.

1  Thank djaungst66