“Perfect for our Family”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
Ranked #11 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We wanted a place with a full kitchen, full breakfast, and an indoor pool, and this is the only place we found that fit the bill for a reasonable price! (Room for 6 under $100) We used all three amenities and enjoyed them. The staff was friendly and accomodated our request for an early check-in. The room was clean and well-maintained.

We enjoyed having a full kitchen, using all the appliances. I was glad I took my stainless steel frying pan, but wish I'd taken more pans as the ones there were scratched up non-stick, which I believe are unsafe. I was also glad I brought extra silverware and paper plates as there was only enough for 3 or 4. One minor issue was the large crack between the counter and stove, which could be somewhat major if a person lost something important down there. (We covered it with a paper towel.)

The breakfast was complete with many food choices; however, I would say that the hot items, such as eggs and potatoes, were obviously very processed. The pool was in good shape and and fairly warm, too.

Overall it was an excellent place to stay, and we would stay there again if in the area!

4  Thank Beth M
hawthorncincy, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay at our hotel! Many of our suites are a wonderful option for families. Please know that we have resolved the issue with the gap between the counter and the stove. I apologize that it had not been brought to our attention before your stay. We constantly strive to better ourselves and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 4 January 2012

Husband and I wanted a quiet place to stay as we did our Christmas shopping in Cincy and the outlets. I was amazed at how far our dollar went here. Nice sized room, full kitchen (what a surprise) that we kept drinks and a few snacks in, great mattresses, huge breakfast (bonus), VERY clean, TV bigger than ours at home, plus warm cookies that we could not resist. Easy parking, and just seconds from the interstate. If you don't live around here, one of the best restaurants in Cincy is only a few minutes away in Glendale: The Grand Finale. Try the spinach crepes.

Couldn't find a local grocery, and there are very few fast food restaurants here, but the (very nice) Thornton's has super selection of coffee, beer, soft drinks, and snacks for the room.

Plan to stay in this same hotel on our next weekend getaway.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Logan222
Reviewed 31 December 2011

We were part of a family group that booked 11 rooms, so we were not only looking for a good room, but a group experience as well. The staff bent over backwards for us at every turn, whether it was to help with maps to shopping, provide a 'pack n' play' for a baby, or setting up a large dining room at a local restaurant. We appreciated evening pizza appetizers, and the availability of free coffee and cookies.
As for the rooms, we had a variety of 'suites' among our group, and all were satisfied. Beds were very comfortable. Kitchens and cooking utensils came in handy. Everything was as it should be.
Morning breakfast was varied and well stocked, but the hotel lacks a real dining area. Although there are a couple of couches and coffee tables in the lobby, most guests took their food back to their room. Further, if you want access to a newspaper, you'll have to hop in your car and go get one.
The only amenitiy that would have been nice is a large room for us to gather some during the 4 days we were there. There was a 2nd floor conference room, but it was being used for storage. The rooms just weren't large enough for us to gather as a group. This wasn't the hotel's fault, but it will be a feature we look for next year.

Room Tip: There are a variety of suites. Some have a wall between the bedroom and living room, and some don...
1  Thank Corsair53
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We did not book ahead and arrived at 9pm. They had a double room with a sofa bed. Awesome for our family. We had a full kitchen that came in handy. Everything was very clean and comfortable. The lady at the front desk, tiny red headed ldy with a pony tail, wish I had gotten her name. She was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was decent. I would definately stay here again.

3  Thank angelina j
Reviewed 20 December 2011

My husband picked this in search of a cheap place to stay on the way back from Michigan. The room was spacious, fairly clean (new), and the price very reasonable (under $100). But, there were a few negatives.
1.The walls were paper thin and like other people mentioned, you could really hear the people walking around above.
2.The free breakfast looked inedible, we went to Bob Evans instead.
3. There was definitely the feeling that some of the people staying there weren't traveling. I'm just not a big fan of places with kitchenettes because I think it encourages low income people to live there.
On the upside, the staff was extremely professional, helpful, and nice. I dont think I'd stay there again, but my husband probably would.

Room Tip: Light sleepers must ask for a top floor room, or risk laying awake all night long!!!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank gnicolecan
hawthorncincy, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2011

We would like to extend a sincere apology for any inconvenience you may have experience during your stay. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us to make changes that serve our guests better. Please call me directly and I would be happy to speak with you regarding your experience. We do strive to give value and quality to our guests with spacious full kitchen suites. We also provide many amenities including 42 inch plasma Tv and Dvd player with hi-def cable channels, indoor heated pool, fitness center, guest laundry, free wired/wireless internet, and complimentary hot breakfast. We have many long term corporate guests that stay with us and I do hope you'll give us another try.