“Customer Service Has Majorly Declined”

Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants
Reserve with OpenTable
Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 2,123 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I will preface my review by saying that the food here is very good. The wine very average. In the past, my family has eaten here an average of 8 times a year including Thanksgiving.

I recently tried to make a reservation for 11 on a Wednesday night. The hostess said that she could only give me a 5:30pm or 8:30pm because they "block out ideal times for Open Table". I asked to speak to the manager. I was transferred to someone named AJ who posed as the manager but later said he was actually the "event coordinator". When I inquired why he would turn a large party away for a weeknight he said that they were "full" that night, not knowing what the hostess had told me.

WOW! Sorry, your food isn't that good. I will take my regular business to your competition where customer service is king. Never again!

JulieFonseca, Guest Relations Manager at Cooper's Hawk Winery & Restaurants, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hello there, we would like to thank you for your feedback and to apologize for your unfortunate experience you had with us. We can assure you that each guest's experience is very important to us. If you would like to speak with us about your experience, please email your name and contact information to helpusimprove@chwinery.c…. It will also be helpful to include the date and location of your experience in your email. We appreciate your patience and hope to reach you within 72 business hours. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

My husband and I were here with another couple last weekend, 3/23. We had an open table reservation for 6:30. We arrived a little early and our table was ready. But we sat for 15 minutes before anyone came over to ask if we wanted anything to drink. The waitress had walked by our table 3 times and never stopped (we didn't know it was her until she finally came over). it took a trip to find the manager and ask who our waitress was. He was overally apologetic, but unfortunately not the first time that has happened here. Their focus is on wine tasting in the front, which is a lot of fun. I think now the food and restaurant is secondary and not as important. The food was good but nothing special.

Reviewed 21 March 2018

This past Saturday night, I had the pleasure of eating at Cooper's Hawk with a friend. As you walk into the restaurant, the first area is all about the wine. Cooper's Hawk is very much about their private label wine experience. Many stay in the front all evening sampling and buying the wine and various related items. Servers are passing out red and white wine to taste. We had a reservation (which I recommend) and were seated shortly after our arrival. Our waitress was pleasant and efficient. The menu has lots of offerings - even the pickiest of eaters will find something. The food was tasty, served hot and plentiful. Pricing is reasonable. Nice atmosphere - large, open dining room.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

Beautiful space, and very large...but I just didn't think it was executed as well as it could have been. I left feeling like it just didn't get it (or they didn't)?!? The space is very nice and well designed, but huge and the end result of being SO large I think is seen in the food quality (just average, like any "chain restaurant" and the waitstaff quality (very slow, not attentive, and not very personal)...the food was good...but average... nothing special, nothing to "write home about". The wine bar concept is very cool in theory, and the tasting experience was fun...but the wines themselves just honestly were not that enjoyable...and I'm no sommelier by any stretch but I have have my fair share of enjoyable bottles and these were just "ok" to not enjoyable. I don't intend to knock Coopers Hawk too much, but I think you should just know you will get a "chain" restaurant experience, a large menu, and a large beverage list...but lacking in originality, quality and uniqueness the the building itself would otherwise suggest and could command very easily. I know people who love this place and that's where I say I just don't get it? To each their own...for me there are way too many unique and special places to go to fill my calendar.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

We have been here several times now for a wine tasting and dinner. The wine tasting is very enjoyable- eight very healthy pours- that changes monthly. They will adjust the wines as well if you don't like a particular type. It does get crowded so go in an off hour if possible. The tastings are only $7 per person- and free if you join their wine club. I recommend joining if you are a local.

After the tasting, enjoy dinner. The food is excellent and very reasonably priced. We have tried a variety of meals including steak, risotto, scallops, salads and burgers- all above average.

Definitely recommend for a nice night out.