“Nice place for a nice meal”

Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants
Reserve with OpenTable
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 2,123 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I ate here for lunch on a Saturday. It was overall a pleasant experience. My husband had the Blue Burger, and I the Chicken Piccata. The server was helpful and available without being over-bearing. Overall, a nice quality lunch.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went to Cooper's Hawk for the first time on September 8, 2018. It was a nasty weather day, but this place is a ray of sunshine and it was fabulous! Excellent wines, delicious dinner, and fantastic customer service! Jeannie and Robin in the tasting room were amazing, very warm and friendly - very knowledgeable about the wines, not at all snobby or pretentious. We loved all the red wines, and the port was really good. The white wines were also quite good and we are not usually white wine fans. Overall, a very well-rounded selection of nice wines here. Dinner was excellent, and Diane was a wonderful and very attentive server without being overbearing. We did not have to ask for one thing, she was amazing! The dinner selections were nicely paired with wine recommendations and the food preparation was perfectly executed. We tried several dishes at our table, and tasted each other's selections, all were very good. Anything on the menu is wonderful, I would bet. Pistachio crusted grouper, and pretzel mustard crusted pork chop were both delicious. Steak was also excellent. We will definitely return - it was a great experience, and we joined the Wine Club - worth doing. Make reservations for dinner, and experience a great night out, with all the trimmings. Bon appetitto!

Reviewed 4 September 2018

Labor Day dinner - too many people too few wait staff - so service was slow. However, the menu was strong. Chicken pot stickers were excellent flavor. Cocktails (Manhattan, Vodka Martini) were good. The Shrimp and Polenta exceeded expectations for this Southern boy accustomed to Shrimp and Grits. Ohio has bested the traditional recipe with fresh corn kernels, grilled onions, and cilantro oil. I will be changing my Charlotte recipe to incorporate these ideas. The Healthy Balanced Salmon dish that my wife ordered was terrible. The salmon was overcooked and the sauce was uninspired. If you want "low cal" don't come here. Their menu is strong, avoid the "healthy" options. Shout out to wait staff, Charles, although harried due to a shortage of wait staff, managed to be attentive and helpful.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Sunday lunch with family (our 1st visit). As soon as we walked in we were hit with a strange/unpleasant odor that reminded me of burning incense. No idea what that was. Clean, nice looking place. Good service. What you’d expect for a J. Alexander’s or Seasons 52. My GF’s Margarita was watery (she sent it back). Her steak medallions were ordered medium but came out well done, along with some over cooked shrimp. She sent that back too. The waiter forgot to bring my Brother’s GF her side of Asparagus. My food was good (scallops and shrimp in risotto). Shrimp were a bit overdone. My Tom Collins was decent. Manager came out, apologized for the food. Took it off the bill along with the drink my GF sent back and comped her the replacement drink. He also got the side of Asparagus. Because of his quick handling of the situation, I’d give this place a 2nd try.

JulieFonseca, Guest Relations Manager at Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Hello there, we would like to thank you for your feedback and to apologize for your unfortunate experience you had with us. We can assure you that each guest's experience is very important to us. If you would like to speak with us about your experience, please email your name and contact information to helpusimprove@chwinery.com. It will also be helpful to include the date and location of your experience in your email. We appreciate your patience and hope to reach you within 72 business hours. We hope to hear from you.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We had to cancel our initial dinner reservation and there was too long of a wait by the time we got there. We did the wine tasting only. 8 wine tastings for $7.00 is not a bad deal. Our server was knowledgeable and friendly. My wife favored the Super Tuscan Red. Wine of the Month Club is a good concept if you live in the area. We will probably return with friends in the future.